Jump to content

What updates do you think dst needs?


What Update is the most wanted in dst? (Lag update is not counted)  

100 members have voted

  1. 1. Make your choice.

    • Character Updates
      3
    • Riff Updates
      5
    • World Updates (Ocean, cave and mainland. Atmosphere, new biomes and such)
      57
    • Skins
      1
    • Bosses
      2
    • Revisit of existing things (like reap what you sow)
      27
    • Other
      5
  2. 2. What World update is more important/needed?

    • Mainland
      20
    • Caves
      43
    • Ocean
      37
  3. 3. What kind of bosses do you want?

    • Raid bosses (strong optional ones, bee queen, dragonfly, ect)
      16
    • Normal bosses (like ancient guardian, malbatross, werepig and frostjaw)
      24
    • Survival bosses (Bosses that threaten your survival. Deerclops, antlion, lord of fruitflies ect)
      37
    • More riff bosses.
      23


Recommended Posts

What updates do you think should be considered to be taken focus?

 

I made a poll for fun but comment whatever. Personally i am all for the caves, ocean and mainland to be filled with life, atmosphere, and world building (With survival mechanics too) since those are the weakest parts of the game and need attention. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ocean urgently needs expansion.

At present, apart from a few fixed islands, there is almost nothing worth exploring in an extremely lifeless ocean.

The cumbersome navigation system is only suitable for many people to participate in together, while single players are very troublesome, and in fact, many single player exploration enthusiasm is affected by this cumbersome system.

If we need to update the version, I think the ocean and navigation systems are the ones that need to be updated the most.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think there are many features that have potential but aren't really used like bee mines, dark lights, meat effigies and all the various clothes nobody uses to keep their backpacks on. Before adding new content, I feel like those loose ends should be addressed.

The ocean seems good enough for now. I've always treated it as an "occasional" thing for travelling to points of interest rather than an experience like the mainland. Could be expanded in the future though. 

The caves feel the most lacking. What's in there? Lightbulbs, the ruins, the atrium, 2 bosses and... what else? For taking up a whole server, it's a shame to just travel to these place while almost all other biomes and mobs are just bumbs in the journey. People don't really go down there for the mushroom forests, the additional swamp or the rocky fields. Perhaps they could get more interesting with a touch from the ancients or Charlie.

Edited by Garett Skott
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suddenly just have a new idea reading the poll.

A neutral seasonal boss./ elite mob.

- it walks through your living area, unintentionally affecting your living space, with not intention to hurt anybody or destroy anything. It might destroy some trees if walking. It might spread some pollens, affecting crops.

- you can choose to attack it, or you can let it move on.

 

I'm kinda tired of obligatory seasonal bosses, which have to be either killed or stored at some corner of the world. I just want a giant creature living in the world that's not actively trying to sabtage my tranquil DST life, but visit me from time to time. It's like a romantic fantasy encounter.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem with character updates, it focuses on one-two specific characters and still fails at giving what they need, but when update is out, it's like there is no hope for them getting nice touch ups. We still didn't get any info on last one, probably never will..
 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here’s an idea, Resize Moon Quay.

no seriously hear me out before you meet me with overwhelming boos.

Lets make Moon Quay the same size of a swamp biome or the lunar isles, a bigger Moon Quay = more room to actually dodge and kite the Monkeys, it ALSO means a larger land mass for pirate monkeys to bury their treasures.. And perhaps most importantly of all- it would make the island easier to find.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, goatt said:

I'm kinda tired of obligatory seasonal bosses

there are only 2 of like 20 bosses...

Im actually tired of optional dangers

The ink trio and miasma are such a waste of potential...

  • Like 8
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

I knew exactly what options were going to be the most voted for as soon as I saw them. My scrying orb revealed it to me. 

I am honestly suprised that there are 0 people who have voted for riff content or character updates so far.  (The current update line)

1 hour ago, Garett Skott said:

The caves feel the most lacking. What's in there? Lightbulbs, the ruins, the atrium, 2 bosses and... what else? For taking up a whole server, it's a shame to just travel to these place while almost all other biomes and mobs are just bumbs in the journey. People don't really go down there for the mushroom forests, the additional swamp or the rocky fields. Perhaps they could get more interesting with a touch from the ancients or Charlie.

Yeah you are right. There are so many biomes in the caves, but only the mud biome, spawn biome, grotto and ruins have anything new that you can't find on the surface, spawn biome or the mud biome and that is kinda nuts. There is no new items or mobs in any biome except the mentioned biomes above. 

There is rock lobsters in that one biome, but it is so barren. Ocean might need it more, but the caves take a whole server like you said so the caves should 100% be worth the extra server. Perhaps the cave should have more unique mobs spread about?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, zhangsheng said:

The cumbersome navigation system is only suitable for many people to participate in together, while single players are very troublesome, and in fact, many single player exploration enthusiasm is affected by this cumbersome system.

In my opinion it isin't very hard, you can get to your destination solo with a very simple boat and a driftwood oar or two

Usually the only requirements are packing like 40 grass and twigs, 20 logs and some boat patches, rocks and food.

For the boat, even just having 1 campfire works, using oars is a safe alternative to sails and it doesn't affect speed that dastardly.

Stuff like anchors and the rotater 9000 is made for the sails because if you only use oars you can slow yourself down quite easily if you are observant, while sails go a bit too quickly and need to be slowly closed.

Its way to big of a hassle to try to use the boat kit items without causing problems for yourself, to summarise my thoughts.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Lets make Moon Quay the same size of a swamp biome or the lunar isles, a bigger Moon Quay = more room to actually dodge and kite the Monkeys, it ALSO means a larger land mass for pirate monkeys to bury their treasures.. And perhaps most importantly of all- it would make the island easier to find.

This sounds cool, maybe it would have more plants to find in that case? Since having a swamp sized island for DIY bananas, reeds and some palcones seems too littld

Would the treasures periodically respawn (1 per day?), what would they have inside?

Edited by marshyds
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, marshyds said:

In my opinion it isin't very hard, you can get to your destination solo with a very simple boat and a driftwood oar or two

Usually the only requirements are packing like 40 grass and twigs, 20 logs and some boat patches, rocks and food.

For the boat, even just having 1 campfire works, using oars is a safe alternative to sails and it doesn't affect speed that dastardly.

Stuff like anchors and the rotater 9000 is made for the sails because if you only use oars you can slow yourself down quite easily if you are observant, while sails go a bit too quickly and need to be slowly closed.

Its way to big of a hassle to try to use the boat kit items without causing problems for yourself, to summarise my thoughts.

Actually, what I mean is that this process is very boring. It's a process where I can't spare any time to do other things, but rather simply paddling in a boring way to get to the destination I've already set. In a situation where multiple people can cooperate and take care of each other, but single player games are really boring.

In fact, the updating of the ocean is closely related to the navigation system. This navigation system is too clumsy, and it would be better if it could adapt faster and lighter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Here’s an idea, Resize Moon Quay.

no seriously hear me out before you meet me with overwhelming boos.

Lets make Moon Quay the same size of a swamp biome or the lunar isles, a bigger Moon Quay = more room to actually dodge and kite the Monkeys, it ALSO means a larger land mass for pirate monkeys to bury their treasures.. And perhaps most importantly of all- it would make the island easier to find.

Hold on i have an idea to expand this. What if it was a bunch of islands surrounding it instead like the lunar? There would be docks that connect some islands.

3 minutes ago, zhangsheng said:

Actually, what I mean is that this process is very boring. It's a process where I can't spare any time to do other things, but rather simply paddling in a boring way to get to the destination I've already set. In a situation where multiple people can cooperate and take care of each other, but single player games are really boring.

In fact, the updating of the ocean is closely related to the navigation system. This navigation system is too clumsy, and it would be better if it could adapt faster and lighter.

The issue would probably be fixed if the space between the oceans was not filled with nothing. Add a few juicy things in between. The heaps of food mod adds in an almost rare water root which heals the player for 20 when cooked.

Another improvment could be allowing followers to help you with your boat. (How will this work? IDK. At the least they could paddle in the same direction as you for added power if you give them oars. They could also operate the useless fire pump if there is fire.)

  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even for default size worlds I feel like a lot of the biomes of the game are lacking and feel more like just a space. Ocean especially. Maybe it's because I have a bias towards Solo DS and have been playing a lot of Shipwrecked again with some Hamlet thrown in. It's a hard balance I think. You can't slam it full because what if someone wants to build in say the swamp, or a certain biome? When I'm playing hamlet it's like oooh a ruins or shipwrecked you have the islands. How many people here actually go to the bat biome in the cave or a red/green mushroom forest? I think top priority should be giving a meaningful purpose to visit certain areas of the game you normally wouldn't, or you'd just go to once for a handful of resources. But then again some people could see that as being tedious and involving too much travel. It is certainly a pickle. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

The issue would probably be fixed if the space between the oceans was not filled with nothing. Add a few juicy things in between. The heaps of food mod adds in an almost rare water root which heals the player for 20 when cooked.

Maybe adding more friendly/neutral creatures like pearl or the shark dude? It would be a nice bit of irony that one of the most barren places on earth: the surface of the ocean, has the most social interaction

Maybe traveling merchants, who are like moonquay's pirates but friendly? (I can't imagine every monkey in the ape dimension being a pirate.)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, xDarkSoul18x said:

Even for default size worlds I feel like a lot of the biomes of the game are lacking and feel more like just a space. Ocean especially. Maybe it's because I have a bias towards Solo DS and have been playing a lot of Shipwrecked again with some Hamlet thrown in. It's a hard balance I think. You can't slam it full because what if someone wants to build in say the swamp, or a certain biome? When I'm playing hamlet it's like oooh a ruins or shipwrecked you have the islands. How many people here actually go to the bat biome in the cave or a red/green mushroom forest? I think top priority should be giving a meaningful purpose to visit certain areas of the game you normally wouldn't, or you'd just go to once for a handful of resources. But then again some people could see that as being tedious and involving too much travel. It is certainly a pickle. 

I agree. Compared to hamlet and shipwrecked, dst is lacking in those areas. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

World Generation Overhaul.
Please please please. I shouldn't be able to know where everything is just because I became so familiar with the way World Generation works.
 

  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My top 3 wishes?

1. Touches up to older content and biomes. Some of these biomes are totally lacking!

2. A cave content update. They're seriously empty! There's so much potential!!

3. More non-opt-in later game threats! I want stuff outside of rifts to also show up. 
It's unrealistic, but super late-game extra seasonal bosses would be a dream... or at least new threats that start appearing year 2/3. Yeah...

  • Like 8
  • Big Ups 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really wanna see pigs be given more depth to be honest, it feels like mobs added after them get all sorts of toys in terms of interacting with the world or the player. As the OG follower and intelligent denizen of the constant, I feel like it'd be good for them to do things like pick food off of bushes, chop down trees, grab items, etc. As well as give them the ability to perform said tasks for a player.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

I really wanna see pigs be given more depth to be honest, it feels like mobs added after them get all sorts of toys in terms of interacting with the world or the player. As the OG follower and intelligent denizen of the constant, I feel like it'd be good for them to do things like pick food off of bushes, chop down trees, grab items, etc. As well as give them the ability to perform said tasks for a player.

Hamlet :wilson_cry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

I really wanna see pigs be given more depth to be honest, it feels like mobs added after them get all sorts of toys in terms of interacting with the world or the player. As the OG follower and intelligent denizen of the constant, I feel like it'd be good for them to do things like pick food off of bushes, chop down trees, grab items, etc. As well as give them the ability to perform said tasks for a player.

I agree. They are meant to be stupid, not braindead. This adds so much to the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Entire Worldgen Overhaul;

For the surface it's making biomes have more unique tile structures from one another and having so YOU DONT HAVE TO BOAT ALL ACROSS THE MAINLAND IF YOU WANT TO USE ONE BOAT FOR ALL YOUR BOATING NEEDS. Whether it's tiles that you can both walk and sail on or separating the mainland into multiple islands close to eachother, I don't care, but if I have to go on for another year where boating across one side of the ocean to the other is so painful I'm going to freaking lose it. And no, the Bootleg Getaway is not a valid solution to this, it's the definition of a band-aid solution in this case and it's also, like any interesting item nowadays, tied to a boss that is also painful af to find because of how ocean things work, aka stupidly tiny point on a stupidly huge piece of the world found randomly by chance because boating needs to be as painful as possible.

For the caves is also unique biome generation structure for all the different biomes and ruins getting some love in form of them being closer to their DS counterpart.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, arubaro said:

there are only 2 of like 20 bosses...

Im actually tired of optional dangers

First of all, you can be tired of both. I'm not sure why you think it's not an legit complaint that I can be tired of obligatory boss.

 

Secondly, the number of obligatory bosses don't really matter. The essence of the complaint is that I don't want to be forced to do repeated tasks. Saying "there are only 2 of" them is missing the essence of my complaint. Or are you suggesting we should have more repeated bosses when those bosses have been defeated countless times?

I know many players just masterfully lead bearger away and ignore them for years, which means they agree with my complaint with their actions. Why not make beager always available but somewhere not near base?

Don't take my message wrong. I'm not suggesting reworking bearger. I'm simply saying what I complain about is a common phenomenon.

 

Thirdly, I don't think you can be tired of optional dangers. Optional dangers is equivalent to having more free time. If you are tired of having more free time in game, I think the real problem is that you are bored of the game, and you should probably find new games.

 

Lastly, if you are talking about wanting more non-optional survival challenges when you said "tired of optional dangers", the game has given you hundreds of hours of non-optional survival challenges. Just because you have beaten the game again and again after many fails, doesn't mean the game lacks non-optional challenges. It simply means you are extremely seasoned. Let me ask you, how many hours do you have in game? above 500? above 1k? above 2k?

I would say it's the same reason that I complain about obligatory bosses, because I have too many hours in it. But I like to have freedom to do things in DST after I've beaten the game, instead of being forced through the same cycle after beaten everything.

 

And really lastly, the game did recently offer more non-optional bosses and challenges as game progresses, namely, brightshade mobs and lunar version of seasonal challenges.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
  • Create New...