Ocean mobs should be permanently wet

Devs: The morning star can't have a niche and make players feel strong in otherwise sub par content, remove it!

Ofc not what they said but why would you remove such a quirk that makes the world feel more... Alive/Natural. Especially in the ocean where there's nothing worth killing. Crabking has horrible rewards... Just WHY? 

It's not an interaction I care about just because it's so unimportant. I'm going to cheese crabking anyways. Maybe I'll care if they add more things to the ocean.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, -Variant said:

They used to be! It wasn't until folks started using the Morning Star on them that it was removed.

I'd like it back, honestly.

They removed it for that reason? What?????? 

The only mobs the morning star is effective against in the ocean (that are actually in the water) is gnarwhales, sharks and skitter squids, it is a niche interaction to achieve 72.3 damage. I am so mind boggled at that.

1 hour ago, Guille6785 said:

fun detected, fun removed

I mean, kinda feels like that in this case. 

• Like 3
  • Wavey 1

9 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Devs: The morning star can't have a niche and make players feel strong in otherwise sub par content, remove it!

Ofc not what they said but why would you remove such a quirk that makes the world feel more... Alive/Natural. Especially in the ocean where there's nothing worth killing. Crabking has horrible rewards... Just WHY? 

It's not an interaction I care about just because it's so unimportant. I'm going to cheese crabking anyways. Maybe I'll care if they add more things to the ocean.

Klei's nerfed quite a few "unintended" things actually. And all unjustly IMO.

Wormwood's petal perk was removed becuase it had "unintended consequences". But also they're petals, so I really don't know what the intended use for them was if feeding beefs or making free ash was apparently too OP. And the Brightshade staff had 2 different interactions nerfed. First was Wigfrid not restoring any stats when using it. And then was the staff not getting Wolfgang's planar bonus. The latter of which really gets me, because that was just about the only fun part of his skill tree.

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

Yeah I was quite disappointed finding this to not be the case in my last run in March. Maybe instead of being wet they can have a hidden flag that labels them as aquatic and take like some slight multiplier from shock damage thats not as strong as vs wet mobs idk? But it does really make the morningstar feel like a subpar item to not have any real utility outside of bonus bonking power during spring, also found that waterballoons can't effect anything besides on fire/smouldering objects, players and loosely works on Dragonfly iirc but doesn't make her wet i don't think it like cancels her rage or something silly, so no thinking your smart and planning to get the electric bonus damage outside of spring or the odd heavy autumn rain. Or maybe they didn't make waterballoons effect mobs to make wickerbottoms feel useful with the rain book? (no really justifiable reason unless they just never thought about it)

3 minutes ago, Losparkeros said:

Is decreased effective health of mobs considered "fun"?

the fun part is something other than ham bat or dark sword being the best option for some fights, making you get that weapon   

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

Noooooo you cant use morning star!!!!! You have to use ocean content instead!!! Kill crab king and use his trident as a weapon it deals 68 damage on boats

But Crabking is too difficult to kill. And the material for trident is too difficult to obtain :(

6 hours ago, Losparkeros said:

Is decreased effective health of mobs considered "fun"?

Is giving more uses to a niche item in a way that makes totally sense "unfun"?

Water is a bad conductor, what makes it conduct electricity is the minerals dissolved in it. Guess which mineral is plentiful in the ocean and highly increase conductivity?

If the problem is volt goat jelly..just nerf it. Nobody needs ~x3 damage, was absurd addition that breaks the game

Edited by arubaro
Phone keyboard shenanigans...
  • Health 1

14 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

Noooooo you cant use morning star!!!!! You have to use ocean content instead!!! Kill crab king and use his trident as a weapon it deals 68 damage on boats

maybe i would if it wasn't abhorrently useless, they didn't even bother giving it above average damage compared to a darksword, so there's absolutely 0 reason to use it for combat because dark swords are easier to get either way

maybe if it dealt 102 damage like the SW trident, then sure

46 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Is giving more uses to a niche item in a way that makes totally sense "unfun"?

Water doesn't is a bad conductor, what makes it conduct electricity is the minerals dissolve in it. Guess which mineral is plentiful in the ocean and highly increase conductivity?

If the problem is volt goat jelly..just nerf it. Nobody needs ~x3 damage, was absurd addition that breaks the game

i second this