On fire panic should be "fixed".

Hey, as a Willow main, I'm really happy for all the non-burning loot and fire spread changes, wich made it viable to actually use willow and even make some use for the scalemail. However, here's one thing that now makes Willow cracked: panic. Burning enemies just don't attack wich was balanced by them dropping nothing, so it was worth killing a panicing bishop in the ruins for example. However now it feels like a cheat code. I can just set a spider queen on fire and constantly hit it because she won't attack. To be honest, I can set literally anything on fire, wich is kinda her purpose, but it still feels kinda OP.

I suggest some changes to that, like when an enemy gets set on fire, it starts to panic for 5 seconds, but then it will be immune to panic for 

A: a set time (like 30 seconds)

or

B: until it gets extinguished

or

C: make certain enemies (like volt goats, vargs, evecus, treeguards, vargs) immune to this panic effect

Willow is definietely really strong and this may directly nerf the fire staff ruins clear strat with other survivors, but fire now feels like kind of a cheat code.

Another note: spider nests and beehives really shouldn't burn infinetely from now on. it costs one ember to take out a tier 3 spider nest while getting all the loot.

Also I really think Bernie needs a fiery aura, like the fire setting thing should just work like the scalemail.

37 minutes ago, nyolcvanhet said:

make certain enemies (like volt goats, vargs, evecus, treeguards, vargs) immune to this panic effect

tbh they should do that for vargs and ewecus ig but the rest are already not dangerous 

30 minutes ago, nyolcvanhet said:

I can just set a spider queen on fire and constantly hit it because she won't attack.

This has always been a strategy even before the beta.

You can do that by luring a Spider Queen over a tree and setting the tree on fire. The queen wouldn't be burning so the loot is not lost, yet she was still panicking so she never attacked.

I understand the premise of the suggestion, but what do you suggest to avoid reverting people to how they used to preform?

EG: Set X mob on fire until its down to its last few hits and then snag those.

I agree with it being very powerful due to panicking, though I'm not sure the safest way to tackle it.

How about basic mobs who are lit on fire will panic for 5-6 seconds after which they'll fight normally while on fire, bosses who are able to panic will panic for 3 seconds. To make sure this doesn't become a nightmare for non Willow players other characters will no longer take damage from fires caused by being near mobs burned by Willow however they will overheat faster than normal from the fires on them.

Some of the panicking mobs could deal damage from all their stomping and flailing

(I know it's pointless I just wanted you to imagine Willow setting a Koalefant on fire and getting slapped with it's trunk as it starts panicking)

This would ruin my idea of wanting Willow to get a flaming bubble shield (yes like the power up from Sonic the Hedgehog 3) and just being able to walk while in this fireball of protection into a horde of hounds to force them to panic and separate, because while attempting to attack her through the shield bubble they get caught on fire.

I don’t know if that’s part of Willows kit in the beta or not, but i wouldn’t want fire panicking A.I. Changed 

(you’d also kill some players defense strategies for the Moon Stone event if you Nerfed fire panicking)

That said.. adding some Fire Adapted Mobs, such as Lava versions of Spider, or the existing Red Hounds to be Immune to Fire effects would be a no brainer move as well.

1 hour ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

This would ruin most of the fun I’ve had with the update.

I’d rather panic burns not get ruined for her easy access to them, otherwise we’re just the on the DPS to other DPS then other DPS train. It’s a lot more mundane.

My only real issue is this makes Willow basically invincible vs any mob who can panic I doubt it needs to go away completely but it needs some kind of balancer so you can't just completely cheese most of the game's combat. 

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

My only real issue is this makes Willow basically invincible vs any mob who can panic I doubt it needs to go away completely but it needs some kind of balancer so you can't just completely cheese most of the game's combat. 

You could argue the same about Bernie existing, being mass producible, and repairable.

Losses are likely due to enemies chipping away at your armor, exhausting your healing and other resources; sure you may win a "trivial" fight, but did get within lighters range without taking damage, and are there a few knights ready to deal some more

But I will admit, cheese is delicious and I would like more, variety is the spice of life.

18 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

You could argue the same about Bernie existing, being mass producible, and repairable.

Losses are likely due to enemies chipping away at your armor, exhausting your healing and other resources; sure you may win a "trivial" fight, but did get within lighters range without taking damage, and are there a few knights ready to deal some more

But I will admit, cheese is delicious and I would like more, variety is the spice of life.

Bernie still requires more resources and will be chipped down over time but aside from that if we're okay with this I don't see why we don't revert the nerf to Wormwood's bramble traps, Weremoose's regen, why don't we fully return Wolfgang's speed boost, and make Walter's slingshot fire at melee speed I'm honestly not sure where the standard of what's ok even lies anymore and I don't mean that to offend you or anyone else I'm legitimately uncertain where we draw the line anymore.

14 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Bernie still requires more resources and will be chipped down over time but aside from that if we're okay with this I don't see why we don't revert the nerf to Wormwood's bramble traps, Weremoose's regen, why don't we fully return Wolfgang's speed boost, and make Walter's slingshot fire at melee speed I'm honestly not sure where the standard of what's ok even lies anymore and I don't mean that to offend you or anyone else I'm legitimately uncertain where we draw the line anymore.

I don't either, I'd honestly like the line to change each month, and maybe eventually the community or market research could come to a consensus and solidify it later

I love for the fact it lasts 3x as long As a person who already used and advocated for fire strats 

Most of the time fire strats were kind of useless because mobs had too low of an hp to even take advantage of the panic state Before you could only use fire stun on clockworks varggs ewecus and koalaphants.
Now that willow can save items from being destroyed its actually worth while.

Archived