What's the point of crystaleyezer?

10 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

Doesnt it not freeze you to death in summer?

It does, actually! However, gear like the beefalo hat/tam will provide insulation, regardless of the season.

A friend of mine put it well that the crystaleyezers gimmick is exchanging a season downsides for another. In exchange for not needing to deal with the heat of summer, including the wildfires, you now deal with the cold of winter. I personally think this is actually a neat concept for an item, although it is a bit limited in application at the moment (it's a fairly small-ish radius for how pricey the item is, and using it in builds is difficult to incorporate, which is unfortunate.)

54 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

It does, actually! However, gear like the beefalo hat/tam will provide insulation, regardless of the season.

A friend of mine put it well that the crystaleyezers gimmick is exchanging a season downsides for another. In exchange for not needing to deal with the heat of summer, including the wildfires, you now deal with the cold of winter. I personally think this is actually a neat concept for an item, although it is a bit limited in application at the moment (it's a fairly small-ish radius for how pricey the item is, and using it in builds is difficult to incorporate, which is unfortunate.)

FINE but if that is the case and this things entire purpose is to remove summer from the game, then logically it should make actual WINTERS a Billion times colder, I want freaking Snow Blizzards…

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

FINE but if that is the case and this things entire purpose is to remove summer from the game, then logically it should make actual WINTERS a Billion times colder, I want freaking Snow Blizzards…

A lightning rod gets rid of lightning then in turn should it also make autumn harder? The crystaleyezer already sets world temp to -10 in the area that makes winter annoying having make blizzards would make it so nobody makes it because that's a nerf not a cool wacky feature

On 10/11/2023 at 4:53 AM, sudoku said:

i'd like to see it tuned so that it can be used for base defense by freezing nearby mobs in its radius.

Dont really see any other point or reason for this thing to exist otherwise...

Sudoku this is a glorious idea, i would love to see this.

Archived