[Suggestion] Polar Bearger Bin should remain in your inventory when opened

Something that’s a minor nitpick of mine is anytime you open the polar bearger bin in your inventory, it drops on the ground to open up. It’s not a massive inconvenience or anything, but I do find it a bit of a cumbersome interaction whenever it occurs. I personally wish opening the bin in your inventory would keep it there (perhaps with an alt open sprite to indicate it is opened), while retaining the ability to allow you to drop it on the ground and open it via right clicking. I do think it would be a minor, but nice QOL change.

(I do imagine a side effect is the tackle boxes would also likely receive this functionality, which I imagine would also be a nice change IMO)

14 hours ago, maroonamanita said:

I think the reason that all these pusudo backpacks do this is because they are probably using similar code to the cookware from the gorge event. It's super annoying but still they want to keep the new bugs to a minimum. 

I guess that makes sense. Less coding when can just cram all into same category.

3 minutes ago, Evelo said:

It functions like the Tackleboxes. So I am guessing it is a coding difficulty. Not sure though but if they change the Furry Fridge then I am sure the Tackleboxes are soon to follow.

The clelestial crown does not drop so i don't think there is a code issue.

28 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

The clelestial crown does not drop so i don't think there is a code issue.

7 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

That's a different type of item

What Gamehun20 said. The celestial crown is a headpiece and abides by different rules to allow it to be equipped in the head slot. The Furry Fridge and Tackleboxes are not equipable but when dropped allow players to access them similar to a chest. I am sure there is a way to change it so right clicking opens it in your inventory without dropping but my guess is it will change for both simultaneously rather than only working on the Furry Fridge and neither of the Tackleboxes.

Perhaps it could work similar to Maxwell's magic hat? it can be opened from inventory (or from the head slot), without being dropped to the ground. Although I suppose that'd need a new animation of characters holding the bin, like Maxwell holds the hat. 

It is possible for it to stay in containers/inventory when opened, they'd only need to change 1 line of code, but if the tackle box/bearger bin is opened inside a chest, it doesn't work properly. When the tackle box widget shows up, it blocks the chest widget so you can't close the tackle box.

Adding a close button at the corner would work but look weird.

Archived