Best 6 dishes for New Bearger Container for Wigfrid?

So I'm on console and can only eagerly await the beta becoming an actual update, read the forums and prepare for the update in anticipation.

I have a spot in mind for the new lunar Deerclops structure in my oasis base as I only really base there during certain summers. Its freezing effect seems pretty strong from what I've read so I plan on keeping it on the edge of the oasis base in case it gets too cold (especially at night).

I already have a frankly ridiculous amount of hounds teeth which will be perfect for the Howlitzer and I'm keeping every tooth I get now instead of feeding them to my lureplant rubbish bin.

What I can do however is cook up and bundle full stacks of crockpot dishes in anticipation for the new Bearger Container. Just as a fun exercise and also to help me decide I'd like to see what 6 dishes others would choose as their 6 dishes for the container (for Wigfrid). I predominantly play Wigfrid in my main long term world so it needs to be 6 meat dishes/ones she can eat.

Ideally I'd like to only store ones that spoil "slowly" or "very slowly" to get the absolute most out of the container but if you think ones that spoil faster are worth it let me know why.

Take into account stack size (I'm tired and it's late, can all of them stack to 40? No right?), spoilage timer, ideally one best meal for health, sanity and hunger and anything else you think is worth consideration. I have temperature management pretty down so unless you think there's a meal that is also great for a certain stat/s, has good spoilage time and also helps with heating/cooling this isn't really necessary. 

Perogi and Bacon and Eggs seem like no brainers and Fig Kebobs seem like maybe the best sanity option (easy to make, I have a huge fig forest, good spoilage, half decent other stats etc) but I'm not really sure what else. I do like using Honey nuggets as they're cheap and great for health and hunger but maybe they don't cut the mustard. Scotch eggs also seem like a pretty solid idea (I have a tallbird ranch so fairly easy to amass). 

Hit me with what your list of 6 would be!

Thanks in advance for the ideas!

2 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

Could also put jellybeans in there just in case

I just carry jelly beans on me at all times any way, no point putting them in cause they last forever I reckon

Hadn't even considered tasty I'll have to think on that and reflect on it's stats 

36 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

I just carry jelly beans on me at all times any way, no point putting them in cause they last forever I reckon

Hadn't even considered tasty I'll have to think on that and reflect on it's stats 

you can save space this way

2 slots for about 90 Bacon and Eggs. That should give you 90 days worth of hunger before they start to go stale.

If you don't like Bacon and Eggs, you could do ~67 Honey Hams instead before they start to go stale.

B/c you are Wigfrid, idk what else you need since Wigfrid's perks covers the rest.

Edit: Here's the correct chart converting the spoilage time into the total items it can hold before it gets stale (thank you _zwb):

image.png.1e0e15c5c52856f0dea8ab0e05d9a542.png

24 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

9x

It's 10 times longer. beargerfur_sack has a perish rate modifier of 0.1, the actual spoilage time is (base spoilage time)/(product of all modifiers), so here it is 10 times longer.

For about 83 days (Taffy needs to be consumed by 74) before you need to cook more/unbundle:

• 40 Bacon and Eggs
  • 30 Breakfast Skillet (Stone Fruit)
  • 30 Pierogi (Kelp Fronds, Honey)
  • 40 Taffy

Spicy Jellybeans and Garlic/Sweet Jellybeans for last two slots if you have it. Spicy can be used on the other foods if you find yourself using it for heating up in Winter. Sweet is also cheap enough to have on the foods.

It looks well-rounded enough and lets you eat about 15 days worth of other foods (e.g. Jelly Salad in base, raw meats off the ground) without any going stale. You can adjust the ratios to your needs, but I don't think Wigfrid really needs that much food for Health/Sanity if not for convenience.

12 hours ago, lakhnish said:

2 slots for about 90 Bacon and Eggs. That should give you 90 days worth of hunger before they start to go stale.

If you don't like Bacon and Eggs, you could do ~67 Honey Hams instead before they start to go stale.

B/c you are Wigfrid, idk what else you need since Wigfrid's perks covers the rest.

Edit: Here's the correct chart converting the spoilage time into the total items it can hold before it gets stale (thank you _zwb):

image.png.1e0e15c5c52856f0dea8ab0e05d9a542.png

8 hours ago, Popian said:

For about 83 days (Taffy needs to be consumed by 74) before you need to cook more/unbundle:

• 40 Bacon and Eggs
  • 30 Breakfast Skillet (Stone Fruit)
  • 30 Pierogi (Kelp Fronds, Honey)
  • 40 Taffy

Spicy Jellybeans and Garlic/Sweet Jellybeans for last two slots if you have it. Spicy can be used on the other foods if you find yourself using it for heating up in Winter. Sweet is also cheap enough to have on the foods.

It looks well-rounded enough and lets you eat about 15 days worth of other foods (e.g. Jelly Salad in base, raw meats off the ground) without any going stale. You can adjust the ratios to your needs, but I don't think Wigfrid really needs that much food for Health/Sanity if not for convenience.

Damn you guys took this to the next level and I HIGHLY appreciate it. Thanks! @Popian and @lakhnish

I'm thinking my final list will be something like:

-Pierogi -No brainer for Health needs
-Bacon and Eggs -No brainer for Hunger needs 
-Taffy/Fig Kebobs -For sanity, leaning towards Fig Kebobs - same spoilage rate and same sanity and hunger restoration but the Fig Kebobs restore health instead of doing 3 damage not that 3 damage means anything to Wigfrid ha. Also I prefer to keep her on her meat diet rather than candy! Yes it does require figs but I have a huge fig forest and should easily be able to mass produce them over time. 
-Breakfast Skillet/Honey Ham/Honey Nuggets/Jerky - All decent for health and hunger. Depending on what ingredients I have each time this stack eventually runs out. Breakfast Skillet stays good the longest and is massively the easiest to cook as well but Honey Ham and Nuggets can be somewhat easy to amass if you have plenty of bee boxes and meat farms and provide nice stats as well. Lastly if Jerky is allowed to go in the container like several users (including myself) are asking to be an option I will almost definitely include it instead of the Skillet/Ham/Nuggets as I really like Jerky - it provides awesome stats (so useful for fighting with Enlightened Crown to keep that damage bonus up) and I just enjoy the process of making it as well. Yes it only stacks to 20 but you can just keep topping it up anytime you do return to base.
-Spicy Jellybeans - so normally I just keep these at base in a chest but I always have to go get them anytime I want to take on a boss (that I want to use them for which is almost always considering I'm swimming in them and re-up them to 3 full stacks anytime I swap to Warly. Will just save me hassle and time.
-Garlic Jellybeans/Normal Jellybeans - same deal as above. I'm a bit torn though as I always keep a stack of jellybeans in my Krampus sack anyway and I'd love to free that slot up and make more room. Storing the Spicy and Garlic Jellybeans is only going to be a quality of life/time saver whereas putting regular jellybeans in there will free up a slot in my inventory permanently. Garlic Jellybeans are really nowhere near as important or powerful as Spicy ones especially since lately I am going more and more for as little hits as possible taken from most bosses or those that I do tank I tank in unique ways that don't require Garlic beans anyway (DF with double bone armor for example) plus most of the time I'm tanking it's with Wig who has innate defense already. It might just make more sense to carry normal jellybeans in the container instead and simply retrieve the garlic ones from base when I actually need them. I know if I include Spicy and Garlic I'm going to be tempted to remove the normal jellybeans from my inventory anyway and then I'll occasionally be using Garlic ones just for healing and not necessarily the buff which is just a huge waste of Garlic Powder and not something I want to do. 

Honorable mentions or dishes I considered:

-Fish Cordon Bleu - good suggestion from @Jakepeng99 to provide wetness and rain immunity which honestly would be really useful. Problem is they have super quick spoilage rates so they seem more worthwhile to be something that is bundled and unbundled when needed. 
-Jelly Salad - Killer sanity food but spoils WAY too quickly. Also given Wig's low sanity max of 120 they aren't as necessary as they might be for other characters.
-Barnacle Pita - I have a massive boat Barnacle farm that provides I think between 50 and 60ish barnacles each harvest and Barnacle Pita does last a fairly long time and restores a somewhat decent amount of hunger and health. Breakfast skillet is just so much easier to make. In all honesty to change things up this may well replace the Skillets/Ham/Nuggets on occasion simply when I want to change things up a bit. 
-Scotch Eggs - They simply restore such an incredible amount of stats and are extremely strong. I do have a Tallbird ranch I made which provides (from memory 12 eggs at a time) however they don't last that long considering how much hunger they restore (because you eat them so much slower they spoil faster... bit ironic really). They'll probably be something I simply keep in Ice Chester from time to time or use for Boss battles considering they also provide a big amount of healing (a bit of a waste given the hunger they restore but oh well)
-Froggle Bunwich - Frog rain, need I say more?
-Turkey Dinner - I really enjoy actually providing characters I play with their favourite foods but sometimes it's more trouble than its worth. Wig loves Turkey Dinner but a) it already restores a ton of hunger that the extra 15 isn't as great as it could be and much more importantly b) they spoil so quickly. I keep Year of the Gobbler on at all times and have a Gobbler Bait pen so I can often get tons of Drumsticks at a time but only occasionally do I actually make Turkey Dinner and usually most of those drumsticks just go towards Bacon and Eggs as either food for the Bird to create eggs or as one half of the meat in the meal. 
-Surf and Turf - Amazing Sanity restoration, great for healing and decent hunger stats as well. An all round great meal really but it requires fish (which to be fair I do get a ton of between trawlers in my base which seemingly catch a lot more fish than you'd think and my merm/bunnyman battle arena/farm) and doesn't last that long. Will keep it as a luxury meal I cook on occasion. Similarly to Jelly Salad because of Wig's low max sanity of 120 Surf and Turf isn't as good for her as it is for other characters.

I'm obviously certainly welcome to any further suggestions or feedback but I think I'm pretty set at this point thanks to @Popian and @lakhnish actually breaking down the max amount of food you could keep before it starts to go stale and need replacing anyway. No real point putting something other than Jellybeans (for Wig at least) in the last few slots by the sounds of things as it would be far less efficient. As is my Breakfast Skillets/Ham/Nuggets are honestly probably going to be a waste and result in spoilage and I may end up simply using Pierogi, Bacon and Eggs and Fig Kebobs with Jellybeans (spiced, garlic and normal) in the other three slots at the end of the day for maximum efficiency, so I don't waste spiced Jellybeans for healing alone and to save myself carrying normal jellybeans in my krampus sack...

7 minutes ago, Popian said:

You can also leave 1-2 slots available for anything that might get used in batches like Fish Cordon Bleu or Volt Goat Chaud-Froid.

Hmmm yeah temporary Batches like Cordon Bleu during Spring only. Spicy Volt Goat Jelly is too valuable to me to remain anywhere but carefully bundle wrapped hahaha, I generally keep multiple stacks in a single bundle. 

11 minutes ago, -Kiyo- said:

Has anyone tested if you can place Jellybeans into the Polar Bin? They don't normally go inside iceboxes.

Had not even thought of that, I assumed maybe others had already tested and succeeded =(

That will ahhh certainly change my plans a lot..

28 minutes ago, -Kiyo- said:

Has anyone tested if you can place Jellybeans into the Polar Bin? They don't normally go inside iceboxes.

You can! Jellybeans go inside without any issue. It’s basically a free space filler as I can’t imagine a scenario why you wouldn’t carry jellybeans in one of the six slots, especially spiced ones (I keep a stack of honey spiced ones in mine in particular, and I main Wanda!).

14 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

You can! Jellybeans go inside without any issue. It’s basically a free space filler as I can’t imagine a scenario why you wouldn’t carry jellybeans in one of the six slots, especially spiced ones (I keep a stack of honey spiced ones in mine in particular, and I main Wanda!).

Thank goodness

Archived