Why is the update called "host of Horrors" if there is nothing "scary" and "horror" in the update itself?

The design of the new bosses does not look Undead, but just living creatures that have been assimilated by the moon. If it's still "Undead", then how should I change the design of the bosses, and if it's according to the idea of the developers, these are living beings, then how should I change the name to change the name of an update like "Rebirth" or another

I apologize for my poor English. I used an online translator

image.png?ex=651ac5cc&is=6519744c&hm=42b1c13f50989a0850ca9d790fffbbf81a102a6a6b89d79952e369b4742da610& image.png?ex=651acd41&is=65197bc1&hm=7f8bd442d41a8e8d850af804b680fdeea4b7de3a1344cabb91389ce38cdb19ef&

image.png?ex=651ac47e&is=651972fe&hm=23e78fdc1e0157e3d95995231ea8fe1c9ce05f2034f9b54aee4ef31dcee57f70&

They're literal zombies, rotting corpses being possessed by gestalts. That's pretty horrifying. Plus the release will be close to Halloween, so it all seems thematically relevant to me.

I suppose Bearger's design looks a bit too animated to me, I think it has to do with the eyes being unchanged from living Bearger.

19 minutes ago, xhyom said:

Are you expecting gore and body horror in a PEGI 12 game?

No. But if they are undead, then they should look like undead to me. In the same PVZ, zombies look like zombies, but they also have PEGI +12

6 minutes ago, Reiko24 said:

I mean, it's not like showing some of bearger's bones is gonna traumatize the children. Nowadays they play games with worse things

You actually have a point, DST goes lighthearted and kid friendly despite being a game rated Teen (13+) however… Minecraft a game rated E for Everyone has a freaking skin of a Zombie with half her flesh rotting off and bones protruding outward.

8D714A7C-4B7E-40A4-A13F-02C81CF861FB.thumb.jpeg.207120961eec5f5556bd607f99781497.jpeg

This is a kids game… DST however is rated T which puts it in the same category with games like It Takes Two and Batman Arkham..

I think the truth of lack in body horror is that it made a few members of the community physically uncomfortable and Klei then decided to steer away from that direction.

However with this new update and dead corpses reanimating to life being possessed by Gashalts, I can’t help but wish they would’ve stuck to the Lunar Horrors theme.

29 minutes ago, Reiko24 said:

I mean, it's not like showing some of bearger's bones is gonna traumatize the children. Nowadays they play games with worse things

Things like cocomelon that are pg 0 are unironically way more harmful and damaging for a kid to watch over dst body horror

40 minutes ago, Reiko24 said:

It's not about what kids watch/play or not tho, but when you see something PEGI 12 you expect a certain level of violence.

32 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

You mean green? This isn't comparable to what the horror hounds and the iced pengulls are

though we do have some pretty gory monsters actually...

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

You actually have a point, DST goes lighthearted and kid friendly despite being a game rated Teen (13+) however… Minecraft a game rated E for Everyone has a freaking skin of a Zombie with half her flesh rotting off and bones protruding outward.

8D714A7C-4B7E-40A4-A13F-02C81CF861FB.thumb.jpeg.207120961eec5f5556bd607f99781497.jpeg

This is a kids game… DST however is rated T which puts it in the same category with games like It Takes Two and Batman Arkham..

I think the truth of lack in body horror is that it made a few members of the community physically uncomfortable and Klei then decided to steer away from that direction.

However with this new update and dead corpses reanimating to life being possessed by Gashalts, I can’t help but wish they would’ve stuck to the Lunar Horrors theme.

Again, that's not true Mike. They said quite clearly it was a change in focus, not due to people being physically uncomfortable.

*This post has been Mike-checked.*

Eh. They may not be the most terrifying thing ever, but they're definitely a cut above most of DST's mobs when it comes to horror aspect. Deerclops especially I think is real unsettling, given all the ice spikes portruding form it's body.

And if you want to be technically, the "Horrors" in "Host of Horrors" could be referring to the Gestalts. The giants are "hosts" for the parasitic entities that control them after all.

16 minutes ago, Mr Giggio said:

Those are dead bodies my friend

Possessed dead bodies

They don't look like possessed dead bodies. They seem to have been revived through the "Life Giving Amulet".

I thought they were still living beings until I remembered the name of the update.

8 minutes ago, Danila6300 said:

Necromancy itself is creepy. 

The problem is that they don't look like necromancy. In the same minecraft zombie piglins look like zombies. Varg, Bearger are not suitable for zombies (undead)image.thumb.png.1ac4327545aafce26caff2f5dede3f23.png.

Doesn't China have a lot of strict rules regarding depiction of rotting and undead things? Surely that might have factored in to it a little? Plus I like the more mystical looks of the creatures rather than them just being giant piles of gore myself.

By the way, I had an idea how to make them more "scary", "zombies". Remove all their facial expressions and make them emotionless.

So after all, if they are controlled by gestalts, then they should not experience emotions in their bodies

Archived