Opening up bearger fridge to accommodate some foods other than crock pot

chirsg

I live off jerky for the most part. I've got a good thing going and I'm not really keen to make that all go away.

I'll admit, I have not yet unlocked the fridge as I'm doing a relatively legit playthrough and don't really want to spawn it in, but the interaction with jerky makes it so racks simply won't be worth building in regards of looking to the future. It won't be a good investment to build racks in lieu of just falling back to crockpots at every turn.

I think a concession should be made for dried foods. 

I thought portable fridge would be funny for the cold thermal storage potential, I am not exactly interested on actually storing food in it because it is not as good as the bundling wraps, however I will say it's odd how you can't place non-crockpot stuff in it? I didn't experiment much with it because I just assumed it could hold anything spoilage related and I didn't think of trying thermals, but if what you are saying means that only crockpot food is allowed then that absolutely should be changed.

4 minutes ago, CuteC said:

I thought portable fridge would be funny for the cold thermal storage potential, I am not exactly interested on actually storing food in it because it is not as good as the bundling wraps, however I will say it's odd how you can't place non-crockpot stuff in it? I didn't experiment much with it because I just assumed it could hold anything spoilage related and I didn't think of trying thermals, but if what you are saying means that only crockpot food is allowed then that absolutely should be changed.

I see how bundling wraps can be superior, but the grass tax is something I want to do away with. Every time I get hungry, not only do I have to honor my hunger, but also I'm eating 3 grass. I'm a baby beefalo.

I'm willing to give up grass, but I'd like to keep jerky into the equation because I have an elaborate setup, and my point is that on new worlds, when taking into account jerky, racks might be obsolete. 

29 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I see how bundling wraps can be superior, but the grass tax is something I want to do away with. Every time I get hungry, not only do I have to honor my hunger, but also I'm eating 3 grass. I'm a baby beefalo.

I'm willing to give up grass, but I'd like to keep jerky into the equation because I have an elaborate setup, and my point is that on new worlds, when taking into account jerky, racks might be obsolete. 

I plan to keep most of my crockpot stuff in the new Bearger fridge thingy and my jerky in ice Chester. Not the best solution but it will work somewhat.

Baby beefalo comment was too funny and also true. 

I'd love to do away with bundles for food for the most part as well.

8 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I want to be able to store mokeworms in it specifically.

They belong in hell where they came from >=(

4 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Not the best solution but it will work somewhat.

This is why we have the beta. Alternatives for one specific food source I don't think is a great way to do things. At that point, veggie burgers would totally replace jerky, because why have jerky to begin with if veggie burgers last longer in bearger than carrying around ice chester for a totally different food source? 

27 minutes ago, chirsg said:

This is why we have the beta. Alternatives for one specific food source I don't think is a great way to do things. At that point, veggie burgers would totally replace jerky, because why have jerky to begin with if veggie burgers last longer in bearger than carrying around ice chester for a totally different food source? 

Would be nice if you could add jerky and crockpot dishes to the Bearger fridge but not all other raw foods etc. I'd support this change. Jerky is pretty damn similar to crockpot meals already requiring a structure and time unlike cooking raw foods.

7 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Would be nice if you could add jerky and crockpot dishes to the Bearger fridge but not all other raw foods etc. I'd support this change. Jerky is pretty damn similar to crockpot meals already requiring a structure and time unlike cooking raw foods.

I mean I see no reason not to let every food item inside those fridges, it has less inv, it is way harder to make and is way further into the game.

To be fair, jerky takes way more effort, while meatballs are so easy.

If meatball can go into that thing, jerky should definitely qualify.

Since our chef refused to eat jerky, I feel it has been mistreated by the game as a second class citizen when it

Personally I would like to see any perishable be stored in it, but only crock pot foods get the “super” reduction effect and every other food gets a normal icebox-like effect. It would still mean you want to prefer using crockpot foods for it, but it would mean you would still get use out of it if you don’t prefer to use crockpot foods, such as for storing lightbulbs a bit longer or dried kelp/jerky for trips.

42 minutes ago, goatt said:

To be fair, jerky takes way more effort, while meatballs are so easy.

If meatball can go into that thing, jerky should definitely qualify.

Since our chef refused to eat jerky, I feel it has been mistreated by the game as a second class citizen when it

Yeah I'm always frustrated when I swap to Warly and am reminded he won't eat jerky as it's one of my go to foods. 

It's insanely good if you use enlightened crown a lot and it helps a ton against ink trio paired with brightshade staff. 

Archived