Suggestion for obtaining music disks

It would be cool if you could unlock secret music disk skins permently by doing something specific. E.g, getting pearl to friendship level 10 could award you with a special music disk skin you can use forever in any world. It seems like a cool way to show your progress imo. There could be some really hard ones.

Not saying Klei can't also add some purchasable ones too

This is a great idea and I would love to see some more records added via "side quests" in game. The Gramophone is a pretty iconic item for Don't Starve and now that it's available to decorate with and has a farming function, it would be great to see it get more records... would be really funny if one of them played the DST x CotL Ragtime Cult Remix song.

Some side quest examples might be:

- A record you can only get at the Cawnival Prize Booth... costs 5,000 tickets.
- An Oasis Lake record obtained via crumpled packages... has a 1% chance of spawning.
- A record that only comes from Winter's Feast Trees... has to be decorated in all Boss Adornaments to spawn.
- And Limited Run, Collector Edition records that can only be obtained during the Chinese New Year Events.

1 minute ago, Jakepeng99 said:

You could probably cheese them with commands sadly and ruin the point...

I mean... that's probably what I would do... but if the Chinese New Year ones were limited to only when the event is live, like the WF Chest skin... might help make some records really rare/valuable.

This might be more boring compared to the great quest-like ideas you guys have been coming up with. But if they decide to make future discs weavable I think it'd be great for those who own the official DS soundtrack to get all the discs correlating to the tracks found in it.

And then that'd be a great excuse to properly update the soundtrack with all the modern OST's and bring in more people to buy it, wink wink nudge nudge (PLEASE I WANT THE TRACKS FROM ALL THE TRAILERS)

1 minute ago, lakhnish said:

Does the current purchaseable OST have some tracks from the trailers?

image.thumb.png.e0c496a6c1204470e925969ebe47c8ca.png

Only the ones including and before Wurt's+Hallowed Nights short.  No new ones since then for the new trailers (and Hamlet tracks are still missing but those are dataminable at least)

Archived