Klei should add more Atmosphere, and World building in dst

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

I thought this would be the updates this year. Expanding on what we already have, more interactions between parts of the world etc. but we got something else. Maybe this kind of stuff will happen some other time, but I have been thinking of stuff like that so here's some of the things me and my friends came up with-

-mobs that already have animations for it (no eyed deer, beefalo) could shake themselves off when rain ends.

-biome dependent butterfly colors and shapes.

-birds could bathe in ponds, puddles from melted glacier and full moon dial.

-meat effigies could get skins for all characters.

-wind that could blow knobbly trees' flowers towards the nearest shore.

There are so many things in the game that are unused, but are so great like the rain shaking. Things like sea otters, and those puffer fish, and the puffin fishing animation aswell. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

are unused, but are so great like the rain shaking

I meant that no eyed deer have an animation for breaking off their chains after killing Klaus, which could be easily repurposed, and Beefalo shake off their saddle and that animation can just have some water falling off added.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm pretty sure there are no ready to use animations.

Most content is cut for a reason, but we got the grass gators repurposed for the Waterlogged biome, so maybe someday we'll see some stuff return.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yes I know that in DST Merms are now Vegetarians for Whatever Reason… but in Shipwrecked/Hamlet there actually were Fisherman Merms.

They've been vegetarians since they were added in 2013. Fishermerms in SW do catch fish in a bit of a violent manner, but they don't actually eat those fish, as their diet is set just like regular merms to only eat vegetables and stuff like seeds or honey. We can assume they're catching them as pets, just like regular Merms are implied to.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

18 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

My point is that Monkey Island, an entire area that’s now out at sea (& all of its content that came with it..) came spewing out of a portal that was randomly plopped out into the sea.

Thats very interesting considering that DSTs ocean is vastly empty and filled with mostly SeaStacks, almost as if they’re place holders for where new ocean content will be placed later.

(Such as stuff like Lunar Island, Moon Quay, or Water Logged Biome.)

The current story Arch in addition to having Wagstaff running around doing Whatever Wagstaff is doing (and the repercussions of his actions such as accidentally spawning in Moon Quay) now has Wild Rifts spewing out all over the constant.

Moon Quay was added during an update chain titled “Return of Them” (during which Them never actually returned.. & was apparently there all along?)

The current update chain is titled “From Beyond” and anything and everything can come out those portals.

Do remember that Klei’s roadmap states they plan to dive deeper into both the story and lore surrounding both Wagstaff & Charlie as well as any ramifications there influence on the world (be it intentional.. or accidental) will cause.

WAGSTAFF Created Moon Quay, I mean.. I don’t think I need any further justification beyond that how Klei can add some of the (long requested) things fans have been asking for- such as Frozen Tundra biome, Magma/Volcano Biome, SW/Ham Biomes.

Honestly.. what are people expecting this 3rd “From Beyond” update to ACTUALLY deliver at this point? Because I think that’s information even Klei themselves would like to know ahead of time..

They say “Just trust the process it’ll all make sense in the long haul” but, what if it never does?? What if the third update you’re all apparently expecting to be some Grand Finale that brings everything together ends up feeling Lackluster & not up to what you expected from it?

Im not saying that random Island biomes are going to start dropping into the sea or new creatures are going to start invading the constants already existing biomes changing them up.. But The current content Arch would be an excellent starting point to start doing that if that is the route Klei wanted to go.

I guess people are expecting some huge Shadow Vs Moon War??? But honestly, and more on point with the Ops “Lived Within Biomes” Topic- Having new mobs inhabit the constant or new biomes spit out into the ocean like Moon Quay would make the world feel more lived within.

For example.. let’s say that a Frozen Tundra was dropped into the Ocean close to the Swamp Biome for whatever reason.. we could see Spear fisher Merms wearing warm Arctic clothing and spear fishing for food in Ice Holes.

Yes I know that in DST Merms are now Vegetarians for Whatever Reason… but in Shipwrecked/Hamlet there actually were Fisherman Merms.

I can also make that make sense from a story point of view too… Merms (the ones in DST) are Vegetable eaters and view fish as “Pets” that’s currently Canon, however.. if their climate were to randomly change and become colder, and the veggies they rely upon surviving off of were no longer a food survival option, then they would have no choice but to eat the very same “fishies” they viewed as being “pets” just to ensure they’re own survival of not starving.

Mike none of the development of the game is random, not 'anything' can come from the portals, a portal is not an excuse to justify anything and everything nor putting assets and time into development for whims. There is clearly a trajectory the developers are taking and i feel your way off base with your suggestions on what is LIKELY. You really need to assess likelihoods, just because something can happen doesn't mean it will and we have to make a reasonable assessment on what the chances of it actually happening are.
Maybe one day it will, but it doesn't seem likely right now?

Walls of texts where you reiterate your initial point is not compelling, you're bringing nothing new to what you've already said - You might aswell just say 'Yeah but...' and leave it at that. All the best though, again :D 

• Like 6
  • Ninja 1

I also hope they update the shallow, swell and deep ocean biomes before adding new ones since they feel so empty. The waterlogged did not help fill the ocean since it covers a very small percent of it, same as moon quay, pearl and lunar islands. It is like the ruins and archives in caves, alot of people only care about those and nothing else in the caves, and for valid reason. (The puffin idea mentioned in the most could help alot of the puffin islands are decently common)

I hope they add things like the scrapped porcipuffer, or add mini reefs and algae in the ocean.

• Like 6
  • Big Ups 1

6 hours ago, Creatorofswamps said:

It seems to me that you can add waves that don't push boats, just to make the ocean a little more lively

Yup, i hope the next qol update has stuff to do with reworking biomes ect

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

the qustion was never "can they?", but "why would they?"

To make the world more alive and interesting, but also not always in a non fully cosmetic way that adds new gameplay like some of the examples shown, and the puffin form linked. 

Alot of mobs really just sit there waiting for the player to do something to them.

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 7

I think sometimes devs relise that things needs atmosphere. Some of newer contents indeed is really great in terms of atmosphere, and that makes more visibly painful when something is missing it (like... crows on moon quay. Uh.)

• Like 7
  • Health 1

5 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

To make the world more alive and interesting, but also not always in a non fully cosmetic way that adds new gameplay like some of the examples shown, and the puffin form linked. 

Alot of mobs really just sit there waiting for the player to do something to them.

nah they rather will add luchador skins and crossover 

• Sad Dupe 4

18 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Я всегда думал, что добавление ветвей в савану сделает их намного лучше, поэтому я просто создал несколько деревьев в саване, чтобы посмотреть, как она будет выглядеть на самом деле. Ребята, что вы думаете?

Screenshot_20230910-161416_Discord.thumb.jpg.e169780ca7df6bb4a89361516d2ee9a0.jpg

Screenshot_20230910-161352_Discord.thumb.jpg.7075cbb3d72a885390846ae69e6ec7f3.jpg

If they are made much less often, then yes it will look good

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I always though adding twiggy trees to savanas would make them way better, so i just spawned some in a Savana to see how it would actually look. What do you guys think?

Screenshot_20230910-161416_Discord.thumb.jpg.e169780ca7df6bb4a89361516d2ee9a0.jpg

Screenshot_20230910-161352_Discord.thumb.jpg.7075cbb3d72a885390846ae69e6ec7f3.jpg

Now I'm thinking if Klei could incorporate the alternate resources (Grass Gekkoes, Twiggy Trees, Juicy Berry Bushes) into the existing biomes, rather than having them eradicate their respective resource type for a certain shard.

• Like 2
  • Health 2