Klei should add more Atmosphere, and World building in dst

20 hours ago, bloopah said:

Now I'm thinking if Klei could incorporate the alternate resources (Grass Gekkoes, Twiggy Trees, Juicy Berry Bushes) into the existing biomes, rather than having them eradicate their respective resource type for a certain shard.

I feel like it would work like grass geckos world. In grass gecko worlds, grass tuffs only spawn in savanas instead of anywhere. Grass tuffs spawn in savanas no matter what, so saplings could have a biome like that too. Grass geckos should drop grass tuffs, or maybe instead a grass gecko egg you can hatch to relocate it.

Though in reality, i agree with you more since the "Variety" doesn't really work well when the other option is mostly more tedious and inefficent, though it could be more variety doing it your way since having good access to both lets us use them more.

• Health 2

14 hours ago, Retepeter said:

image_2023-09-11_144914904.png

I'd recommend waiting, actually!

This mod uses A.I upscaling to make the art 'hd', instead of hand-drawing it. Also; a good portion of the existing art it converts is HD already.
Additionally, it tends to over do it, making for bloated file sizes. Below is a comparison, Klei's being on the left and the mods being on the right.
image.png.a20e9e27856ecb9ffc0309cf655dbb49.png

With each update, Klei puts their already existing art into the game, anyhow. We've nearly quadrupled the amount of HD art in the game this last year alone! I really do recommend waiting, or posting about which ever left over LQ art there is, it goes a long way!

• Like 11
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

16 hours ago, -Variant said:

I'd recommend waiting, actually!

This mod uses A.I upscaling to make the art 'hd', instead of hand-drawing it. Also; a good portion of the existing art it converts is HD already.
Additionally, it tends to over do it, making for bloated file sizes. Below is a comparison, Klei's being on the left and the mods being on the right.
image.png.a20e9e27856ecb9ffc0309cf655dbb49.png

With each update, Klei puts their already existing art into the game, anyhow. We've nearly quadrupled the amount of HD art in the game this last year alone! I really do recommend waiting, or posting about which ever left over LQ art there is, it goes a long way!

Not to mention, half of these look more like something that woud appear in Newhome, with all those smoothed-out lines and lack of detail.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 4

On 10/29/2023 at 11:55 PM, hoppin mandrake said:

The world of DST really is so empty and lifeless. There needs to be more setpieces/events/quests/NPCs or something

I'm really looking forward to an update in which the world itself will be updated and work on the missing animations and small details

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I have always been interested in the question of what are the fireislands? Will we see them?

Would be cool to have a molten lava island in the oceans. Red birds could combine together in a secret event to become a phoenix.

• Like 4

On 11/29/2023 at 12:27 AM, Creatorofswamps said:

I have always been interested in the question of what are the fireislands? Will we see them?

Forge or SW volcano maybe. I'd like to see a fire biome with d-fly broods and distant krampus relatives.

Edited by BalkanCockroach
  • Like 2
  • Health 1

4 hours ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Forge or SW volcano maybe. I'd like to see a fire biome with d-fly broods and distant krampus relatives.

By krampus relatives do you mean the slick? I forgot the name but it was a scrapped lava monster thing which combined together to become bigger. It was in the same style of krampus.

22 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

By krampus relatives do you mean the slick? I forgot the name but it was a scrapped lava monster thing which combined together to become bigger. It was in the same style of krampus.

Slipstor was the name. Im thinking more like Klaus. But krampii and Klaus have fur which doesn't make sense in a hot biome. So like a naked slimmer fire related demon kinda thing. They can use the concept silhouettes for early krampus designs there are some good ones.

• Like 1

I keep saying it, and literally no one seems to want to listen, but if Klei would just give me creative freedom to place anything I want WHERE I Want in like I guess you can say sort of like Minecrafts “Creative Mode” And THEN allow me to upload that to a online server for other players to play-

Like I have in the past with games like Tony Hawks Proskater, FarCry & Battleblock Theater..

I would single handedly make it my personal mission to show Klei just how much prettier their game world could be by placing ONLY the games existing mobs, resources etc to fully update outdated areas of the game with a new facelift of content without even actually adding any NEW content to the game.

some simple changes in mob spawns such as for example making it so cookie cutters spawn near shipwreckage found out in the ocean instead of just in salt formations, or the occasional stray sea glider spider outside of the Waterlogged biome..

Sure people on PC using MODS can do it… but Klei just needs to give us ALL an actual creative mode already.

We can already toggle on/off/more/less many features within the game, this just seems like the next big thing the franchise really needs <3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I would single handedly make it my personal mission to show Klei just how much prettier their game world could be by placing ONLY the games existing mobs, resources etc to fully update outdated areas of the game with a new facelift of content without even actually adding any NEW content to the game.

I done that with twiggy trees as sawn earlier and i thought it looked nice. It would work with things like juicy berries too. One thing i like about the heaps of foods mod is the unique foods in each biome. I remember the swamps having turnips, the savanahs having wheat, the oceans having a rare root thing which restored 20 hp when cooked which felt nice to find as a treat.

Also, i wonder what klei's next year roadmap will be? Maybe they will do elements of something similar to this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I done that with twiggy trees as sawn earlier and i thought it looked nice. It would work with things like juicy berries too. One thing i like about the heaps of foods mod is the unique foods in each biome. I remember the swamps having turnips, the savanahs having wheat, the oceans having a rare root thing which restored 20 hp when cooked which felt nice to find as a treat.

Also, i wonder what klei's next year roadmap will be? Maybe they will do elements of something similar to this.

Your thinking too small scale, I mean for example you only need to look at the Midsummers Cawnival Event, we got several types of new trees and decorations in just this event alone.

I could probably build an entire biome exclusively out of that stuff.

And the more and more Klei adds into the game, the more this content could be I guess you can say “Repurposed”  To make some new and beautiful biomes in the game, that doesn’t even add any new content.

These only spawn near their Stage Play set pieces…

BB6AFB8B-4EA8-401D-BBA3-2B7A2E1EF1AE.thumb.png.cf611387d61b141cb85bc36785540033.png

But what if they were placed about in a swamp sized biome & regrew over time?

These are just a few of the things that set of my creative thinking into overdrive.. 

So now I’m going to challenge the DST modding community to actually take this project seriously-

Without adding ANYTHING NEW into your mod, and only using the games existing content- Go out there and Redesign the constant! Show klei your BEST works and let’s get that creative ball rolling.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But what if they were placed about in a swamp sized biome & regrew over time?

free stuff that they drop would've been much more abundant and the game would just become slightly easier since you get sewing kits, backpacks etc. out of nothing     

Edited by grm9

less threatening tree bonus loot (referring to how both trees is SW basicaly try to kill you) would be neat.

On 8/12/2023 at 4:09 PM, Creatorofswamps said:

To be fair, they just caught them, but never ate them

yeah, i think they could act like Hamlet merchants, Wurts could make pet shop pedestals that players can use some currency item to get the fish (along as they are treated as merms [ither being Wurt or using the disguise]) along with fisher merms and the pedestals spawning rarely anywhere enough swamp turf is at. also, fisher merms could prioritize "rarer" fish (mudfish over runty guppies for instance) to be on the pedestals, leaving any extra fish just on the ground.

• Like 2

Biggest part of world building for me was all the set pieces in Don't Starve, especially the teleportato ones. I feel like dst has been lacking with set pieces, as not many have been added in the last few years of updates. I'd love to have more, and not just more skeletons either, but more structures/ destroyed camps ECT.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, EATZYOWAFFLEZ said:

Biggest part of world building for me was all the set pieces in Don't Starve, especially the teleportato ones. I feel like dst has been lacking with set pieces, as not many have been added in the last few years of updates. I'd love to have more, and not just more skeletons either, but more structures/ destroyed camps ECT.

Yeah.

More set pieces and more in depth ecosystems (along the lines of RW, they don't need to be as complex) would be a killer update.

Like have the ocean fish predate on other ocean fish, like if you want a mud fish or a koi, you could use one of the smaller ocean fish as bait

• Like 4

The ocean desperately needs set pieces. It has

0 (The shipwrecks are technically a micro biome since they have their own water type, but they are barely utilised)

7 hours ago, EATZYOWAFFLEZ said:

Existing setpieces should be nore common too. It is so rare that i see a setpiece when playing.

I want to suggest a super cheap and fun way for kids & adults of all ages to show their creativity with DS & DST, which would allow Anyone (myself included) who does not have computer programming or Modding Skills to show Klei how much prettier their game COULD be if they just Redesigned a few things and better implemented them throughout the game.

As a kid I had toys like these:

https://www.thetoystoreonline.com/create-a-scene-construction.html

Basically the TL:DR is that you have a Background, then you have a bunch of Magnet objects you can place around on that Backdrop scenery to bring that scene to live using the magnets you have & your imagination to create a Scene.

I think if Klei were to implement something like that here on the forums then myself & others could easily do some pretty crazy stuff (such as add Petrified Trees + Klauses Fire Gem Deers attack ability + Dragonfly’s Magma Pool Ponds to show Klei what a Magmatic Biome could look like if it was added into the game.)

No computer skills or billions of days spent in game required!

My phone can drag drop, flip, rotate & size scale little Emote Icons, So a Digital version of those Magnetic Scenery Playsets just seems like the Easiest way for players to express their Creativity by being able to place things the game currently isn’t coded to do where you want to put them (such as RockJaw circling a small island with a Palmcone tree on it and a failed survivors skeleton)

What do you guys think?

• Like 2
  • Wavey 1