[Game Update] - Public Testing 567678

• Developer

Changes and Improvements

• All Versions
    • Pokeshells can now drink from the Critter Fountain.
    • Updated Bleach Stone Hopper art.
    • Added tile art for Plastium.
    • Airborne Critter Trap is now located in the "Animal Control" research focus.
    • Added previews of this update’s new skins to the supply locker.
    • Updated all official translations.

Fixes

• All Versions
    • Fixed some artwork in the critter Flux-o-Matic story trait pop up displaying incorrectly.
    • Fixed crash when digging up Frozen Brackene.
    • Fixed visual issue in the Mysterious Hermit story trait pop up.
    • Fixed visual issue in the Hatch falling animation.
    • Fix a bug where logic bridges were complaining if their middle cell was placed on top of a logic gate.
    • Freezing Brackene no longer creates Brackwax.
    • Fixed a Grooming Station related crash.
    • Rovers and critters are no longer launched into the air by meteor collisions.
    • Potential fix for issue causing Space Scanner state to be incorrect on load.
    • Fixed an automation state flicker that could happen to Space Scanners on load if they were detecting something when saved.
    • Fixed UI icons for Critter Trap and Airborne Critter Trap.
    • Added Gassy Moo as a producer to the Brackene database entry.
  • Base Game only
    • Space Scanners should no longer report detecting a Meteor Shower after it has ended.
  • Spaced Out
    • Fix Duplicant hair in the Cryotank 3000 defrost popup when wearing a hat.
    • Fixed meteor shower diagnostic displaying the incorrect time.

View full update

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1

11 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Added previews of this update’s new skins to the supply locker.

Those are gorgeous. I especially like the paintings and wallpaper.

That being said, they are awfully slow to collect. I wonder when it is that we will finally be able to throw money in the devs' general direction and get those skins faster as a reward. I am desperate to fund you more than I already have.

• Like 5
  • Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, gigamoi said:

Those are gorgeous. I especially like the paintings and wallpaper.

That being said, they are awfully slow to collect. I wonder when it is that we will finally be able to throw money in the devs' general direction and get those skins faster as a reward. I am desperate to fund you more than I already have.

I'm in for this also.

I want to pay smaller (reasonable) amounts to get skins, etc. It is my way to appreciate the developers and ensure a continuous development of ONI.

However, the hot question is what amounts are considered "reasonable." With regards to skins, honestly, I would argue for a range of 1 to 5 dollars. 

Small amounts like that make sense for skins and the overall amount would add up significantly if many players do that even only sometimes. 

Aside from that, I am eager to know how the developers envision this supply closet system. It is not yet finished, obviously. 

2 hours ago, gigamoi said:

I'm waiting for that too, but I guess Klei should first implement some unravel mechanics so we could trade duplicates we own for something else.

I'm super eager for both solutions!

19 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

Does the devs get the crash report from the game or we have to do also a report?

I believe they do (otherwise I lost so much time commenting on what happened...) but making a bug report when you know what probably crashed may give more info. If they are totally random and non repeated crashes though.. then I don't know.

• Thanks 1

Everything is beautiful and super.
But why is KLEI still ignoring Coal Generator?
(Automation and filling problems are only filled when automation is active, please add a new checkbox or new automation input)
@JarrettM

Only those who have had to lock the coal generator room door will understand this.

Edited by HagenAizen

41 minutes ago, HagenAizen said:

But why is KLEI still ignoring Coal Generator?
Only those who have had to lock the coal generator room door will understand this.

That reminds me we have coal generator. I have not built any coal generators so long that I almost forget we can burn coal.

Super Sustainable will let you convert to later technology with better generators. ;)

6 hours ago, HagenAizen said:

In this case it's the players' choice how to deal with coal generators and wood burners. Either manually supply or learn how to properly make an automated setup. Ironically enough, the slider included in these generators is often ignored. Then again, who wants to build 9 jumbo batteries for this to actually be useful on a coal generator? (Or 2 for a wood burner...)

Yes, the coal generator is almost a smart battery in disguise when properly set up. A rather wasteful one nonetheless if you consider the jumbo batteries' power runoff - or as I see it: "free" heat generation.

The best way to provide for coal generators is done once the shipping system is researched. Removing the CO2 somehow is good for heat control, but the best side gig of the coal generators is actually heat deletion by using the coal that they consume for that matter. A closed box with insulated tile makes even more sense then - no door in the end.

Setting the generators' slider to 100 and then giving good range of charge with the smart battery allows for the autosweepers to consistently fill coal generators and wood burners.

The "No manual delivery" mod pretty much blasts away many dupe related delivery tasks. This I mention because these generators actually have tasks generate for dupes only when active/enabled by automation. And dupes love to steal tasks from autosweepers...

Anybody that's dealt with kilns knows they go in a sealed box or behind closed doors to keep dupes grubby little hands off. But the building best served by having this option is the automatic dispenser, but I digress...

• Like 1