Jump to content

I believe that the Deadly Brightshade shouldn't harm Wormwood


Recommended Posts

      Wormwood lack of methods to restore health, so Wormwood, who is farming with residual blood at home, is very dangerous when encountering Brightshade.

      And I believe that if the Brightshade, as a plant, would attack Wormwood, it would violate Wormwood's setting, which is very unreasonable and would seriously affect the gaming experience of Wormwood players

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brightshades attacking wormwood just doesn't make sense. Dude, your moon god sent a gem to the constant so a tree guy can spy on the survivors. Why would you hurt your own ally?

It's a shame that none of the characters get direct boost from lunar items despite their lunar connections.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On one hand I can understand why Klei wouldn't want to make one character just straight up immune to an enemy that's supposed to guard good equipment. Not to mention that without brightshades being aggressive, Wormwood wouldn't be able to kill them, without attacking them himself and tanking the thorns at least once that is.

But on the other hand- Wickerbottom is just straight up immune to Grazers.

And on the third, most important, hand, I am really annoyed by Klei handling character perks like: "Wormwood is friends with plants... unless those plants are supposed to be tough enemies", "Wigfrid cannot eat non-meat... unless the dish is really beneficial"

So I propose that:

1) Brightshades have a lower aggro range on Wormwood, similar to clockworks and Wx-78

2) After killing a brightshade Wormwood unlocks a new crafting recipe, similar to how Webber unlocks his by interacting with spiders, for an upgraded bramble husk. It could have more durability, more protection + planar and more damage. Maybe even protect from brightshades' thorns, at a huge cost of durability

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not going to lie- Wormwood getting Immunity to Brightshades would make him more OP then he deserves to be, Brightshades also only attack you when you get close to them.. otherwise they mind their own business.

if you need a single video to show how this would “Break” Wormwood- Here

 

Now imagine being able to stand in a field of Brightshades with no Brightshade gear at all and nullify Wormwoods OWN Craftable uses such as Bramble Husk, and His Tooth Traps.

Theres a good idea.. and then there’s “too good” of an Idea. 

That said I hope some weaker plant mobs get added to the game that actually will synergies well with the plant boi <3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean i don't think OP is asking for flatout immunity rather than the perk that makes hostile plant ignore you UNTILL PROVOKED to work on Brightshades too.

It would not be as overpowerd as some of you make it. For example it could work like Seaweed they do not attack Wormwood but if you hit even one of them all other in the area will mess you up. Same with Brightshades they will ignore Wormwood but if he dares to attack one of them rest will attack too.

This "immunity" will only be beneficial if you want to farm crops in peace during Brightshade infestation.

If you want to get Brightshade stuff you will still have to "struggle" fighting these things like everyone else.

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Not going to lie- Wormwood getting Immunity to Brightshades would make him more OP then he deserves to be, Brightshades also only attack you when you get close to them.. otherwise they mind their own business.

if you need a single video to show how this would “Break” Wormwood- Here

 

IMG_5611.MOV 59.67 MB · 7 downloads  

Now imagine being able to stand in a field of Brightshades with no Brightshade gear at all and nullify Wormwoods OWN Craftable uses such as Bramble Husk, and His Tooth Traps.

Theres a good idea.. and then there’s “too good” of an Idea. 

That said I hope some weaker plant mobs get added to the game that actually will synergies well with the plant boi <3

Can't watch or even download your video for some reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

I mean i don't think OP is asking for flatout immunity rather than the perk that makes hostile plant ignore you UNTILL PROVOKED to work on Brightshades too.

It would not be as overpowerd as some of you make it. For example it could work like Seaweed they do not attack Wormwood but if you hit even one of them all other in the area will mess you up. Same with Brightshades they will ignore Wormwood but if he dares to attack one of them rest will attack too.

This "immunity" will only be beneficial if you want to farm crops in peace during Brightshade infestation.

If you want to get Brightshade stuff you will still have to "struggle" fighting these things like everyone else.

Watch my above video, then instead of running around in circles while wearing armor that protects you from Brightshades, instead picture being wormwood being able to stand in a field of them right next to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Watch my above video, then instead of running around in circles while wearing armor that protects you from Brightshades, instead picture being wormwood being able to stand in a field of them right next to it.

I can't watch it nor download it.

image.png.4c901d18e700818eb5d74b777be095c4.png

Also no it wouldn't really work like that cause once you attacked the Brithshade ONCE it will be hostile to Wormwod and so would all other Brightshades in the vincinity. They would get agressive for attacking that ONE Brightshade.

Just like it works with Seaweed. So you would still have to fight them the same way regardless if they were hostile from start or when attacked first. 

Like i said only thing this would benefit is you not having to worry about brightshade attacks while farming crops during the infestation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

I can't watch it nor download it.

image.png.4c901d18e700818eb5d74b777be095c4.png

Huh, that’s weird.. I wonder if it isn’t viewable because a dev blocked it from being viewable or if it’s no longer viewable because I deleted the source of the clip off my Xbox.. I turned it into a GiF.7EC388DA-4FCD-468E-BAF3-D441F5774A9B.gif.0565b400ba58b2b39d5f240597d91fdf.gif

You don’t attack the plants, you let other mobs attack them while you (as wormwood) could just stand beside them and reap the benefits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You don’t attack the plants, you let other mobs attack them while you (as wormwood) could just stand beside them and reap the benefits.

So "combat' wise nothing really changes with the initial passiveness on or off..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

So "combat' wise nothing really changes with the passiveness on or off..

It kinda does, Wilson has to both be careful of the brightshades and the mobs attacking you, a neutral character would only kite enemies while the brightshades obliterate them. 
In the video it’s only one brightshade so it’s aggro is constantly distracted by the mobs, but if it were more plants they would certainly attack the player and kill them.
On the scenario that Mike states, there could be a dozen of the plants and being neutral to them will allow the player to safely destroy anything the plants can aggro, even bosses.

I’m not sure I’m in favor or against that TBH, wormwood needs more interactions with plants, but it would certainly be a very drastic and powerful change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

It kinda does, Wilson has to both be careful of the brightshades and the mobs attacking you, a neutral character would only kite enemies while the brightshades obliterate them. 
In the video it’s only one brightshade so it’s aggro is constantly distracted by the mobs, but if it were more plants they would certainly attack the player and kill them.
On the scenario that Mike states, there could be a dozen of the plants and being neutral to them will allow the player to safely destroy anything the plants can aggro, even bosses.

I’m not sure I’m in favor or against that TBH, wormwood needs more interactions with plants, but it would certainly be a very drastic and powerful change.

That "being careful" and "kiting" is quite a stretch since by running in circles you will not get harmed at all unless your game like freezes for a moment in middle of running. So no not really nothing would change that would be considered "OP"

Unless you consider farming crops in peace "OP"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, 17838779722 said:

      Wormwood lack of methods to restore health, so Wormwood, who is farming with residual blood at home, is very dangerous when encountering Brightshade.

That's... how downsides work. The game poses a new challenge and you, the player, have to figure out a strategy to deal with it.

1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

That "being careful" and "kiting" is quite a stretch since by running in circles you will not get harmed at all unless your game like freezes for a moment in middle of running. So no not really nothing would change that would be considered "OP"

But the thing is, you are punished HEAVILY by making a small mistake. You cannot let your guard down, even if your guard makes you invincible. If it was meant to not be dangerous, then the game would already just give you the husks for free.

Although, I do think that brightshades should be less aggressive towards Wormwood, just not completely passive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes to smaller aggro range. No to complete neutrality. Due to how Brightshades work, making them neutral would mean that Wormwood would have to attack the Brightshade directly. It's 100 damage + 30 planar damage. And you'll have to do it with every Brightshade. That's a huge toll on a character with healing limitations. It will make him the worst character to farm husks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always thought Wormwood's friend to all plants was too much.

You wouldn't expect hounds to not attack people because we're vertebrates.

Could I believe a character would like hounds, yes

Does that mean the hounds would like them back, no

Not all plants are friends with other plants, not all vertebrates are friends with other vertebrates, often times one is predatory or parasitic to another, friendship not an option

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They dont even need to be friendly, I just want interaction.

You've got a lunar plant character who's been dying to interact with proper plant mobs in the game he was ported to, we now have lunar plants. Theres something you can do there, whether it be boosts to the lunar plant gear while wearing them, or a new unique craft for him specifically, or interaction directly with the bright shade, theres something you can do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 17838779722 said:

      Wormwood lack of methods to restore health, so Wormwood, who is farming with residual blood at home, is very dangerous when encountering Brightshade.

      And I believe that if the Brightshade, as a plant, would attack Wormwood, it would violate Wormwood's setting, which is very unreasonable and would seriously affect the gaming experience of Wormwood players

He can't heal with food but he has plenty of other healing options there's just a fair amount of people just refuse to engage with healing systems that aren't food.

 

5 hours ago, _zwb said:

Brightshades attacking wormwood just doesn't make sense. Dude, your moon god sent a gem to the constant so a tree guy can spy on the survivors. Why would you hurt your own ally?

It's a shame that none of the characters get direct boost from lunar items despite their lunar connections.

Wormwood isn't gesalt powered he's powered by a specific gem that came from the moon so they're not even the same thing just a similar point of origin

I do agree with the idea some others have had in that he should be able to get closer before they attack cosidering even if he's not a friendly he should be able to fool them to a extent with similar reasoning as wx to clockworks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Wormwood isn't gesalt powered he's powered by a specific gem that came from the moon so they're not even the same thing just a similar point of origin

I'm not saying wormwood is gestalt-driven but rather lunar aligned lore wise.

Also Wickerbottom knows about lunar stuff before entering the constant, why isn't she getting any lunar perks? Just a book that has the effect which can be done summoning the celestial champion?

Wouldn't it be nice if those plants stay neutral towards Wormwood and Wickerbottom because they're on the lunar side?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After engaging with the content for a while now, I've seen Wormwood's ability does have a unique interaction with the new plants that could be considered a blessing or curse depending on how it's used. In my Uncomp world, I had spare seeds from mass gardening that would've spoiled if i didn't get rid of them so I filled the world with patches of crops all over. This of course means that I was unintentionally creating bait fields for brightshades to infest all over the place, making them somewhat difficult to track down, but also deterring them somewhat from targeting the home base farm. 

If a Wormwood player knew how to properly bait, they could set up the farm for easier brightshade harvesting as shown by Lahknish below. All other players would need to build approx. 10 garden digamajigs and hoe every seed for the proper bait setup, whereas Wormwood can effectively protect everyone with being able to gather the desired seeds from mass farming as well as planting it straight into the ground, requiring a significantly cheaper solution. 

All that being said, this farm/strat is of player design, not game design. The devs have not intentionally designed something for Wormwood to interact with the new mobs yet and i think he deserves something a little more... explicit. I do like the ideas people suggest of a smaller aggro range, although I have to laugh because of all the parallels WX and Wormwood already share in their kits:

-unique speed boost (acceleration circuit & blooming)

-aoe talking to plants (chorusbox circuit & blooming)

-aoe defense dmg output (shock circuit & bramble husks)

-and potentially, limited aggro range from otherwise deadly mobs (clockworks & brightshades)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, _zwb said:

I'm not saying wormwood is gestalt-driven but rather lunar aligned lore wise.

Also Wickerbottom knows about lunar stuff before entering the constant, why isn't she getting any lunar perks? Just a book that has the effect which can be done summoning the celestial champion?

Wouldn't it be nice if those plants stay neutral towards Wormwood and Wickerbottom because they're on the lunar side?

I mean this same logic could be applied to Wilson as well since he becomes shadow or lunar aligned. The alignment doesn't mean they won't attack you or else nightmare werepig would make zero sense.

As it stands we know something can become aligned by being made that way, by choice, or by corruption and I believe Wormwood's orign is due to his gem being corrupted by lunar energies.

As for the Wickerbottom knowing about something doesn't give you full power over it but I'd argue aside from the book that summons the moon which is already a ridiculous concept her book to make light shine down is also likely lunar related while yea she isn't the only one who can use them she is the only one with the ability to produce books of such power as it's clearly not about just knowing how to use it as Maxwell shouldn't have to rely on Wickerbottom to make it otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

her book to make light shine down is also likely lunar related

According to Maxwell, she took inspiration for it from the codex, so idk. Wickerbottom is already shown to use both types of magic anyway (sleepytime stories, lunar grimoire), so not like it matters much. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...