Houndius vs. Frog Rain

You can wall-in your Houndius Shootius like the examples below:

walled_HS.thumb.png.bdeb41b1412ad352a9dcb79ad0761786.png

I've used double walling because some mobs can bite/hit over when is single layered. To be sure, and also account for Tree Guards, you should likewise place a further 3rd "wall" of Statues/Antlion Boulders. But yes, HS alone doesn't fare well vs mobs or mini-bosses (Ents, Spider Queens), not at all. Protect it adequately and will help you in mentioned situations as well without (much) fault.

13 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

Houndius is probably overdue on a buff tbh, it feels like its balanced around singleplayer HP pools.

The thing about the houndius is it’s exceptional for singleplayer balance to where I think it works surprisingly well in DST. 1000 HP with 12 HP regen per second is nothing to scoff at. A lot of mobs are going to have difficulty breaking through that unless they are in huge hordes or are bosses themselves. I also feel the fact you can now repeatedly summon Deerclops means you can realistically craft and see these if you do a few weaver kills.

The thing that bothers me about it mainly stems from the fact you get nothing when it dies and it’s not relocatable. I still feel you should at least get the horn (and preferably the eye) back if it ever dies, especially if you plan on moving them due to misplacing one by accident.

19 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

The thing about the houndius is it’s exceptional for singleplayer balance to where I think it works surprisingly well in DST. 1000 HP with 12 HP regen per second is nothing to scoff at. A lot of mobs are going to have difficulty breaking through that unless they are in huge hordes or are bosses themselves.

I would like it to do more than just be tanky though, and I don't see why it shouldn't just do some good damage. I feel like you could easily double the attack speed and bump the damage up to 100 or so and have it be pretty reasonable. Considering every craft after the first takes killing 4 bosses I feel like it's OK for it to be dealing way more dps than a catapult.

Archived