My First Rift!

1 minute ago, Szczuku said:

image.thumb.png.2dfa1f8924ac3b1015861f5efcdb19be.png

I'm so excited you guys! I'm sure nothing bad and infuriating will happen

Luckily for you, it could've spawned closer to the bananas but didn't. And since it's stage 3 already you won't have to worry about it breaking stuff.

1 hour ago, bloopah said:

Luckily for you, it could've spawned closer to the bananas but didn't. And since it's stage 3 already you won't have to worry about it breaking stuff.

Ah well then, that's reassuring

image.thumb.png.ea44c1fc227f9635020af097b98c8dc1.png

You mean the objects designed to destroy the area around them destroyed the area around them?

That's a real shame. Wish there was some way we could have tested these features before hand to figure out of this would have been an issue. Ah, I think there's a word for that actually, and it's on the tip of my tongue. Betty? Booty? Batra? Eh I'll figure it out eventually. 

I hate sounding like a broken record, and while not the best fix, I do still feel like spillage would be the best case scenario to keep them being "destructive" in a way that isn't as hair pulling for others. Could just... not uproot up doesn't have a Lunar variant as well.

With that said, I think this update unearthed the sadistic side in me. Until a patch rolls around, I'll try not to thrive on schadenfreude.
Good luck.

Every time I see discussions like this, I’m reminded of this one conversation piece a friend was talking about when they were watching Glermz:

3D79FF6B-28FA-4697-9EF7-130F0E58A78F.thumb.jpeg.f0b795a180118fc7c0bb94841c11b172.jpeg

They did mention they were looking into adjusting rift spawning so I imagine scenarios like this stop being way more frequent, so I’m hoping for that to come soon. Until then, the only solution is to “wall” an area with signs/lightning rods or other non-wall structures to deter them from spawning within a 20 wall unit radius. It’s certainly a bit ugly, but it’s the only way atm (which is why I recommend signs since it’s easy to recover the materials once it’s changed)

57 minutes ago, ADM said:

This is so sad. Can we get a new reaction in the meantime with the same vibe as wavey.gif but for the lunar side ? I think it's gonna be needed around here, I suggest  chmoovin.gif.49d7cd31d5a10aa405e1907f06ee2de5.gif .

Good idea, but I'd give it a border. Currently it would look like this:

image.png.6e2a7a1f514e2f42c06f6f66f304a035.png

Archived