Do DS characters still have a chance to appear in Together?

Warly and Wormwood are already in DST.

We got Wonkey who is a poor man's Wilbur.

Woodlegs and Walani have perks based only on Shipwrecked ocean

Wilba had a good niche as a followers' leader but then we got Wurt.

And Wheeler who I suppose is still a pretty unique.

I’m holding out a tiny glimmer of hope that this is one of the announcements they’ll make for the 10 Year Anniversary Celebration of the Dont Starve Franchise. I would absolutely LOVE to see the rest of the Solo DS Cast ported over into DST as part of that 10 Year Celebration.

But.. I won’t get my hopes up too high.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m holding out a tiny glimmer of hope that this is one of the announcements they’ll make for the 10 Year Anniversary Celebration of the Dont Starve Franchise. I would absolutely LOVE to see the rest of the Solo DS Cast ported over into DST as part of that 10 Year Celebration.

Never played as Woodlegs in single player shipwrecked; if they add him I'd be very excited to see what they'd do with him.

1 hour ago, Ardcrumb said:

Never played as Woodlegs in single player shipwrecked; if they add him I'd be very excited to see what they'd do with him.

He's definitely gonna change if he comes over simply because his mechanics don't fit with current dst that being said I recommend playing the don't starve dlcs they're actually quite good.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Joe also mentioned another crossover a while back. What if it is a crossover with singleplayer for the anniversary? 

I hope the surprises mentioned arent just spools or new skins.

55 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

does that even count as a cross over if it's the same franchise?

that...makes a lot of sense. how could u do dis to me?

my dreams... they are crushed, torn to smithereens

On 4/22/2023 at 1:11 AM, Mike23Ua said:

I hope Klei didn't forget about them. They are part of the story.

On 4/21/2023 at 1:03 PM, maciu67 said:

Warly and Wormwood are already in DST.

We got Wonkey who is a poor man's Wilbur.

Woodlegs and Walani have perks based only on Shipwrecked ocean

Wilba had a good niche as a followers' leader but then we got Wurt.

And Wheeler who I suppose is still a pretty unique.

Don't forget Wigfrid from RoG who was given the inspiration meter and battle songs as part of DST.
Wilbur feels like just a matter of time as they already ported over most of him aside from the model.
Woodlegs and Walani would definitely need to be refreshed to fit the mold of DST's ocean, as its different than SW's at the moment.
Wilba in my opinion is more closer to Webber than Wurt. But she really just needs a few quality of life changes and like one or two extra perks.
Wheeler feels like a no brainer they should have done already as she is simple yet effective.

Maybe Wagstaff has been working with the other survivors from DS Solo while intentionally keeping them isolated from Wilson and the main survivor camp. If so, they will all be ported at once when he becomes a playable character along with a cinematic.

On 4/23/2023 at 10:02 PM, Dextops said:

Are they though?

Well I could agree that they don't have much to say but they still exist.

On 4/24/2023 at 4:59 AM, Ocean Enjoyer said:

Don't forget Wigfrid from RoG who was given the inspiration meter and battle songs as part of DST.

you mean?

Wilbur feels like just a matter of time as they already ported over most of him aside from the model.

I doubt. We have only Wonkey as a substitute.

Wilba in my opinion is more closer to Webber than Wurt. But she really just needs a few quality of life changes and like one or two extra perks.

I mean rather How wilba could look not how she looks. Upgrading pig to solid warriors (like loyal merm guards) was kinda obvious perk for her but all that mechanic was introduced with Wurt. Additionally in solo game she is also a better Woodie and in Together that would happen again. Despite that Wilba is still a character that could offer something new.

Wheeler feels like a no brainer they should have done already as she is simple yet effective.

She for sure has the biggest chance to appear with some new perks (as DST characters are more complex that they solo counterparts) especially when Terrarians needed ranged weapon, she quickly shared with her gun.

6 hours ago, maciu67 said:

you mean?

That Wigfrid is a DLC character like Warly, Wormwood, and Webber for DS that have playable DST counterparts.

I doubt. We have only Wonkey as a substitute.

Maybe that is Klei's intention. Guess we will just have to see if they keep it that way.

I mean rather How wilba could look not how she looks. Upgrading pig to solid warriors (like loyal merm guards) was kinda obvious perk for her but all that mechanic was introduced with Wurt. Additionally in solo game she is also a better Woodie and in Together that would happen again. Despite that Wilba is still a character that could offer something new.

I mean yes, it was introduced with Wurt. But Wurt was designed with design knowledge and experience from how they made Webber and Wilba. And with DST for example Webber was given their own crafting tab, spider care, to help give them more stuff. So like with your example with Woodie, maybe they will throw him a bone by letting Wilba craft a temporary necklace for example and can have an additional benefit to prevent him from transforming because of Wickerbottom's book.

She for sure has the biggest chance to appear with some new perks (as DST characters are more complex that they solo counterparts) especially when Terrarians needed ranged weapon, she quickly shared with her gun.

I honestly don't know what they could give Wheeler. As she is naturally very fast, has a dash that is also invulnerability and on a short cooldown, her navigadget can be used to guide a player to find resources they actually want, and her pew-matic horn lets her fight from afar and still be mobile.

If I worked at Klei (I don’t but if I did..) I would port over the remaining 6 DS characters into DST to celebrate the 10 Year Anniversary of the Dont Starve Franchise, I mean it is not every day that you have a 10 year Anniversary. We won’t get another one for another 10 years lol xD.

I hope they have some really cool announcements & surprises tomorrow. It probably won’t be adding the entire DS cast into DST.. but hopefully it’s something Awesome. (Like finally confirming their working on a PS5 & Series X/S DS Game.) or Announcing a DS 2. Or a new DLC.. I hope im not getting myself over-hyped, usually when a game company celebrates a decade long Anniversary it’s a pretty big ordeal. 

Hey Guys at Klei quickly throw together a Anniversary Animated Short that sings like the Starvers Carol! <3

On 4/22/2023 at 1:23 PM, sudoku said:

Joe also mentioned another crossover a while back. What if it is a crossover with singleplayer for the anniversary? 

I hope the surprises mentioned arent just spools or new skins.

That will be nice! Single-player Don't Starve get an update which is something almost impossible for now. (As mentioned in the mega Don't Starve update post, it will get no major update in near future)

On 4/28/2023 at 12:16 AM, loopuleasa said:

Apart from Wagstaff, don't think so.

I don't think the devs will do a better job porting hamlet or shipwreck as the modding teams did.

It's a lot of effort.

Wormwood and Warly are characters that were ported :p some of them just don't really fit DST to begin with regardless of implementation quality.

I still feel like Walani could fill a neat role as an agile ocean person, given reworks to make her work with the newer ocean mechanics. Updated movement with steering drift and the like, interacting properly with mobs that attack boats directly... Maybe some other stuff.

Regardless of how well one feels certain characters do or do not fit into DST, these kind of topics are always mildly amusing to me because they show Klei that there is a Clear Demand in players wanting the rest of the cast as playables in DST. 1.3K views of this thread doesn’t lie.. & while I was Off on my prediction of them being added to DST for DS’s 10 Year Anniversary, I wouldn’t rule the possibility out until Klei flat out says they’re never happening.. besides, there’s still a DST 10 year anniversary that’s gotta happen someday right? ;) 

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

3K views of this thread doesn’t lie

How exactly is this a metric??????????? People like browsing through every thread and I am one of those people but I do not like the idea of adding ds characters to dst and there is a lot of arguing on the topic of porting them.

7 hours ago, Dextops said:

How exactly is this a metric??????????? People like browsing through every thread and I am one of those people but I do not like the idea of adding ds characters to dst and there is a lot of arguing on the topic of porting them.

Most of people would love to see them.

Archived