Honey harvesting - QoL

Harvesting honey need QoL in my opinion. My grandfather had bee farm (in real life), my father has bee farm. I have large bee farm as well (in game) and harvesting a lot of honey is really annoying. Walking cane + running around. Please consider

What do you think about new item, item like this. You can use it on beebox so bees became calm / don't go outside while harvesting.

KQBc6Ya.png

DST bees are wusses. DS bees (fixed now in the beta) were a menace.

Honey is an almost passive food source which takes 40 days to spoil. And all you have to do is run away. You don’t have to…

1. Worry about spawning tree guards because you chopped evergreens
  2. Worry about spawning muppet tree guards because you chopped dec. trees
  3. Worry about your grass tufts running away (what the ****?) because you were so rude that you transplanted them
  4. Have your ornery beefalo ready because you decided to make fifteen crops and now you have to fight Lord of the Fruitflies
  5. Worry about drowning because you wanted those precious 0.25 fish value morsels (sea weeds) because they might wake up and now four of your pancake boats also sank because you panicked a bit

Honey might be one of the least annoying things in the game.

A portable smoker that can trick mobs out of it's den is nice.
Craft using Stone + gold + logs. 100% fuel
Log can be used to refuel.

Can be used on bee boxes, bee hive, spider nest, bat, monkey, pig house, bunny house, ...

Can be used to cook meat and fish.

39 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

A portable smoker that can trick mobs out of it's den is nice.
Craft using Stone + gold + logs. 100% fuel
Log can be used to refuel.

Can be used on bee boxes, bee hive, spider nest, bat, monkey, pig house, bunny house, ...

Can be used to cook meat and fish.

cooking food on the go would be too strong for something that releases smoke

also think about the weeping willow mains

59 minutes ago, bloopah said:

cooking food on the go would be too strong for something that releases smoke

also think about the weeping willow mains

having latern doesnt weeping willow main. Im not saying you can craft it on the go, it could be craft via blueprint.

And cooking speed also can be slowed when using smoker, the point is instead using 2 log + 3 grass to cook 10~20 meat, 1 log can be used to cook 2~4 meat.

11 hours ago, noindyfikator said:

that's a solution but it's not nice to set beehives on fire

...this is a game where committing literal genocide of an entire species is an everyday occurrence. I think most people pass "nice" in about 100 hours of playtime.

I just want naturally spawning Beehives that are Destroyed (and Swamp Tentacles) to Respawn in their biomes after some time (like Catcoon Dens now do)

I would actually use tentacle spikes as a weapon more often if I didn’t have to Use Wickerbottom just to spawn new ones.

By the way this is a dumb question but when harvesting honey.. Do you Use the Beekeepers Hats?

Archived