[Game Update] - 545481

1 hour ago, Wonz said:

What's the function of the new turf?

The turf was originally introduced in DS for a solid black turf to use in turf map art. DST never really had a good turf for outlines (the best you could get was scaled, and even that wasn’t super good). I imagine it was kinda brought over for that purpose, and otherwise is just another decorative turf to use.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dzzydzzy said:

(it now has magenta sparks)

The sparks were always there, I still have the files from before the update.
The update was supposed to improve the inventory icon with shine, it seems. But I think it was left out.

• Like 1

@V2C Hello, I have some sugestions to consider about this new beta:
- Guys, idk what comes next, but, for now i truly don't see the point of 3 Pure Horros for 2 Nightmare Fuels. If we have in this Beta or in a near future update a truly good source of Pure Horror, i can understand. But for now. I really, really don't get it.

- Also about this, even breaking the nightmare pillars, i truly don't think that this improved nightarmor (dreadstone armor 95% / 1260HP) or this alternative new thulecite crowns, without the 4s force field (90% / 840 HP) would be something to looking for in the current state. We have so much work to get just a few dreadstones and pure horror that even with green amulet I don't see the point, it's still expensive. My point is: We need a pickaxe to start the process, so we can just craft thulecite crowns or thulecite armor in the ruins. Even with Wanda or Maxwell that could use nicelly this armors, nightarmor still brings so much mobility in terms of number of slots to keep materials to make more (1 for Nightmarefuel and 1 for Papyrus), and is so easy to get. So, truly, it's not worth it to bother in get this new armor with just more durability. I think some new perks would be nice to make this really unic :love_heart:

- The Nitre > Gold transmutation could be in both sides. Even if it costs 1 Gold for 2 Nitre. In late game we have so much gold or potential gold through wires, that would be nice to spend in this resource, that we don't have any automatic large farms. Its a simple adition, new players would not use, but truly increases Megabasing QOL and beefalo maintenance. (About the beefalos, Ocean Salt for a improved Salt Lick with a 70 days duration would be a even better addition);

- About the 3 marble for 1 moon rocks, i think could be a little less, maybe 2 for 1, max. For a normal use of ""most"" people, like upgrading the portal and a few characters changes don't need that amount of moon rocks and for sure would keep the marble for armor or other uses. In the other hand, for Megabasing a more attactive proportion would be nice to consider another option besides Moon Stone Farms;

- Would be nice to consider the priority of the "new" DST turf. It could be in this marked position, just below the wooden turf and all carpets and marble turfs.
With this dark tones, would be nice to use the Beard Turf as a suport turf. Really think would be a nice change.
image.thumb.png.a2ebabd18c679072b00b95c9da72b1c6.png

Thank you again guys, for all the attention. Hope our game goes even further this year! :love_heart:

Edited by Thalz
  • Like 24
  • Health 2
  • Big Ups 1

10 hours ago, Thalz said:

@V2C Hello, I have some sugestions to consider about this new beta:
- Guys, idk what comes next, but, for now i truly don't see the point of 3 Pure Horros for 2 Nightmare Fuels. If we have in this Beta or in a near future update a truly good source of Pure Horror, i can understand. But for now. I really, really don't get it.

- Also about this, even breaking the nightmare pillars, i truly don't think that this improved nightarmor (dreadstone armor 95% / 1260HP) or this alternative new thulecite crowns, without the 4s force field (90% / 840 HP) would be something to looking for in the current state. We have so much work to get just a few dreadstones and pure horror that even with green amulet I don't see the point, it's still expensive. My point is: We need a pickaxe to start the process, so we can just craft thulecite crowns or thulecite armor in the ruins. Even with Wanda or Maxwell that could use nicelly this armors, nightarmor still brings so much mobility in terms of number of slots to keep materials to make more (1 for Nightmarefuel and 1 for Papyrus), and is so easy to get. So, truly, it's not worth it to bother in get this new armor with just more durability. I think some new perks would be nice to make this really unic :love_heart:

- The Nitre > Gold transmutation could be in both sides. Even if it costs 1 Gold for 2 Nitre. In late game we have so much gold or potential gold through wires, that would be nice to spend in this resource, that we don't have any automatic large farms. Its a simple adition, new players would not use, but truly increases Megabasing QOL and beefalo maintenance. (About the beefalos, Ocean Salt for a improved Salt Lick with a 70 days duration would be a even better addition);

- About the 3 marble for 1 moon rocks, i think could be a little less, maybe 2 for 1, max. For a normal use of ""most"" people, like upgrading the portal and a few characters changes don't need that amount of moon rocks and for sure would keep the marble for armor or other uses. In the other hand, for Megabasing a more attactive proportion would be nice to consider another option besides Moon Stone Farms;

- Would be nice to consider the priority of the "new" DST turf. It could be in this marked position, just below the wooden turf and all carpets and marble turfs.
With this dark tones, would be nice to use the Beard Turf as a suport turf. Really think would be a nice change.
image.thumb.png.a2ebabd18c679072b00b95c9da72b1c6.png

Thank you again guys, for all the attention. Hope our game goes even further this year! :love_heart:

very good points indeed, this new armor in the end dosent pack "anything new" in my eyes it is Cool and i loved it, but the alternative is better and easier in almost any way to craft and in usage ( probably you have some argument for the torso for not draining sanity "when you get hit")  but still need some minor tweaks or some way to facilitate their aquirement

the nitre addition is one that i am a Fan of, that would facilitate salt for beefalo production, (we could even get an improved salt lick made of true salt from the ocean too "hint hint :D" great idea thalz) 

and on the turf side my opniton would be an way to select the turf you want in the top, and the turf in the bottom, if is an turf type that overlaps the other  i would appreciate if possible

Edited by edulopes
added "when you get hit"
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

Algumas idéias para adicionar:
Alquimia - fragmentos de ossos para fósseis, ouro para nitre

Eu ainda acho que o chefe werepig precisa de mais drops e uma maneira diferente de começar a luta em vez da picareta/machado, para valer a pena caçar.

Good sugestion, it would be very interesting to be able to craft fossils 

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

new armor is very expensive so why not add repairability like bone armor or mask of cthulhu? And from 6 colored stones, make one new dreadstone that will be used for repairs.

Iridescent Gem is quite easy to get using a Destruction Staff and a Lunar Staff, and there are almost no places where this gem is needed, it seems to me that crafting from all 6 gems should give a more needed resource

Also, I agree with the opinion that you need to craft Nitre, you can get mountains of gold quite easily, and Nitre, which becomes more and more useful with each update, is very lacking, for example, for 2 gold you can get 3 Nitre

Edited by GodIess
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, GodIess said:

Iridescent Gem is quite easy to get using a Destruction Staff and a Lunar Staff, and there are almost no places where this gem is needed, it seems to me that crafting from all 6 gems should give a more needed resource

It would be interesting more crafts with the iridescent gem

@V2C After defeating the ancient fuel weaver, wilson could unlock an item in the skill tree: knowledge of some items from the Ancient Pseudoscience Station (broken).

I think it would be quite interesting.

this skill tree is giving the game a makeover, thank you very much! :love_heart:

• Like 1

I also have such a proposal, if Wilson improves the torch by giving it the ability to burn longer and brighter, then how does it work only in Wilson's hands? In the possibilities that we can get, I would add the possibility to warm up near the torch, we can throw the torch and get heat a little slower than from the fire, this will make the torch more usable. Or the opportunity to cook food as a Willow lighter

For the unique feature of the beard, I would add a beard drop when it is level 3, it will drop 1 beard once a day. And the better the pumped growth rate, the shorter this time will be