[Beta Update] - 540411

The unfortunate problem with Volcano basing is that the trees, obsidian boulders and charcoal formations can never be destroyed/relocated. They will always indiscriminately respawn on the exact same spot 70 days later.

Because Klei’s/Capy’s renewable resources mechanisms weren’t yet as intuitive as they are now in DST.

And especially obsidian boulders are a pain, because you can’t afford to detonate gunpowder each year and risk the AoE explosion destroying your own builds.

Also the magma piles are a gamble between being able to clear them and having an irreversible fire hazard.

But the volcano does offer top tier protection with eruption control, no puddles, no periodic boss spawning and no hound waves.

On 1/27/2023 at 7:31 PM, DiogoW said:

Changes:

• Resurrecting using a Life Giving Amulet no longer spawns a skeleton (ALL).
  • Bundles can no longer be placed in the Teleportato container (ALL).
  • The pig shop Swinesbury Mineral Exchange now has a more expensive crafting recipe (HAM).

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes Shipwrecked compatible worlds crashing on load (SW).
  • Fixes Living Artifact not improving Wagstaff's eyesight (HAM).
  • Water Beefalos and Beefalos will correctly give up on their target after not hitting them for a while (ALL).
  • Fixes a non-looping Tar Extractor animation (SW, HAM).
  • World jumping will no longer regenerate sub-worlds of other maps (SW, HAM).
    • E.g.: Perform a world jump (using the Teleportato) on Shipwrecked will not regenerate the caves and ruins, only the volcano.

View full update

Is there a chance that when a Switch comes along (if ever) they can add the touch features? It would be really useful and it has already been done on PS Vita and Wii U.

• Like 3

On 1/27/2023 at 7:16 PM, Atsumame said:

It only really concerns thulecite, since the obsidian boulders are programed to respawn afaik. Not many people know about this, probably because the volcano kept regenning and such

Guardian's Horns for Houndius Shootius...

11 minutes ago, sylvia wander o said:

What'll you use them for?

Killing mobs obviously? They're more vulnerable now since DS just lost it's only / first means to make mob-proof walls. (Think of how End Tables, Statues, and Antlion Boulders are used in DST. Before that, there were Burnt Trees from the Pinecone Bug. DS only, had the Pinecone Bug to do that kind of stuff.)

Anyway, the obvious answer is a Warg Farm, with Houndius Shootius as the killing mechanism. A super retro method, but it might survive the purge better than fire mechanics. (Feels bad that I have to censor myself, out of fear that a dev will take more mechanics I love.)

Edited by KCDA

1 hour ago, KCDA said:

Killing mobs obviously? They're more vulnerable now since DS just lost it's only / first means to make mob-proof walls.

This isn't necessarily true since Hamlet introduced new methods of making mob-proof walls for your farms/enclosures. These are the different hedges and decoration structures you can craft in the city planning tab. Moreover, hedges are even better to the burnt tree method since not only can they withstand fire but can be rebuilt easily if they are accidentally destroyed. It is quite unfortunate that these are only found in Hamlet, but they are another excellent option for mob proof walls.

23 minutes ago, Pumking7 said:

This isn't necessarily true since Hamlet introduced new methods of making mob-proof walls for your farms/enclosures. These are the different hedges and decoration structures you can craft in the city planning tab. Moreover, hedges are even better to the burnt tree method since not only can they withstand fire but can be rebuilt easily if they are accidentally destroyed. It is quite unfortunate that these are only found in Hamlet, but they are another excellent option for mob proof walls.

Shhhh! Don't tell the devs about the invincible hedges or all my nitre will have gone to waste.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, aaww1010 said:

By removing the ability to make bundling wraps in adventure mode portals you’re removing major adventure, mode strategies and preparing throughout the challenges making it extremely limited for materials to bring

i didnt know that "carrying more stuff that you need" was a strategy xD

for adventure time is a logical change (bundled broke the intention behind making you choose between few items to jump into another world), for sandbox teleportato limits the ammount of resources you can loot if you only have RoG, with any of the <3€ dlcs this problem doesnt matter neither

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

Adventure Mode was always rather intent with only allowing you to bring only 4 items, they even fixed items in the cursor going with you. If you can just bundle everything for 4 times more space well then there's really no important choice to be made since everything you will ever need can easily be fit into that.

Bundles in DS haven't even existed for that long in the broad picture of things and they don't fit the game. Keeping that cheese out of adventure mode sounds fair to me because the mode is more of a scripted and closed environment and not as open worldly.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 8

oCrapaCreeper Arubarbeefalo

i guess you two have a good point even though still I think people should be able to still have the choice to put bundled things in the portal especially this is been a feature sense 2016 and also by doing this, it does mess with a lot of people that wanted a easier way of beating adventure mode for those who try to speed run the game

I would like to at least suggest if they’re gonna be changing big things in the game if they could at least make it a little less tedious, trying to find Wes making at least a lot less random I had to go through like 20 times through adventure mode

On 1/28/2023 at 6:06 AM, SmashRookie said:

Can you guys fix the "jumping seasons when going into/exiting from caves/ruins/volcanoes" bug on Console editions? It's been around for a really long time but it really sours the experience. Thanks in advance

I agree this season changing is annoying

when you enter caves, ruins, or volcanoes

On 1/27/2023 at 5:45 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

why?

I don’t know either I’m really confused I thought that 2 of these were feature’s because of being in the game for 5 years

On 1/28/2023 at 11:17 PM, oCrapaCreeper said:

Shhhh! Don't tell the devs about the invincible hedges or all my nitre will have gone to waste.

If that’s a glitch wouldn’t it get patched? Like fire farms might 

what I will say if they’re going through all this trouble to change big things, I hope they’ll add the quality life of tall birds from Don’t Starve together making your own tall bird farms like moving nests, or making new tall bird nest by hatching baby tall birds

Edited by aaww1010
Forgot some information

5 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i didnt know that "carrying more stuff that you need" was a strategy xD

for adventure time is a logical change (bundled broke the intention behind making you choose between few items to jump into another world), for sandbox teleportato limits the ammount of resources you can loot if you only have RoG, with any of the <3€ dlcs this problem doesnt matter neither

Ya sorry I’m bad at explaining things

6 hours ago, aaww1010 said:

I think people should be able to still have the choice to put bundled things in the portal especially this is been a feature sense 2016

just to clarify, bundles were added to singleplayer in a QoL update in 2019.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, skile said:

just to clarify, bundles were added to singleplayer in a QoL update in 2019.

Wow your right I mixed up dst and together my bad 

i no other options on the situation other then making it easier for new players or fast runs of the game 

and I like how one person describes it that bundling wraps being put in the portal seemed intentional like you outsmarting Maxwell in his twisted game

i do know the fix doesn’t concern me because I already beat the game on switch and Computer but I worry for my friends that are just getting into the game

Edited by aaww1010
Extra info

Some things I hope get changed or added marble tree beans

move/renewable tall Bird nests 

fix for Systems season randomly changing entering caves volcanoes etc

Fire farms I could take it or leave it there really op

wes rework on finding him took me 20 adventure modes runs

Edited by aaww1010