Do you like other players attacking your shadow creatures?

Do you like other players attacking your shadow creatures?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like other players attacking your shadow creatures?

• Yes
    • No

i liked the change where only below 50% sanity players can attack others creatures for this reason

me and my friend dont use any mob hp mod so sometimes when i want to kill a creature for some sanity he accidentaly deals the last blow giving him the sanity he didnt need

i guess klei reverted it since it must be awful to be a newbie and get attacked while your teammates cannot do anything besides hand you items

3 minutes ago, grahm said:

Well, if you are playing with friends i don't see a problem. You can always talk to them. If they are randoms well, randoms can spoil everything. So it's a bad example.

This complaint definitely applies to pubs exclusively but it's annoying because unlike burning down the base or stealing food, it's seen as being helpful and nice. Unless people collectively agreed to change etiquette surrounding nightmare creatures you'll always have that guy who comes in to """help""" you kill that horror you're """struggling""" with. It's why I liked the sanity change before, it atleast meant if someone did that then it would benefit them if they were low on sanity and then they couldn't directly intervene anymore.

I don't like when someone attacks my shadow creatures because more often than not that player is going to get sanity on kill that I needed. However, I like to have opportunity to attack shadow creatures of others: I just measure damage to not steal kill and sanity from player I'm helping, and/or just distract shadows for other player to kill them one by one.

And since we are here, I hate when someone force-feeds sanity food to me once they see my character performing appropriate animation. It's just a waste of food, especially if I'm going to read books/equip bone helm/go to the ruins/farm nightmare fuel in a moment. Same for hunger-rich food when my character performs "empty stomach" animation. Not much can be done about it, I guess.

1 hour ago, Capybara007 said:

i guess klei reverted it since it must be awful to be a newbie and get attacked while your teammates cannot do anything besides hand you items

But newbies don't get sanity when other players kill their shadow creatures. More shadow creatures will still generate around them.

9 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

klei should make it so when you kill the sanity creature of another player the sanity is redirected to the player that spawned that creature

What about situation when I'm the most insane person in the lobby and I killed those terrorbeak and 4 crawling horrors, 3 of which weren't mine but I had to deal with them regardless?

Kind of indifferent to the issue, but I've seen a lot of instances on pubs where players would have died if other couldn't attack their creatures. Admittingly those players generally die shortly after anyway because they don't raise their sanity and stay in a loop, so maybe it's for the better.

Considering the people I play with normally on Xbox are well to put it nicely: Complete noobs who think they’re playing Minecraft. I can say for certain that when other players think your under attack and they try to “Help” they actually end up making the Situation WORSE because NOW in Addition to needing to deal with the Threats I was already faced with, I now have to make sure this complete noob doesn’t DIE trying to save me, which means.. burning through healing supplies, or more likely revival items, in addition to fighting my own battles.

Also as a Wendy main I legit don’t understand why another player can hit Abigail and then Abby attacks them aggressively outside of PvP.. I’ve had my completely noob friends actually die because they were trying to “save me” from the spooky ghost chasing me.

I think it was actually better if players who were high on sanity could see but not attack or be attacked by your shadows. This prevents noobs from dying..

And anyone with a little more skill could force eat some mushrooms or even just raw monster meat, OR stand near a Pipspook in a Graveyard (if not Wendy) OR continuously jump in and out of a wormhole or “insert other methods here” to lower their sanity to fight sanity monsters.

Playing Wickerbottom and Woodie made me more often than not be running away from nightmares while I was trying to do other things, and was probably vulnerable for some reason.

In multiplayer sometimes I even run towards friends on purpose, so if they notice what’s going on, they can at least get off my neck one terrorbeak to give me a fair window to deal with the other (in wicker’s case, sometimes it’s more than 3).

I like that the option is there, tbh.

Being unable to attack shadows above 50% sanity was a great change. It prevented you from stealing sanity from the person who actually needed it. You could still help by dropping them armor and weapons and they could literally just hold f and be fine. Sad to see it's reverted, now we'll be back to people being insane forever because everyone keeps killing the shadows for them.

Plus, it doesn't really make sense that you can attack them at high sanity. The whole deal with them is that they're imperceptible at high sanity, then get more perceptible and material as your sanity lowers.

If it's crawlers or a crawler and terrorbeak combo, I don't care, but I will appreciate the help when two terrorbeaks are chasing me, doesn't matter if they take the sanity from one of them, even as an experienced player taking on two of them is a nightmare (pun not intended).

30 minutes ago, DelroyBM said:

If it's crawlers or a crawler and terrorbeak combo, I don't care, but I will appreciate the help when two terrorbeaks are chasing me, doesn't matter if they take the sanity from one of them, even as an experienced player taking on two of them is a nightmare (pun not intended).

Wait what? I tuned my game to spawn tons of shadow monsters, I’ve constantly got way more shadows to deal with then I care to have when low sanity, but I also enjoy a challenge so it’s kinda fun to have them. I don’t think being insane in dst should be a feature you actively want to trigger (unless your Willow) so I made it a little more threatening.

Also fun fact: you can now toggle Lightning to happen more frequently, and THAT is hilarious, and Deadly if you don’t have an Eyebrella.. it’s kinda stupid how your almost certainly doomed to die without one little item though… wish if I toggle Lightning to strike that often that Klei would add some new items to the game that helps avoid certain death to constant strikes.

If I can toggle Shadow Creatures and Lightning strikes to be more threatening, why can’t I also have a toggle to make Dragonfly less threatening? 

Example: Lowered Health, Less Larvae spawning at any given time, easier to stun for her scales.

You can also toggle her to be more challenging: higher health, more larvae, harder to stun, enrages more frequently.

I keep saying this, but in a game where we can toggle on/off/more/less of Any given gameplay feature, there should be a lot more focus on that so we can tune the way we play the game to our personal comfort zone.

23 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I can say for certain that when other players think your under attack and they try to “Help” they actually end up making the Situation WORSE because NOW in Addition to needing to deal with the Threats I was already faced with, I now have to make sure this complete noob doesn’t DIE trying to save me, which means..

Yes, it happens all the time.

23 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Playing Wickerbottom and Woodie made me more often than not be running away from nightmares while I was trying to do other things, and was probably vulnerable for some reason.

In multiplayer sometimes I even run towards friends on purpose, so if they notice what’s going on, they can at least get off my neck one terrorbeak to give me a fair window to deal with the other (in wicker’s case, sometimes it’s more than 3).

I like that the option is there, tbh.

Carry weapons and armor to protect yourself. When you run into the crowd, their shadow creatures may also attack you.

21 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

I think owner of sanity creatures should get sanity when they die and not the guy who deals the last blow. 

Better gameplaywise and logically. No more stealing and characters feel better when their stalkers die. 

But other players' shadow creatures will also attack you when you are insane. Then you won't get sanity when you kill their shadow creatures.

my friends have died many times in the past because they are trying to fight something using force atack and suddenly an invisible thing hit them. They try to be sane all the time while im insane most of the time (even more when i pick wortox to help them) so being able to hit shadows of others while sane is a danger to noobs

i think the change made sense. Also you cant hit shadows when your sanity let you see them but not touch them so makes sense to don't be able to hit them with full sanity

1 hour ago, LeafyFly said:

Carry weapons and armor to protect yourself. When you run into the crowd, their shadow creatures may also attack you.

It’s not a matter of not carrying weapons.

It doesn’t matter how well prepared you are there is always a moment when you were fighting too many other things/dealing with other issues that you will be chased by nightmares and are either on low health already, suffering temperature or starving damage (starving damage mostly as woodie) or both.

EG: This time I was dealing with 4 people’s frog rain as woodie, the timer of the moose kept running out and I kept transforming back and rodeo getting all the frogs aggro with successive charges so my teammates would survive. In the end I was freezing from being too wet, had starving damage from transforming and 2 terror beaks were preventing me from stopping the cold and hunger damage, until someone else took away one terror beak off me. I would have died otherwise.

Archived