Suggestion: Give the construction staves/amulets more durability.

What if instead of increasing the uses, what if they adjusted the uses based on the items you craft/deconstruct? I can completely understand why things like ruins gear you can make take off 20% of the construction amulet or deconstruction staff, but not so much items you refine like boards/cut stone or cheap armor/weapons.

I feel it would probably encourage the use of the gear to craft items that isn’t exclusively top tier items, since crafting the amulet/staff is a pretty significant investment and it’s very hard to justify saving 10 logs crafting 5 boards ATM.

43 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

What if instead of increasing the uses, what if they adjusted the uses based on the items you craft/deconstruct? I can completely understand why things like ruins gear you can make take off 20% of the construction amulet or deconstruction staff, but not so much items you refine like boards/cut stone or cheap armor/weapons.

I feel it would probably encourage the use of the gear to craft items that isn’t exclusively top tier items, since crafting the amulet/staff is a pretty significant investment and it’s very hard to justify saving 10 logs crafting 5 boards ATM.

Yeah, you don't really want to use it for any purpose other than duping skins/scales/thulecites, refresh pan flutes or getting enlightened shards.

Now that I think about it, giving some lesser crafts consume less durability to use is a very clever idea. 

2 hours ago, Milordo said:

Don't Starve is in a special need of general balance, especially with gems balance. 

DST is very generous with ruins gems considering that they're renewable. In RoG, ruins didn't reset and the only way to get them after clearing up the ruins is through tumbleweeds (1 in 1000 chance). DST has bosses that drop gems, and sunken chests have pretty decent chances to get yellow or orange gem. Gems and the existing staves and amulets with them are fine in DST but we need more uses for yellow and orange gems. 

I think construction amulet is one of the better ruins crafts

decon staff on the other hand is incredibly niche but costs more, it's mostly just used for decorative items (dfly scales/shroom skin) or renewing pan flutes (which are only used sparingly), meanwhile deconstructing armor/weapons is almost never useful because of the unnecessary % scaling on the materials that you get back

I think buffing the staff to 10 uses would be the more reasonable move, they're so expensive that using them for something like deconstructing a spoiled ham bat to get a fresh one is completely out of the question, but giving them more uses would encourage using them for less important things and also put them more in line with the other staves (ice, fire, explorer and star caller's all have 20 uses, the only other staff with 5 uses is an even more niche item than the green staff but that's a different can of worms)

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

@Milordo what i see we need is more recipes that require gems. Every gem, except green ones which takes longer, stock pile pretty quick because are used in few recipes that last very long or are used on items that can be rechargedd

Exactly. Give more recipes that require gems is a good thing I agree, it was discussed a lot in the years

1 hour ago, maxwell_winters said:

DST is very generous with ruins gems considering that they're renewable. In RoG, ruins didn't reset and the only way to get them after clearing up the ruins is through tumbleweeds (1 in 1000 chance). DST has bosses that drop gems, and sunken chests have pretty decent chances to get yellow or orange gem. Gems and the existing staves and amulets with them are fine in DST but we need more uses for yellow and orange gems. 

This is partially true, on paper. On practise, even that generous bonus is not enough or is too small to compensate to the bad gems balance on the game and I'm talking this from experience.

1 hour ago, Guille6785 said:

I think construction amulet is one of the better ruins crafts

decon staff on the other hand is incredibly niche but costs more, it's mostly just used for decorative items (dfly scales/shroom skin) or renewing pan flutes (which are only used sparingly), meanwhile deconstructing armor/weapons is almost never useful because of the unnecessary % scaling on the materials that you get back

I think buffing the staff to 10 uses would be the more reasonable move, they're so expensive that using them for something like deconstructing a spoiled ham bat to get a fresh one is completely out of the question, but giving them more uses would encourage using them for less important things and also put them more in line with the other staves (ice, fire, explorer and star caller's all have 20 uses, the only other staff with 5 uses is an even more niche item than the green staff but that's a different can of worms)

I approve this but I still like more @Maxil20 idea because even with 10 uses I can see me and all the others still scared of wasting uses of the staff on less important things other than rewening thulecites, mandrakes, ecc...

Archived