Fencing sword been able to rotate walls

During the beta of wickerbottom rework, when the fencing sword was added, there was a bug that allowed to rotate walls. This was incredible since we could get the two views of the wall at the same time, opening tons of posibilitys for new designs of decorations.

Sadly this was a bug and had to be removed before the release. I think it will be nice if this change could be pushed with this qol.

I was also wondering if there Klei forgot about this feature. I think they said they are looking into bringing it back properly. 

This QOL could be the perfect chance for this and it would be one of the best features for base builders in a long time! I hope so much for this to come :concern:

24 minutes ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

an exploit or feature? I haven't seen boat structures around and I thought it isn't possible. What about pinch or tin fishing bin?

Definitely a feature. Structures that would normally interact with the water beneath the boat will instead play a special animation of them not working when on land, like the anchor or pinchin winch just sorta clanking against the ground.

1 hour ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

an exploit or feature? I haven't seen boat structures around and I thought it isn't possible. What about pinch or tin fishing bin?

I’ve been using boat masts as street lights since they were added to the game..

I can’t fight the bosses that better lamps are locked behind but deck Illuminators let me build sort of “Street Lamps” 

Theyre great for putting a flag in your base too (if you have multiple skins for it)

As much as I get they made it only have effect on fence because of the name pun, I think it would be dumb to have different items to rotate only one type of thing.

I believe the fencing sword should be able to rotate ANYTHING which isn't a mob and has different angles to be rotated too, either that or they should remove it and add a new tool which can do that for anything which can be rotated.

Better Game Experience > puns

Archived