Statue suggestions!

Currently as of now, each Maxwell and harp statue is damaged and vine covered.
image.thumb.png.9eee884d3e29fe5f362590cc3cc1582f.png
Whilst I adore the new art, I think it'd be nice to allow for keeping the old ones too!
My suggestion is to allow players to either shave, or burn off the new vines!
Let them apply petals to them to grow the vines back too, maybe.
image.thumb.png.2284f30ecba56bca5aae3012733f2dc4.png
image.thumb.png.779ec254193a2ba66514bd179114ab1f.png

29 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

I like the idea. That Maxwell statue looks goofy as hell with the HD vines though

The Maxwell statue looks strange because the vines have a black outline and the statue doesn't have a black outline. Both the statue and the vines look HD to me.

1 hour ago, DaZoul said:

I like the idea. That Maxwell statue looks goofy as hell with the HD vines though

Both are HD! It's just that the statue is one of the few remaining assets without black outlines, so it clashes. Walls used to have it too.

1 hour ago, GuyNamedChris said:

Might make sense to also have the vines and roses grow back over time, like a persistent weed.

This would also be fun and unique, realistic too!

I also didn't really like that absolutely all the statues were covered in roses and I thought it would be a good idea to leave the possibility of a regular statue spawning without roses. However, I see the lore sense in this. When Maxwell was the ruler, he puted his statues all over the world, when Charlie was on the throne, she wrapped Maxwell's statues in thorny vines, thus showing her hatred for Maxwell

I think it is the time for maxwell things be destroyed in the world, since the queen now is Charlie, but i would like to see it in a different way, like after ancient fuelweaver first death or after celestial champion first death idk, because when we enter in a new world, it is like after the metheus puzzle story right? (That one puzzle where maxwell and wilson build the portal and charlie change it to florid postern. Then, charlie needed some time to make the vines grown in the world (after the fall of the fuelweaver or after the fall of alter, does it make sense?

3 hours ago, Deerclops Mika said:

I also didn't really like that absolutely all the statues were covered in roses and I thought it would be a good idea to leave the possibility of a regular statue spawning without roses. However, I see the lore sense in this.

In the code, the damage to the harp and maxwell statue is called charlie's anger, so yeah, seems like she's pissed at Maxwell.

For the Maxwell statue, I think it should get the black outline. Right now it's kind of jarring to look at it imo.

the maxwell statue with the rose thorns on it just looks so wrong..

also ya definitely should be able to shave these for petals. burning is good too but that could end up burning your entire base so it definitely should be shaveable

Archived