I have about 3000 hours in ONI. There's one thing I don't understand: how do you make the game remember the individual errand priorities for dig and other non-build errands?

To be perfectly clear this has noting to do with the Duplicant Priorities [L], but tasks such as dig [G].

When you order a dig task, you can set the priority that the individual errands will be created at using the priority numbers in the bottom-right:

488453456_Screenshotfrom2022-09-1114-57-09.thumb.png.d68b6a7082ae8e4842ee2d4c67d87bed.png

In the above screenshot, I have set the priority to 6.

Typically, the game then forgets this priority for subsequent orders:
1261773416_Screenshotfrom2022-09-1114-57-20.thumb.png.50e48c4eeef668ae2734240ac63a9e53.png

In the above screenshot, the game has set the priority back to 5, instead of remembering the previous;y set priority 6.

But occasionally the game actually remembers the priority setting and applies it to all future uses of the tool. This is a behavior I consider desirable, as it is quite useful to have a series of errands ordered at a heightened or lowered priority. I also might just always want an errand sub-type to be done at high priority, such as Capture Critter.

For buildings the individual errand priority is instead at the left hand side, and the game seems quite good at remembering it.

76002067_Screenshotfrom2022-09-1115-08-27.png.2cc968529c91997837cf04396795a1c0.png

The game is good at remembering the individual errand priority for buildings, which is set using a different dialog than for other tools.

Usually as a workaround I use the Priority [P] dialog to set the priorities after the errands have been created, since that can mostly be done using hotkeys, and it's also possible to use hotkeys in an unlisted way, if you open the priority dialog, set the priority, then immediately open a tool, the tool priority will inherit from the priority dialog (but not generally be remembered), so a sequence like [P-7-G]" will ultimately select the dig tool at priority 7 (this is not necessary for the mop tool, which is the only tool where the number keys select priority instead of opening a building plan so you can just do [M-7]).

Anyway my question is just if there's a way to make the game reliably remember individual errand priority instead of apparently sporadically, is there method to its madness as to whether it persists or forgets the setting?

That is interesting :p

I didn`t even know that its possible to set dig priorities ( or I forgot again, can`t remember :lol: ). My 50-200 dupes dig everything away in seconds.

-----

Started to play again, last time was half a year ago. I now remember dig priorities :ghost: ! Excavating a second colony...

image.thumb.png.ad520674e0cdb27498e684feb6b3858f.png

12 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

I´ve observed it wont remember it, when you select it with the mouse, but if you press a number key after selecting the task (dig, build, deconstruct...) it remembers it.

When I press a key it opens a plan menu rather than changing the priority, e..g hitting [7] brings up the Refinement buildings menu. For all tools except Mopping, with mopping it does set the priority, but doesn't (generally) remember it.

It remembers if you switch directly from one errand to another- if you order dig at 6 priority, then click directly on deconstruct errand it will maintain the priority. If you turn off all errands, aka right click, the priorities will reset.

Building priority is remembered always, until reload.

My understanding is buildings only have the priority staying the same except for a restart.

I stopped manually setting my buildings to a higher priority and used the priority function instead because I end up building the map with a priority 9 build when everything should be priority 5 and only one building or one set of buildings is set to a higher priority.

Not everyone has a @babba PC that can destroy the world  ┬┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

30 minutes ago, yoakenashi said:

1) Set destruct tool to “Buildings”

There is a mod that does that for you, you will love to be liberated from that chore:

"Deconstruct Only Buildings" https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1992978572

@blakemw I always considered that priority in the corner something completely different from the building priority, like something you do afterwards if needed, but i never gave much thought about it.

On 9/13/2022 at 3:59 PM, cpy said:

Sometimes I feel like dig and build priorities are merely a guideline not a rule. Especially when I need to build stuff in hard order. I just gave up with priorities and build it one by one sadly.

What's wrong to build one by one? I like to take my time on one system at one time. ;)

Archived