Practical rain rituals should require non season-specific ingredient instead of down feathers

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

but if most the playerbase can’t get past winter then maybe just maybe all those people are playing the wrong game?

if you can’t beat half of the bosses then maybe you are just playing the wrong game?

there is nothing wrong with your insight, but i struggle to see your point of the game, when you haven't explored most of the fights. sure, they might not bring anything interesting to you, but it is still content that is a challenge.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

stuff

The message I responded to didn't even mention the book or its recipe. It was a long gripe about the supposed casualization of the game laced with your usual presumptions about what the game is or who it's for.

Do I need to point out the irony of playing a victim and crying gatekeeping when somebody calls you out for gatekeeping?

You can want the things you want without constantly looking down your nose at people who want different things than you.

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Change your season lengths to shortest or random and your complaints about how long it takes to reach a certain season will now all be solved. 

This is just not true at all. The world settings have a lot of good changes you can make but the season options are still awful.

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

you can now, and at any time: Exit your world, change a few settings On/Off and relaunch your world

You can't leave a world and immediately change the season as you described. If you start in autumn and then on day four you think "hm I feel like changing it to winter". Disabling autumn and setting the world to only winter won't solve anything. What will happen is that day four is still autumn and it will be like that until day 21, which is when the world finally changes to perma winter.

When the world generates a season, it makes the season last a certain amount of time and nothing can change that until said season is over. If you could leave the game and change the season manually it would be great,but again it doesn't work that well.

Now this wouldn't be that big of an issue if the season settings let you input a specific number instead of forcing you to decide between two arbitrary numbers. Want a shorter autumn?? We have two options: 5 days(short) and 12 days(very short). A lot of the games problems in terms of pacing and season-lockimg would probably be solved if the player had more control over seasons tbh

I don't really fight CC in the first summer but i've still had people argue with me when i started the moonstorm event before. it is very intrusive and it can take a while to farm everything to summon CC and at times people don't even finish it before going offline or they die to the boss.

So it is understandable that it is time locked to summer but it can leave people unsatisfied with how it was locked as only one pearl's quest is stopping them, if there was more depth here it would be less of an issue. But speedrunners wouldn't like it being time locked no matter how well it is designed as they want to have access to everything as soon as they decide to do it and i don't think there is a need to cater to them so much that everything is available to them in the first season when majority of the playerbase won't ever speedrun.

I am not saying that there shouldn't be changes to make it easier to speedrun but if it impacts other players like moonstorm event or rain rituals book, i don't see a problem with time locking it.

Archived