Topic name has been changed to avoid bigger problems.

Open vote because I think you will be very shy.  

29 members have voted

1. 1. From a totally unfamiliar perspective on the game. Between choosing these 3 characters, which one would compensate more?

• Wortox
    • Wormwood
    • Wanda

Prepare your heart.

From a totally unfamiliar perspective on the game.

Between choosing these 3 characters, which one would compensate more?

Wanda has infinite healing, inverted teleport and potentiated. In addition to a unique experience.

The Wortox's hunger disadvantage mixes with the fact that she can't heal itself with food like Wormwood, but still suffers from eating foods of dubious origin.

In addition to saving a lot of time which can overcome anything.

Don't try to belittle me, I'm entertaining you.

Thanks for reading, keep in mind that this is a lousy translation.

1 minute ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I don't think I get the question of this post entirely. You mean that Wortox and Wormwood if they fused in some way, they would be better than Wanda?

It's more like Wanda is a fusion.

Well on a more serious analysis Wanda has:

• Wolfgang with dark sword DPS, but at the cost of being with lower HP than Maxwell to obtain it. Most of the time you have lower than average HP with wigfrid's+dark sword damage, only cheaper.
  • A short range teleport that does not allow you to go anywhere like Wortox, but its free to compensate.
  • A free health regeneration, as long as you remember to time your health clocks. (This is one of her strongest early game perks). Most characters can get this from killing butterflies though. Wigfrid gets this from killing any stuff.
  • Ranged damage, but tiny range (better than Walter's due to how slow the slingshot is, but much worse than Wickerbottom's ranged potential)
  • No AOE damage.
  • No special minion advantage or disadvantage.
  • No special foodmaking traits, although being able to collect lichen/cactii/eels instantly from anywhere in the world in the late game is a perk itself. Wormwood is still better at this during most of the game due to consistency.
  • No special wood/stone gathering traits

So yeah she has some things of other characters but she's not necessarily better at them.

What puts Wanda above the rest of the cast is, that in the the late game all the food, gathering wood/stone and exploring issues are solved already, so the only things you need to keep using in the late game are fast mobility to move across the map (for which she's the fastest at) and good consistent damage to keep farming bosses, which she also has (with an extra dodge skill which is free, like the cherry on top)

32 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Well on a more serious analysis Wanda has:

• Wolfgang with dark sword DPS, but at the cost of being with lower HP than Maxwell to obtain it. Most of the time you have lower than average HP with wigfrid's+dark sword damage, only cheaper.
  • A short range teleport that does not allow you to go anywhere like Wortox, but its free to compensate.
  • A free health regeneration, as long as you remember to time your health clocks. (This is one of her strongest early game perks). Most characters can get this from killing butterflies though. Wigfrid gets this from killing any stuff.
  • Ranged damage, but tiny range (better than Walter's due to how slow the slingshot is, but much worse than Wickerbottom's ranged potential)
  • No AOE damage.
  • No special minion advantage or disadvantage.
  • No special foodmaking traits, although being able to collect lichen/cactii/eels instantly from anywhere in the world in the late game is a perk itself. Wormwood is still better at this during most of the game due to consistency.
  • No special wood/stone gathering traits

So yeah she has some things of other characters but she's not necessarily better at them.

What puts Wanda above the rest of the cast is, that in the the late game all the food, gathering wood/stone and exploring issues are solved already, so the only things you need to keep using in the late game are fast mobility to move across the map (for which she's the fastest at) and good consistent damage to keep farming bosses, which she also has (with an extra dodge skill which is free, like the cherry on top)

She is not a fusion, she is the sacrifice of many characters to bring her to life.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Wolfgang with dark sword DPS,

The alarming clock swings slower and she only has up to a 75% damage bonus. She caps out at Wolfgang with ham bat DPS. 

A free health regeneration, as long as you remember to time your health clocks

If you are able to use the clocks as an upside instead of a downside you are taking so little damage that other characters would likely be able to heal as much naturally by just eating hunger food like bacon and eggs, honey, or honey ham.

What puts Wanda above the rest of the cast is, that in the the late game

It takes so long for her rift watches to get off the ground with her saving no time over someone else like Wolfgang before then. By the time her watches start actually saving time you've already done everything 30 times and there's nothing left to do.

with an extra dodge skill which is free

with an extra dodge skill which is free

It's useful for things like fighting SCP or escaping from a group but in most situations it's harder to use than the free dodge skill of wasd everyone else has since you need to move to keep the watch charged anyways.

She is a fun character and has some pretty good perks but she isn't this bis pick the forums act like she is. 

29 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

The alarming clock swings slower and she only has up to a 75% damage bonus. She caps out at Wolfgang with ham bat DPS. 

But the alarming deals much higher damage than a dark sword, her DPS as far as I know its the same as wolf with a dark sword, and it is intended to be the same. That's why the slower attack rate.

30 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

If you are able to use the clocks as an upside instead of a downside you are taking so little damage that other characters would likely be able to heal as much naturally by just eating hunger food like bacon and eggs, honey, or honey ham.

During the early game getting an extra health watch is quite easy, which allows you to use your health wastefully (picking cactii with no armor, or tanking stuff)  but only during the early stages of the game before a crock pot, and without having to go out of your way to kill butterflies or spiders.
By the time mass perogies and jellybeans are a thing, her healing is pretty bad, yeah.

35 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

It takes so long for her rift watches to get off the ground with her saving no time over someone else like Wolfgang before then. By the time her watches start actually saving time you've already done everything 30 times and there's nothing left to do.

With some RNG you can be TPing around by the end of the first winter, and it does save a lot of time. The only bad thing is when you play with a lot of other people (they all need canes) or get really bad RNG. But you just need 2 tusks to start optimizing your movement around. 

I think it's Woodie, a rebellious chopper because of mother Wormwood, and a cursed monster because of father Wortox.

58 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

The alarming clock swings slower

I can't find this info. Could you show the source?

43 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

But the alarming deals much higher damage than a dark sword, her DPS as far as I know its the same as wolf with a dark sword, and it is intended to be the same. That's why the slower attack rate.

From my testing the alarming clock has the same dps as a dark sword. It has higher damage per hit because it's intended to not be as weak as a tentacle spike. 

During the early game getting an extra health watch is quite easy, which allows you to use your health wastefully (picking cactii with no armor, or tanking stuff)  but only during the early stages of the game before a crock pot, and without having to go out of your way to kill butterflies or spiders.
By the time mass perogies and jellybeans are a thing, her healing is pretty bad, yeah.

I guess. But being able to pick cacti without armor is such a minor perk I wouldn't even mention it as something she can do. I never remember to include bramble husk's cacti power when listing what Wormwood can do since it's really unimportant.

With some RNG you can be TPing around by the end of the first winter, and it does save a lot of time.

Yeah it saves some time. Now subtract the time it saves with the time you didn't save because you were Wanda for the first 30 days instead of someone else like Wolfgang or Wormwood. Now subtract the time it costs to farm the mactusks more than you need to. Now subtract the time it takes to get all the other materials for all those watches. Now subtract the time you still are not saving because you still are not someone else like Wolfgang or Wormwood. 

Even in a single player setting where you only need one walking cane it takes a long time for the time the rift watch saves to stop being a negative number. 

On 6/11/2022 at 5:09 PM, Cheggf said:

I guess. But being able to pick cacti without armor is such a minor perk I wouldn't even mention it as something she can do. I never remember to include bramble husk's cacti power when listing what Wormwood can do since it's really unimportant.

I think the point wasn’t just that you could pick cacti but rather you could be more wasteful with your health, and cacti was just one example. I think this is a fair point, I’ve personally found it’s nice to not worry about wasting hp in not-life-threatening scenarios such as fighting spiders/beefalo, earlygame hound waves, or in this case, picking cacti. That being said, it’s not like many resources would be spent to get this hp back anyways; usually killing a few butterflies or cooking up a meal is enough.

Archived