Looking for a downside for WX-78

4 minutes ago, Random Guy000 said:

What for then

To help differentiate the character from others. Plus it's nice to have a connection to ds WX-78.

Many different people have different reasons for lowered stats. Even me.

Sorry if my answer isnt great, but its what I personally think.

I think the water downside could be expanded apon though.

4 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

I think the water downside could be expanded apon though.

I think that water downside, alongside with stat nerf, needs to be toned down in favour of unique con that will affect your gameplay as WX in most situations, and not just when its raining

8 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

To help differentiate the character from others.

But... it doesn't? Low stats is a Maxwell(and Wes) perk, if anything it makes him feel less original, even if it isn't as low

I think that since one of the main purpose of the speed circuit is to meke dodging easier, make them lose durability when getting hit would balance them (7-10 hits should break them and consume the charges they were using). You could still use them to move faster on the world, but using them in fights would be more risky. 

I've never played WX-78 for more than 10  days, even in the beta, so I don't know if this is a good nerf. It makes sense for me because  the idle animation for WX is his arm falling from its body, indicating that it's kind  of "fragile". Some circuits should have more durability than others, like the two that give health.

21 minutes ago, Random Guy000 said:

But... it doesn't? Low stats is a Maxwell(and Wes) perk, if anything it makes him feel less original, even if it isn't as low

Just because a character already has low stats doesn't mean that any other character can't have them aswell.

Even though Maxwell and Wes have low stats, thats only two characters out of the whole select screen.

The amount of stats WX has rn isnt really effecting anything either. It's not a big downside like the two mentioned characters above.

WX having 100 stats makes the character start out as a blank slate with slilghty being worse than wilson. Thats what the Circuits are for. To change WX from a blank slate to a unique character that can change benifits and perks during a favourable situation.

Having less stats isnt a big deal at the end of the day. Like some people mentioned, having 150 stats is basically the same as 100 with armor and healing being used. The only real critical point is at around 70.

I find the whole arguments about the lowered stats pretty pointless. Even if it's a "boring way to nerf a character", or "It doesnt effect the character", people wanted lowered stats, and klei gave it.

8 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

WX having 100 stats makes the character start out as a blank slate with slilghty being worse than wilson. Thats what the Circuits are for. To change WX from a blank slate to a unique character that can change benifits and perks during a favourable situation.

Whats a favourable situation for using stat circuits? In any given situation they get outclassed by other circuits, simply because they are either more versatile or fun to use

9 minutes ago, Random Guy000 said:

Whats a favourable situation for using stat circuits? In any given situation they get outclassed by other circuits, simply because they are either more versatile or fun to use

I said circuits, not specifically the stat ones. Yes stat circuits are out classed by some other ones, but that's inevitable.

If you are really good at the game, you really don't need stat circuits. Newer intermediate players however would more likley rely on them. Everyone plays differently. Even if you don't find a use for stat circuits, that doesn't mean someome else wont as well.

The sanity stat circuits can be handy to use sometimes, fighting deerclops with some installed helps you not go insane if you don't want the hassle. Hunger can be used for long voyages where you somehow ran out of food, or stranded somewhere with the lack of food.

There's many options where stat circuits can be used. It depends on the situation, your thinking, and dependency on them. They are not really supposed to replace other circuits, they are more like little boosters of sorts.

WX78 has a downside, and a good and unique one now.. I don’t think you quite realize that it doesn’t just effect when it rains, it’s also going to effect other areas of the game- Such as..

Caves leaks, Ocean waves (some mobs like Gnarwail, Grass Gator & Malbatross cause them) Ice Hounds & Deerclops attacks.

Someone earlier was complaining about dying to rain while fighting the Ancient Guardian- Personally I found that to be hilarious.. because they should’ve been using WX78’s new infinite Moggles circuit, while the head slot is occupied by the rain preventing Eyebrella.

But.. This downside is more than enough downside for WX.. they don’t need 100+ downsides for each circuit that would just get complicated fast.

Yeah, I do think the rain damage we have now is already good enough ... I remember playing WX pre-upgrade and I would (RIGHTFULLY) think their rain damage was a JOKE (which it was), but now you can actually get killed by rain and way faster, which really makes you think twice before equipping yourself for fight and exploring.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Someone earlier was complaining about dying to rain while fighting the Ancient Guardian- Personally I found that to be hilarious.. because they should’ve been using WX78’s new infinite Moggles circuit, while the head slot is occupied by the rain preventing Eyebrella.

Ah yes, the famous day 10 eyebrella, silly me. And how could I forget the fact, that everybody brings body armour to ruins instead of football helmets, right

28 minutes ago, Random Guy000 said:

Ah yes, the famous day 10 eyebrella, silly me. And how could I forget the fact, that everybody brings body armour to ruins instead of football helmets, right

Maybe.. don’t try to rush ruins by day 10 if you don’t have the proper gear for it? Just some advice.

3 hours ago, Random Guy000 said:

Mike is being silky as always but he's not that wrong. It doesn't have to be an eyebrella, normal umbrella + football helmet is enough to reach 100% wetness protection.

So I think it's fine that a character who had an incredibly easy times in ruins might need to prepare a little bit more(basically just 2 silk since you're getting pig skin anyway) now because of his downisde.

9 hours ago, AzumetaPraline said:

Perhaps they could make that snowfalls slowly increase wetness (but never goes over, say, 20, which is above WX's threshold but not enough to make you freeze/go insane) unless you wear a hat?

"Above Wx's threshold" means you're taking 2x the dps of freezing and rapidly losing charge.

Archived