[Proposal] A solution for 100 base stats across the board

The mechanic is simple: Circuit overload

WX-78 Will have 6 apparent slots until they try to equip something that overtakes a 7th (the seventh slot will be red). This will cause all of Wx-78's stats to drop by 50 as some circuits have overtaken the basic functions of their robot body.

This will allow for several approaches.

1. A person will be able to sacrifice their other stats in exchange for specializing in a single stat or more stats overall.

2. A person will be able to sacrifice overall stats in exchange for one more slot for other none stat boosting circuits.

3. A person will be able to play with 6 slots without commiting to an overall net loss of stats.

I believe this will truly make Wx-78 dynamic as a module robot.

-------------------------------------------------- 

Bonus round: Extreme Circuit overload

This will allow Wx-78 to overtake an 8th slot which will be a dark red and continuously flash threateningly. However, it will not be so simple this time as most of their basic functions have been overloaded.

They will have:

1. -100 to all base stats 

2. Rain will be almost lethal. Any amount of wetness will cause Wx-78 to explode (deal them some damage), lose all of their charge instantly, and their body will reject all of the equipped circuits (drop on the floor). 

3. They will receive less stats from all hunger, sanity, and healing restoring effects.

Trying to undertake a 9th slot will cause Wx-78 to undertake sanity, hunger, and health damage and all circuits will be ejected as a form of punishment to greedy players. No functions means a dead Wx-78 so it's impossible.

Bonus round is optional, main idea is the one above it.

I truly like the idea of a simple overload (kind of how you can Overcharm in Hollow Knight).
It should be similarly required to try adding the module several times, with WX-78 informing of possible "SYSTEM.ERR" or something like that, special animation upon Overload and there should also be something like a shot circuit if the overloaded slot were to lose energy, ejecting the overloaded module and losing all energy.

On the other hand I believe messing with 8th or 9th slots is going too far.

16 hours ago, Hornete said:

Aw yeah, overcharming!

I JUST now realized you weren't making a clever play on words to compliment my idea. I spent 2 something hours to come up with this mechanic and it turns out I unknowingly ripped it off Hollow knight.

13 hours ago, Sapientis said:

I truly like the idea of a simple overload (kind of how you can Overcharm in Hollow Knight).
It should be similarly required to try adding the module several times, with WX-78 informing of possible "SYSTEM.ERR" or something like that, special animation upon Overload and there should also be something like a shot circuit if the overloaded slot were to lose energy, ejecting the overloaded module and losing all energy.

On the other hand I believe messing with 8th or 9th slots is going too far.

Yeah 8 slots was just a fun what if. 9 slots are impossible though, their body just rejects them and they take damage.

5 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I JUST now realized you weren't making a clever play on words to compliment my idea. I spent 2 something hours to come up with this mechanic and it turns out I unknowingly ripped it off Hollow knight.

It's alright, overcharmings a fun mechanic in HK, and the Wx rework in general reminds me a lot of HK's charm mechanic, I was thinking about overclocking possibly being a thing for Wx a few days earlier, lol.

4 hours ago, Hornete said:

It's alright, overcharmings a fun mechanic in HK, and the Wx rework in general reminds me a lot of HK's charm mechanic, I was thinking about overclocking possibly being a thing for Wx a few days earlier, lol.

On 4/15/2022 at 6:05 PM, minespatch said:

If he was only three slots, it'd be just like Blasphemous's relic system where you have to pick and choose which relic you need for the area you're in. 6 slots is pretty generous.

Wait...5a5ab3d31d47f_Arielinternalfrustration.png.7c234e5d8c237bccc0568cbd759e9ade.png

Archived