Jump to content

Some tweaking to the circuits and to WX :>


Recommended Posts

Overall, this rework is amazing and makes WX a much more fun character.

It only really needs some number tweaking. If you'd like to see what the circuits do, follow ADM's guide here.

What needs some work:

The Drone Master Circuit

This circuit costs 3 plugs for only the added benefit of giving you 32HP a day AND requires a Jelly Bean.

IMO, if you're able to kill Bee Queen, you don't need this circuit. It's better to just eat the Jellybean itself for the more immediate healing and to just wear the Super Processing Circuit yourself if you really want the +75 sanity. (To be honest, I killed BQ in the first Autumn and I didn't eat the Jellybeans since I could eat gears instead :P).

Suggestion: Instead of HP regen, how about increasing max HP instead? I was thinking some number between 90-120HP (120 b/c that's what Jellybean gives). It'd be better than the Hardy Circuit of 1 slot but not as a good as the Hardy Circuit 2.0 of 2 slots.

The Chorusbox Circuit:

It's main perk of auto-talking to plants is nice, but it's not so nice that it should cost 3 slots. A one-man band is a lot more accessible than this circuit imo as it requires the baritone shell from Pearl's island (at least where it's easily attainable).

Suggestion: It should honestly just cost 1 slot. I think adding a second one should increase the range at which it auto talks to plants too as it'd give another reason to slot 2 other than that extra tune.

The Gastroexpansion Circuit:

My opinion on this one is that I'd have an opinion if I could actually make it :>

The effects are cool, but IMO, the Bearger Fur is not only too late in the game to use, getting multiple Bearger fur can be annoying to farm without dupe strats.

Suggestion: Maybe use Slurper Pelts instead? Or have a weaker version that uses Slurper Pelts.

WX Itself:

I also think WX should have 7 slots instead of 6. There were some combinations I would have liked to have done but instead had to settle for an alternative because it'd would always be one too many slots. It would have opened up these combinations that I would have liked to do:

  • 3 slot plugs + 4 slot plugs
    • I.e. Thermal/Refridgerate Circuit + Moggle/Illumination Circuit (7 total)
  • 3 slot plug + 2 slot plug + 2 slot plug
    • Thermal Plug + Acc 2.0 + Super-Processing Circuit. (It'd always end up being a Thermal Plug + Acc 2.0 + Hardy Circuit 1.0).
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I totally agree. The 7 slots im still iffy about. The rest of the post is 100% agreeable. I think a fuse box upgrade from Wagstaff would be better than just simply adding another slot. 

7 slots would be really nice for more customization. I just think it should be a upgrade you can obtain in later game. Maybe it can be bumped to 8 with wagstaff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nickolai said:

I totally agree. The 7 slots im still iffy about. The rest of the post is 100% agreeable. I think a fuse box upgrade from Wagstaff would be better than just simply adding another slot. 

7 slots would be really nice for more customization. I just think it should be a upgrade you can obtain in later game. Maybe it can be bumped to 8 with wagstaff.

It doesn't have to be 7 slots off the bat; just 7 slots in some manner. Upgradeable fuse box would be cool too to get that extra slot :>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yup. The Dronemaster is a hard one. How to make it good enough that it's worth the jellybean, while not making it overpowered. One idea is make it increase max sanity and health by a generous amount, and increase the regeneration effect of both. And the latter is a numbers game in balancing. But even then, its main appeal is the constant regeneration, which is cool to have in the event of a regular run-in with the local frogs, but is only really useful in a big fight, like bosses, or extended combat, like clearing the ruins for example. Jellybeans work just fine for both, and so do gears (especially in the ruins). This really just makes the Dronemaster quite simply useless. 

So then perhaps the way to go is adding even more smallish perks to the Circuit, but I'm not sure.

 

As for the others, I completely agree, same with the fabled 7th slot.  I don't really care in what shape it comes to us, I'm fine with a simple +1 slot, but an unlockable 7th slot, that can be acquired with, I dunno, ruins + lunar magic or something would also be a really neat little goal for WX players.

Also please make the Optoelectronic Circuit stay off during dusk and full moon I am literally begging

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Also please make the Optoelectronic Circuit stay off during dusk and full moon I am literally begging

I really hope it doesnt. IMO the perma night vision is strong and this bearable inconvenience make it balanced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

 

What needs some work:

The Drone Master Circuit

This circuit costs 3 plugs for only the added benefit of giving you 32HP a day AND requires a Jelly Bean.

IMO, if you're able to kill Bee Queen, you don't need this circuit. It's better to just eat the Jellybean itself for the more immediate healing and to just wear the Super Processing Circuit yourself if you really want the +75 sanity. (To be honest, I killed BQ in the first Autumn and I didn't eat the Jellybeans since I could eat gears instead :P).

Suggestion: Instead of HP regen, how about increasing max HP instead? I was thinking some number between 90-120HP (120 b/c that's what Jellybean gives). It'd be better than the Hardy Circuit of 1 slot but not as a good as the Hardy Circuit 2.0 of 2 slots

I hope you mean keeping the regen and adding the heath as a bonus? The health 2.0 is really easy to obtain so i don’t see a great reason to make a discount version of it.

personally, what id want done with this one, is some minor stat boosts across the board in addition to the regen. Make it a jack of all trades thats cheaper than trying to upgrade them all individually. 
 

also i hope we get a seventh slot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kuroite said:

I really hope it doesnt. IMO the perma night vision is strong and this bearable inconvenience make it balanced.

It can be disabled via the client. That would just mean that people that don't know how will be the ones to suffer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly feel the Dronemaster circuit should either get a whole new use, or get a name/sprite change. Me and my friends were feeling really confused on what it was supposed to do, we were making up theories based around it's name, "Maybe it allows you to make friends with clockworks? Follower perks of some kind in general"

I look at the code, and nope, it's just HP regen haha. Really confusing perk for something called "Dronemaster" and has a crown symbol on it. I guess if you wanna stretch it you could say it's called that because it's allowing them to have control over their innards to where they gain the ability of self-regeneration, but still a bit weird to me, it's the only circuit out of the bunch to me that I wasn't able to intuitively guess it's purpose/perk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, kuroite said:

I really hope it doesnt. IMO the perma night vision is strong and this bearable inconvenience make it balanced.

This is your idea of balance? if night vision was OP, this wouldn't balance it at all!

@lakhnish What do you think of the electrical circuit? I don't see it being useful enough to use for tanking and I think it should be swapped out for electrical damage and you scan angry mosslings, do you agree?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Seero said:

@lakhnish What do you think of the electrical circuit? I don't see it being useful enough to use for tanking and I think it should be swapped out for electrical damage and you scan angry mosslings, do you agree?

It was too far out of the way for me to make, so I don't really have any opinions on it xD

It might have been nice for BQ since I didn't need to have 2 speed modules? She still died anyways though xD

I think having to scan the volt goat is fine since scanning a Mosling would be during Spring only, which I'm not a fan of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think one possible buff to dronemaster could be to keep the small health regen, but add in an additional effect that functions like terraria's beetle armor (the defensive one).

For those who have no idea how that works, it simply gives you damage reduction after not taking damage for some time. So after 3 seconds you would gain 20% reduction, then 40% reduction after 3 more seconds, and so on. The numbers ive given are arbitrary and would definitely need to be balanced differently for dst.

This would play into the circuits name better by having little drones build up around wx as he gains more armor. It would also create a synergy between the electric circuit which a lot of people seem to think is too weak aswell.

Also the increased sanity on dronemaster seems completely arbitrary. Removing it seems justified if the circuit gets a new mechanic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Seero said:

This is your idea of balance? if night vision was OP, this wouldn't balance it at all!

Maybe "balance" wasnt the right word but I mean at least it wouldnt be too convenient.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, lakhnish said:

The Drone Master Circuit

Suggestion: Instead of HP regen, how about increasing max HP instead? I was thinking some number between 90-120HP (120 b/c that's what Jellybean gives). It'd be better than the Hardy Circuit of 1 slot but not as a good as the Hardy Circuit 2.0 of 2 slots.

I think HP regen is a welcomed addition it just needs fine tuning. It should take less pins and give a bit more regeneration with diminishing returns the more circuits you add.
I think the point of this item is passive regeneration for getting hit once and then, much like beefalo's regen but on yourself, instead of quick healing.

2 pins is probably more than enough to be able to top your hp passively with crappy food. Also if you are lucky enough you can probably make 3 of these after Klaus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lakhnish said:

It was too far out of the way for me to make, so I don't really have any opinions on it xD

It might have been nice for BQ since I didn't need to have 2 speed modules? She still died anyways though xD

I think having to scan the volt goat is fine since scanning a Mosling would be during Spring only, which I'm not a fan of.

I disagree, you would need to be hit by all of the grumblebees at least twice if you are using all 3 electrification circuits to kill them, and then they respawn It would be cool if the electrification circuit disabled stunlocking, but even then i'm not sure if that's worth it, just don't run into spleumonkies

at the end that would just be a crutch, finally; 
you are better off just killing her like anyone else would, you can even not use panflute until phase 3-4

So I think the electrical circuit should give WX electrical damage, but it must be scanned by mosling

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, lakhnish said:

WX Itself:

I also think WX should have 7 slots instead of 6.

I think WX should have (or be able to upgrade to) a lot more, like 10 or 12 slots, instead make it very hard to get charges and easy to loose them, like when getting hit or something, so
-  the order of circuits becomes important 
- we feel the upgrading and downgrading
- more circuits will be used
- WX will not be a day one infinite light, instead very stronger later

Anyway I think this is a whole another concept and is not gonna happen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Overall, this rework is amazing and makes WX a much more fun character.

I'll have to disagree here. I think the rework has the potential to be amazing as they figured a nice approach with the modules.

 

But as it is right now, WX has no use compared to other characters. Some characters have more damage, some have minions (more damage), some have unique skills and utilities (warly/wormwood etc). Most characters have at least one special unique thing they can add value with.

 

WX has nothing, his "skills" only replace items that already exist in the game. 

 

The only unique thing about him at the moment is being able to approach clockworks and making him easy and fast to loot ruins with. 

 

The thermal modules could've have had some potential if they took less slots and were more powerful and more AOE (in that other survivors could stick around wx and not have to worry about heat or cold)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think, it would be great to add some more small features to wx besides circuits, like add him to getting a little sanity by killing animals or destroy plants, cause as we know wx hates organics.

Plus, maybe, to make that he also does not get harm from food, but also would not receive benefits from it and can't restore health by typical healing resources. He would heal by eating gears and electrical doodads, it would fit him like a robot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...