Jump to content

Living in The Constant


Living in The Constant  

22 members have voted

  1. 1. Your jobs in the group

  2. 2. Do you think you be good at that jobs

  3. 3. Can you think you can adapt to the Constant environment

  4. 4. Would you survive



Recommended Posts

Realistically most people would die in just a week but would the help of 18 other people make the uncompromising wilderness of The Constant a little bit more compromised?

I think that living in the wild suck, it is so uncomfortable everything smells the same and you feel so dirty, manual labor is harder than it looks, and it is super boring there is nothing to do except work, The Constant is a good vacation destination but not a good place to live, is so dirty and every now and then hound wave shows up, the huge temperature change, I would be fine when it summer since I live in a really hot place but I would probably be freezing in autumn and instantly die in winter, but would probably survive with 18 other people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Waoling said:

I think that living in the wild suck, it is so uncomfortable everything smells the same and you feel so dirty, manual labor is harder than it looks, and it is super boring there is nothing to do except work.

Man you wouldn't like my town jaja.

But yes I guess the constant would be a difficult place to survive even if there were many person (because the majority don't know/trust each other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Survive in some environment with 30cm-up-to~3m arachnids? Ones attacking in groups, taking-on much larger prey? Realistically?! No chance. And that's just the beginning. Don't forget the 3-floors-tall Wendigo-monster coming in winter for your flesh. Fun times..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Survive in some environment with 30cm-up-to~3m arachnids? Ones attacking in groups, taking-on much larger prey? Realistically?! No chance. And that's just the beginning. Don't forget the 3-floors-tall Wendigo-monster coming in winter for your flesh. Fun times..

You got Webber spider isn't a problem, and you could always hide at the base and let the other survivors deal with danger.

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

why 'crying hidden in a burrow until everything ends' isnt include in the choices?

Realistically the survivors would probably drag you out of the burrow and make you do manual labor.

and also you can't die in the Constant and you can always be revived, the survivors aren't monsters they will revive you well some they are monsters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Waoling said:

and also you can't die in the Constant and you can always be revived,

You say that like it's better. Instead of dying once, now I get to feel the pain of death a million times, :-?. I'm surprised Wilson hasn't been broken after his one million deaths.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Waoling said:

You got Webber spider isn't a problem, and you could always hide at the base and let the other survivors deal with danger.

Would you trust a mutant/hybrid spider-monster with the mind of a child? One that eats his "brethren" when hungry or makes them fight to the death & loots their corpses?! What may happen if you and IT end up alone, starving in some remote place? Oh, and on the topic of trustworthiness: all human DS/T survivors have at least one mental illness (pyromania, megalomania, generalized phobias, etc) while the non-human ones... oh well, how about a Hell denizen eating souls? Epitome of reliance, right?! :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Would you trust a mutant/hybrid spider-monster with the mind of a child? One that eats his "brethren" when hungry or makes them fight to the death & loot their corpses?! What may happen if you and IT end up alone, starving in some remote place? Oh, and on the topic of trustworthiness: all human DS/T survivors have at least one mental illness (pyromania, megalomania, generalized phobias, etc) while the non-human ones... oh well, how about a Hell denizen eating souls? Epitome of reliance, right?! :lol:

That fanon Webber the canon Webber is much sweeter and innocent, the newer Character Like Warly, Wormwood, Winona, don't have mental illnesses and I completely trust all of them, well most of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

im pretty sure we had this question? anyways

hunter, scout, gatherer, manager, morale souport, fighter, healer, magican, helper

im helpful

i have to adapt

i have survived 1 night in the real forest once allready, and i was very young at that time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Waoling said:

That fanon Webber the canon Webber is much sweeter and innocent, the newer Character Like Warly, Wormwood, Winona, don't have mental illnesses and I completely trust all of them, well most of them.

I'm fairly sure Warly is a cannibal (Constant's Hannibal Lecter wants your bones). Wormwood, a sentient plant, hmm... (incidentally "Hmmm.." is his quote about Cooked Long Pig, while the other ones, for raw - "Belly stuff" - and Long Pig Jerky - "Chewy" - perhaps are indicating his propensity to eat, given the "right circumstances", his fellow survivors without much remorse, if any); not to forget he "wears" the bones of comrades as armor husks. As for Winona... yeah, she's nice and reliable. Probably till things go rough, at which point I wouldn't be surprised when feeling the cold blunt hit of a screw wrench in the back of my head. Dark, right?! At least that's my take in bleak/grunge/gritty reality vein: being stranded in a Purgatory setting with the likes of Swamp Thing, Carrie (White), T-800 terminator, Dr.Victor Frankenstein, Bane, Wolfman/Werewolf & more. Entertaining mental exercise in original DS's tone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hornete said:

You say that like it's better. Instead of dying once, now I get to feel the pain of death a million times, :-?. I'm surprised Wilson hasn't been broken after his one million deaths.

That's what great about Wilson. He's the protagonist because he's the only one so persistent that no matter how many times he failed (even if failing means painful and miserable death) he could go through all of the Maxwell's challenges. He's not a great survivor, he doesn't have enough noticeable skills (except his fabulous hair) but he's very persistent when it comes to his goals. That doesn't mean he always achieves them, far from that, in the real world he was an egoistic failure who has every characteristic to be a scientist except, well, being smart and stuff.

In other words, Wilson is cool :] 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FourthLess said:

In other words, Wilson is cool :] 

Extremely based, my man created the whole science machine, and the seafaring mechanics, and single handedly dethroned Maxwell through adventure mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Extremely based, my man created the whole science machine, and the seafaring mechanics, and single handedly dethroned Maxwell through adventure mode.

While I'm kind of "grey" about Wilson actually inventing something on his own, the part about machine is kind of doubtful. There's no actual explanation on how those things work and how do survivors know how to make them so we can only guess.

My guess is that constant somehow affects survivor's minds and makes them simply "forget" in Maxwell's case or simply makes them having no idea how to make certain things unless they build some kind of device that survivors know about because constant "throws" the information into their mind like "yeah, I guess I could make that, I don't know how I came up with this idea but sure".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FourthLess said:

While I'm kind of "grey" about Wilson actually inventing something on his own, the part about machine is kind of doubtful. There's no actual explanation on how those things work and how do survivors know how to make them so we can only guess.

My guess is that constant somehow affects survivor's minds and makes them simply "forget" in Maxwell's case or simply makes them having no idea how to make certain things unless they build some kind of device that survivors know about because constant "throws" the information into their mind like "yeah, I guess I could make that, I don't know how I came up with this idea but sure".

Screenshot_20220414-142644_Chrome.jpg.5cc155f5cefe7fc7033a40e7734736f7.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Screenshot_20220414-142644_Chrome.jpg.5cc155f5cefe7fc7033a40e7734736f7.jpg

Yeah, maybe Maxwell made it to make survivors' life even more miserable because the whole constant is a "game" for him :]

Seriously though, I'm glad Klei went with something this absurd and unique instead of just crafting table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IRL I'd suck, because I'm a total out of shape wimp.  I'd kinda _know_ some things, but physical strength is not my...strong suit. (And yes, I did get Wickerbottom as my result in that "What Don't Starve Together Character Would You Be?" quiz from a while back.  I'd LIKE to think it's not just because I'm super-old by internet standards and am also a woman with glasses...)  

Anyway in the GAME, I'd probably do what I normally do:  a little bit of most things.  I tend to play alone, so I forage, gather and explore a lot, picking up anything that seems useful as I come across it, until I run out of inventory space or have a full stack.  I guess out of the jobs listed here, that would be Logger, Miner, Gatherer, Scout, Helper.  I'd also do some crafting and building.  Just don't make me stay at base full-time to be The Dedicated Farmer or The Dedicated Cook--it wouldn't work, I'd just wander off to look for stuff anyway.  _And then give it to you_, so, like, you wouldn't be able to get TOO mad.  :)

...Notorious

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...