Don't Starve Together on Nintendo Switch - Info and FAQs

On 4/16/2022 at 10:23 AM, Allen04 said:

You need a second user account on the Nintendo switch to play with another player on the same switch. If you haven’t done that already, create one. Otherwise I have absolutely no idea how to fix this

Edited by Lurabito

33 minutes ago, hittamm said:

Doubt, average 30 FPS cap is the Nintendo Switch standard.

Original Don't Starve Switch Edition works smoothly in 60fps. I can understand Doom Eternal or Zelda Breath of the wild in 30 FPS, but 2D Don't Starve...

• Developer
1 hour ago, Partyzant2000 said:

When will I be able to link my nintendo account to my steam account?

Very soon. We had an issue with a bug in one of our platform partners' APIs but we've been told that's resolved as of ~1am this morning so we're just doing some cleanup work and testing and hope to launch in the very near future.

2 hours ago, Partyzant2000 said:

Will there be updates as in the PC version? Wolfgang takes advantage of the old food-power connection ...

Switch may lag behind PC a bit, but the updates are coming. Next release should include content up to crafting rework as well as some improvements for input responsiveness and hopefully the toggle for lag compensation. Everything subject to change based on bugs found, etc but that's what's in testing at the moment.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 2

Outside of the major bugs atm, I can think of a few qol things that would be nice. The animation for dropping items is long and obnoxious, cutting it out like in vanilla don’t starve would be nice. The brightness slider in that game could be nice too.

On 4/16/2022 at 10:23 AM, Allen04 said:

I received a similar message when i tried to play the game boy on on the main console of the game's owner profile.

I suppose that his message is shown because the second player Is using a profile that cannot play the game on that console. 

Dora the second player can start the game by himself using that profile?

Can I access my purchased/unlocked skins or items when in portable mode?
Yes you will be able to access your items/skins, as long as you are connected to the internet, and logged into your Nintendo Switch Online membership account while playing in portable mode. 

Playing without an internet connection puts the game into “Offline mode”, where items/skins will not be available.

my kids and i play offline

soooo we are locked out..... that sucks

im guessing the planned skins etc are ALL locked too

this is why i hate and have stopped buying digital

If I have an individual switch online membership (not family) and one copy of Don't starve together. Can I play local coop on my LAN between the two switches on two accounts within the same family account? Or will I need the family membership? (When I launch on the second switch I get an error that I can only play offline because it cannot connect to the Klei server)

9 hours ago, SparkStars said:

How exactly would I aply the discount? I own don't starve on my switch but DST is full price in the Eshop.

Did you just buy it ? i own Don't Starve for my switch around 2 years ago i think. Still get the discount.

18 hours ago, hittamm said:

Did you just buy it ? i own Don't Starve for my switch around 2 years ago i think. Still get the discount.

No I've had it for a little over a year. Idk It won't show up in the eshop discounted at all.

Hey so in the article you mentioned how you can’t get cosmetics/items unless you own a Nintendo Online Membership and I’m fine with that, but since you made it a necessity to have a Nintendo online membership  account to log in you also can’t fill out the plant registration, cookbook, and can’t unlock any of the dlc characters like wormwood or Wanda.Can you please maybe make it so you can log in, but in order to access online games or use cosmetics you need a membership or at least give us the ability to access the things I mentioned offline?

• Developer
2 hours ago, HatlessHeron said:

Can you please maybe make it so you can log in, but in order to access online games or use cosmetics you need a membership or at least give us the ability to access the things I mentioned offline?

We're reviewing the rules now and if we're allowed to, we'll definitely be bringing full skins support to players without nintendo online membership. We have no desire to hold anything back from our players.

• Thanks 2

Regards, Clei.

Since launch, I've already logged 50 hours of Don't Starve Together gameplay on my Nintendo Switch.

Although the experience has been enriching, I would like to comment on a few things that I think should be reviewed and, if considered appropriate, included in the game:

1. Please make the map cover the whole screen. The Nintendo Switch is small and it is very difficult to see the map, when there is an invisible margin that makes the map display 4 or 5 inches.

2. The connection speed with the server, especially Wi-Fi connections, is very poor. This forces me to play on offline servers, to be able to enjoy without problem, but with it I lose a very important function: the gifts. Could you, please, include the option to earn gifts, while playing offline?

3. Is it possible to add a special function to the left stick? With how complex inventory management is, I would consider it very appropriate if it could be included as a function, that when pressing the left stick, the penultimate item that you had equipped is equipped. This would facilitate the process of changing the weapon for the Walking Cane, for example.

4. I follow several Dont Starve YouTube channels and of course I can't help but be interested in new PC updates. Is there any word on how long the Switch version will be delayed?

Thanks in advance for all the work.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 2