I hate the new menu

为了表达我对这个新菜单的反感,我注册了一个论坛帐户。
玩家在玩游戏,游戏应该给我带来快乐和成就感,而不是我需要花费大量时间不断适应游戏的变化。我需要klei给我带来更多新的怪物、新的剧情和新的地图(即使它要花钱),而不是对菜单做出如此巨大的改变,以至于我无法适应。我只知道我买了游戏并推荐了很多朋友购买,而这个新的变化让我很不舒服。
更频繁地参与测试的人更容易接受新功能,即幸存者偏差。克莱伊仓促推出如此重要且变化巨大的特性,无疑是不负责任和狂妄的。
我不想习惯,DST不是新游戏,DST不会让我像熟悉elden ring那样想习惯。

Changes are made for the sake of progress. New crafting menu was necessary as item list grows with each update and old menu simply could not support that. Give it few weeks and you will get used to it as just you did to old menu. 

I don't want to get used to it, DST is not a new game, DST doesn't make me want to get used to it like I am familiar with the elden ring.

DST is not new game - but there are updates several times of the year and things need to be updated as game grows. 

It is undoubtedly irresponsible and arrogant for Clay to rush into such an important and hugely changing feature.

I disagree with this statement. 

I need klei to bring me more new monsters, new plots and new maps (even if it costs money) and not make such huge changes to the menu that I can't fit in.

I am sure they are working on something but I agree, we need more content to enjoy. 

it'a not just whining. stop saying everyone who has an opinion that is different or in your point of view negative is whining. 
this is a major change and it connects to continuation of playing or not so no just forgetting wont help anyone.

4 minutes ago, xEUx said:

it'a not just whining. stop saying everyone who has an opinion that is different or in your point of view negative is whining. 
this is a major change and it connects to continuation of playing or not so no just forgetting wont help anyone.

i would like to call it criticism but i simply cant because of how poorly done the arguments are, directly insulting both the developers and threatening to quit the game... for some reason?

1 hour ago, Capybara007 said:

i would like to call it criticism but i simply cant because of how poorly done the arguments are, directly insulting both the developers and threatening to quit the game... for some reason?

maybe its time to stop ignoring the criticism that has been posted time and time again?

57 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

maybe its time to stop ignoring the criticism that has been posted time and time again?

No, it's time to ignore the critisism, as this new crafting system with the new filter system will stay. People will get used to it (if they didn't already) and Klei won't put any work into programming an alternative for those few people, wo just refuse to get used to it. Sorry, but this is just bringing so much agitation in this forums, so please, just stop it. If you have found a mod for you, bringing the old crafting system or UI back, just use it, but please stop trying to force it on others.

5 hours ago, allmeitysk said:

I am sure they are working on something but I agree, we need more content to enjoy. 

in the road map they said that this year will be dedicated to polish the game (like with this qol update) and finish the refresh so they can move to new content in 2023. Personally, even if i will miss having updates with a lot of new content (they said there will be 3(?) content updates this year)  is better to fix things like how they fixed AG, the dessert googles, finishing the refreshes or changing the menu to prepare it for new content instead of trying to create a new arc with new biomes for years (RoT) while fixing and refreshing the game

1 hour ago, Queron81 said:

No, it's time to ignore the critisism, as this new crafting system with the new filter system will stay. People will get used to it (if they didn't already) and Klei won't put any work into programming an alternative for those few people, wo just refuse to get used to it. Sorry, but this is just bringing so much agitation in this forums, so please, just stop it. If you have found a mod for you, bringing the old crafting system or UI back, just use it, but please stop trying to force it on others.

much like how others just complain about the ones wanting an option and speakin there opinions out, since opinion thats less then the major = bad

1 hour ago, Dr.Medic said:

maybe is time to create constructive feedback instead of people just saying "i dont like it because is garbage i want old menu back braubraubrau" so they can make it better for everyone

nobody ignores contructive criticism, just that people wont disagree if someone, for example, suggest that they should add the ability to pin entire filters because, even if i dont need it, why i would disagree with that person if that improves the experience? but coming to cry and curse or even say overexagerations and lies (as an usual thing lately) like frustrated teenagers doesnt contribute to create a better menu, it will just make the opposite or klei changed wolfgang because some players just said "omg wolf is garbage i quit the game" when they added constructive feedback like gaining mightyness points while working and fighting? 

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

maybe is time to create constructive feedback instead of people just saying "i dont like it because is garbage i want old menu back braubraubrau" so they can make it better for everyone

maybe its time reading the things that have been allready been said? the ones that people like to ignore

47 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

much like how others just complain about the ones wanting an option and speakin there opinions out, since opinion thats less then the major = bad

The game is for some people, not for everyone, lol. Trying to please the whole world is not productive.

The ui could use some tweaks tho.

39 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

The people in support of the menu give reasons why it's an improvement and try to help those who dislike it understand it better. The people who hate it rarely ever say anything other than "It isn't exactly the same as it used to be, therefore it is bad". It has nothing to do with which the majority opinion is, you guys just hate it for no reason. Give constructive feedback if you want people to pay attention to you.

11 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

The people in support of the menu give reasons why it's an improvement and try to help those who dislike it understand it better. The people who hate it rarely ever say anything other than "It isn't exactly the same as it used to be, therefore it is bad". It has nothing to do with which the majority opinion is. Give constructive feedback if you want people to pay attention to you.

This! If someone explains why they think you're wrong, you DON'T respond by saying "Did you even read?" without explaining what they missed, or by claiming that they mean "x" that they didn't even talk about, at least if you are trying to be taken seriously.

The new menu is cluttered and lacks distinct zones of visual focus, which could be accomplished via some tweaks to the new UI elements and their positioning.

Overall, the general design is good; it could just use polish, like anything.

I said the same during the beta; I think people just get tired of...trying to get an actual point across, given that discussions about game design here so easily turn into war-zones and mob bashing that feel better off being avoided.

I know I've lost the patience for dealing with it. So, most of the time, I just stay quiet. Like a lot of people.

Because discussion just isn't productive.

People either like your point out of the gate, or hate your entire existence.

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

The people in support of the menu give reasons why it's an improvement and try to help those who dislike it understand it better. The people who hate it rarely ever say anything other than "It isn't exactly the same as it used to be, therefore it is bad". It has nothing to do with which the majority opinion is, you guys just hate it for no reason. Give constructive feedback if you want people to pay attention to you.

fine, i copy paste the text that has been ignored again

yes, im no fan of this "qol" part at all, and i have giving many of reason on the thread why i dont like it, so just copy paste my stuff here again of why i dont like that thing at all, and alsol realy do think its easy to go whit old ui as well, and allways gettin those strawman arguments against me, wich in the end make no good sense at all, but anyways, now the start of my text i posted

i realy dont like this new craft ui, literaly dont fix what is not broken, cant wait for a mod to remove this stupid thing because klei seems to not want to give us an options, all taht time memorizing where everything is, aswell that now some things are in more then 1 tap can make things not needed complicated, alsol thats way to big of a thing, its like half the screen removed and it alsol seems like i cant move around anymore while gettin to the craft that thing, and in general that new craft thing is way to clungy, and what ever whit some things being able to be now fully prototyped, or station only, like, do you realy need to make turf whenever you go? seems rather realy stupid of an excuse to not be able to have old craft ui too, it litteraly lost its character in a way too, like the color of the icons are gone, and the character crafts are replaced whit there head icon and not a special lookin one, like, why? why do this? and for sure makes me want to have less feeling of fun honestly, like DONT FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN! just dont do random not realy needed changes realy, like, i still miss the point for its existing, and im sure new players have propably a harder time whit this too

sources told me that you cant do actions anymore while that craft ui is open, not like before, wich was something from old times, wich in a way, we are goin backwards again, same whit keep crafting whit douple click and holding, and how i may ask, is that souposed to help new players? to make old ones suffer from what they have memorized? because scrolling is bad? sould everything on your browser now too become a box where everything is cramped in? just so you dont need to use your scroll wheel or clickin on those arrows? realy feels just wrong now aswell whit how you can pin the same item but differend skin at the same time, like, it seems we are truly goin backwards now whit this one

and here are some of those arguments i have been gettin whit my talk

image.thumb.png.e651b5d9ce29b48d00ec3b406cb4d47a.png
image.thumb.png.f9f2ca90f3df69868af320f9410e2a86.png
image.png.cd7ca13a005a48e7de3add59f079a81a.png

bla bla bla, just use this mod to fix something since having options and opinions are a no no
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2784074596

7 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

yes, im no fan of this "qol" part at all, and i have giving many of reason on the thread why i dont like it, so just copy paste my stuff here again of why i dont like that thing at all, and alsol realy do think its easy to go whit old ui as well, and allways gettin those strawman arguments against me, wich in the end make no good sense at all, but anyways, now the start of my text i posted

i realy dont like this new craft ui, literaly dont fix what is not broken, cant wait for a mod to remove this stupid thing because klei seems to not want to give us an options, all taht time memorizing where everything is, aswell that now some things are in more then 1 tap can make things not needed complicated, alsol thats way to big of a thing, its like half the screen removed and it alsol seems like i cant move around anymore while gettin to the craft that thing, and in general that new craft thing is way to clungy, and what ever whit some things being able to be now fully prototyped, or station only, like, do you realy need to make turf whenever you go? seems rather realy stupid of an excuse to not be able to have old craft ui too, it litteraly lost its character in a way too, like the color of the icons are gone, and the character crafts are replaced whit there head icon and not a special lookin one, like, why? why do this? and for sure makes me want to have less feeling of fun honestly, like DONT FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN! just dont do random not realy needed changes realy, like, i still miss the point for its existing, and im sure new players have propably a harder time whit this too

sources told me that you cant do actions anymore while that craft ui is open, not like before, wich was something from old times, wich in a way, we are goin backwards again, same whit keep crafting whit douple click and holding, and how i may ask, is that souposed to help new players? to make old ones suffer from what they have memorized? because scrolling is bad? sould everything on your browser now too become a box where everything is cramped in? just so you dont need to use your scroll wheel or clickin on those arrows? realy feels just wrong now aswell whit how you can pin the same item but differend skin at the same time, like, it seems we are truly goin backwards now whit this one

and here are some of those arguments i have been gettin whit my talk

image.thumb.png.e651b5d9ce29b48d00ec3b406cb4d47a.png
image.thumb.png.f9f2ca90f3df69868af320f9410e2a86.png

bla bla bla, just use this mod to fix something since having options and opinions are a no no
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2784074596

oh, i didnt wanted to think that you were refering to that comment...

1 minute ago, Dr.Medic said:

I'll try to help to make your text easier to understand by creating a quick summary, if you don't mind, because I feel like discussion goes round (tell me if I got something wrong):

- old menu didn't create any problems for me, I don't like new menu because of all extra memorization needed, but I would like to have an option to choose from; [most people stop reading after this part, and criticise only that]

- more than 1 click for a single action is unnecessary complication;

- new menu obscures too much screen space;

- I can't move while trying to craft things; [wasn't this fixed some time after original post came?];

- new menu is "too clungy"; [I'm not sure what this means, could you specify, please?]

- turf and other things being prototypable is unnecessary, and too weak of excuse for switching to new system;

- I don't like design of old menu (art part, not only mechanical), because it's lost it's character;

- question about how all of this is supposed to help new players, especially double click part and inability to move during crafting; [seems like part of this is remnant from times before appropriate hotfix for performing actions with menu open]

- why is scrolling bad? It is used in a lot of things like browser pages, and it proved to be a great tool;

- inconvenience of default-looking thing and skinned thing being considered different items when it comes to pinning them;

- if one decreases size of the menu it becomes inconvenient to even see each particular recipe;

- quick access tab is too small; [Klei stated that they are planning to address this issue]

- old menu was just as good to see what one can craft;

- example of fitting extra tabs in a single line.

[I don't necessarily agree or disagree with everything listed here, just felt like helping a bit.]

1 hour ago, Pig Princess said:

I'll try to help to make your text easier to understand by creating a quick summary, if you don't mind, because I feel like discussion goes round (tell me if I got something wrong):

- old menu didn't create any problems for me, I don't like new menu because of all extra memorization needed, but I would like to have an option to choose from; [most people stop reading after this part, and criticise only that]

- more than 1 click for a single action is unnecessary complication;

- new menu obscures too much screen space;

- I can't move while trying to craft things; [wasn't this fixed some time after original post came?];

- new menu is "too clungy"; [I'm not sure what this means, could you specify, please?]

- turf and other things being prototypable is unnecessary, and too weak of excuse for switching to new system;

- I don't like design of old menu (art part, not only mechanical), because it's lost it's character;

- question about how all of this is supposed to help new players, especially double click part and inability to move during crafting; [seems like part of this is remnant from times before appropriate hotfix for performing actions with menu open]

- why is scrolling bad? It is used in a lot of things like browser pages, and it proved to be a great tool;

- inconvenience of default-looking thing and skinned thing being considered different items when it comes to pinning them;

- if one decreases size of the menu it becomes inconvenient to even see each particular recipe;

- quick access tab is too small; [Klei stated that they are planning to address this issue]

- old menu was just as good to see what one can craft;

- example of fitting extra tabs in a single line.

[I don't necessarily agree or disagree with everything listed here, just felt like helping a bit.]

this is from old, where it was still in beta, and no updates where there, and the glungy thing is, it means that new craft is just too much things in one and the fact that 1 item is like in 5 differend tabs at once, wich cna bring confusion

This image right here always makes me think that they could have literally just made  an addition to the old crafting UI. Which is  a tab you can click that lets you see a duplicate  of the original crafting ui  With the extra spaces to the side.  or like honestly they could have just added another vertical column It would take up less space than what is currently implemented and it could still have the self sorted method of all the filters they had shown with the new one.

like for real the new ui is a case of doing too much to answer a small problem.  We all know K.I.S.S

This also allows for the devs to add new things but doesn't alienate old players while also helping new players.

16 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

all taht time memorizing where everything is

The new menu is literally made to be easily learned, which it accomplishes.

30 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

aswell that now some things are in more then 1 tap can make things not needed complicated

See the answer above. You don't have to play a guessing game with the ui anymore. Bug nets and traps are in tools, bird cages are in food, both umbrellas and rain hat are in rain tab, survival tab's icon doesn't look like a rope, lighting rod, thermal measure and rainometer in their weather and structure tabs, gunpowder in fighting, etc

47 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

alsol thats way to big of a thing, its like half the screen removed

it's that way so you can see all your options at once. it's that simple.

50 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

seems like i cant move around anymore while gettin to the craft that thing,

fixed already

52 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

and what ever whit some things being able to be now fully prototyped, or station only, like, do you realy need to make turf whenever you go?

It's a massive QoL

58 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

because scrolling is bad? sould everything on your browser now too become a box where everything is cramped in? 

Pages usually have way briefer scrolling periods. Not only that, a lot people precraft different things at once. It's really helpful for decorating, too.

Archived