[Game Update] - 500081

• Developer

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where controllers could not navigate to the body or head slots.
  • Fixed an issue where pre-crafted survivor specific items would show up in the crafting menu changing survivors.
  • Fixed a memory leak when creatures knock items out of your inventory.
  • Fixed an issue where the “Do you want to play with a controller” would popup in-game in a non-responsive state.
  • Fixed a crash when rejoining a server with a delayed hound wave.
  • Fixed a rare crash with Beeboxes.
  • Added a fix to prevent the Status Announcements mod from crashing.
  • Added another fix to prevent some mods from crashing on load.
  • Fixed the missing texture on the Loyal Rusted Scythe skin.
  • Fixed the rarity on previous Login Bonus skins from Loyal to Timeless now that the Loyal version is available on the Klei Rewards site.

Note for Modders:

• PlayerHud:IsControllerCraftingOpen() is deprecated.
    • Please switch to using PlayerHud:IsCraftingOpen() or look into the usage of PlayerController:IsEnabled() if you would like to support actions while the crafting menu is open but not while the player is typing in the search box.
  • AddRecipe2’s config parameter should be optional again.

View full update

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4
  • Health 1

16 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Added a fix to prevent the Status Announcements mod from crashing.
  • Added another fix to prevent some mods from crashing on load.

Thank you! no more annoying poop flies sound

Edit: when opening faves tab on the crafting menu game still crashes D:

Edited by Brubs

• Developer
23 minutes ago, OLIMON said:

Just amazing job guys! 

although when I open the crafting menu with the Status Announcements mod enabled, I get this error... any suggestions?

20220324154009_1.jpg

The screenshot is not using this hotfix. Please validate your game files via steam.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guys status announcements won't work until the mod creator or someone else updates it. Even after this hotfix, the game will crash if you open the craft menu due to how the code is written. (HUD.controls.crafttabs.controllercrafting returns nil now) I'm not sure what the new equivalent of this is but I uploaded a partial fix to the workshop that does not crash. However, it also does not work in the new craft UI like it worked in the old one. 

Here's the link, I hope you all are happy with this until I (or someone else) can figure out how to fix it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2784162435

EDIT: rezecib updated status announcements to work perfectly, I will remove this from the workshop now.

Edited by fall211
edit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CaptainChaotica said:

This is all making me REALLY glad I don't happen to be using that particular mod.

Now to boot up the main branch and find out which of the mods I AM using have broken horribly!  :)

...Notorious

In the case of my world Culinary Archipelago, only cherry forest needed an update before the world would load up fine again.

• Like 2

Yeah, I had to update Cherry Forest too, but as long as it IS updated to work with the new build, that's fine.  

My old old  world took scarily, like, RIDONKULOUSLY long to load, BUUUUTTTT...

phewoldworldstillokay.thumb.png.d526d0901fb7c30ded575fb7960762cd.png

....it eventually did.  Phew.

threeshrinessstillfine.thumb.png.45d3618860e279aafddd29ba975a8646.png

Bear in mind, this server was originally made during Hallowed Nights 2019.  It (technically) predates the pandemic.  There's an early screenshot whose filename is a freaking _Team Trees_ reference:

Spoiler

teamtrees.png.f4567bad67f9e8ec824a3c8776eb2d52.png

(because I was planting trees in DST on that same day, haha.  This is the beginning of The Road Trees

willowandtherainforest.thumb.png.5339f5466fccb75eaf5fa25751879a84.png

and they turned out magnificent.  :))

So frankly I EXPECTED to perma-lose this world _long_ ago.  Every time we go through a big update and I _don't_, I'm surprisedly impressed.

Bonus:  Since I didn't want to stop playing my (insane) beta world just yet, I tried copying it over to the main branch.  Did it work?  Drum rolllllll.......

betaworldheretoo.thumb.png.8054620c2153929eddd3f348a1d9caa8.png

...YES!  Second one down--"Beta Boogie-Woogie".  Which is obviously now gonna need a new name.

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 3

Hey,

I'm not sure whether I'm in the right thread, but since it's about the update:

it says that it fixed the issue that you can't navigate to head and body gear with a controller. Maybe its fixed on the PC, but I got the update yesterday on PS4 and I still can't navigate to both gears!

I can equip something else with the right digipad button, but I can't put something in the slot myself or (what is even more important) I can't unequip stuff!

It doesn't work in my old world, I joined a random world and I made a new one. It doesn't work anywhere...

Please let me know if I just don't see an option or doing something wrong! I hope this gets fixed soon on consoles too :).

Thanks,

Life

9 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

snip

Hey Scott, I just experienced the released. I didn't encounter this problem since I didn't open any mod in beta.

However, in the released version, when I use the search function of the new UI, I find that it cannot shield the shortcut key of mod.

For example, I open a client mod: too many items plus. When I enter the letter T of "suit" in the search box of the craft UI, my too many items plus will pop up its UI widget, as well as the B key of Geometric Placement.

May I please ask you to increase the priority of the craft UI to avoid the shortcut keys of mod being triggered at the same time?

5 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Yeah, I had to update Cherry Forest too, but as long as it IS updated to work with the new build, that's fine.  

My old old  world took scarily, like, RIDONKULOUSLY long to load, BUUUUTTTT...

phewoldworldstillokay.thumb.png.d526d0901fb7c30ded575fb7960762cd.png

....it eventually did.  Phew.

threeshrinessstillfine.thumb.png.45d3618860e279aafddd29ba975a8646.png

Bear in mind, this server was originally made during Hallowed Nights 2019.  It (technically) predates the pandemic.  There's an early screenshot whose filename is a freaking _Team Trees_ reference:

Hide contents

teamtrees.png.f4567bad67f9e8ec824a3c8776eb2d52.png

(because I was planting trees in DST on that same day, haha.  This is the beginning of The Road Trees

willowandtherainforest.thumb.png.5339f5466fccb75eaf5fa25751879a84.png

and they turned out magnificent.  :))

So frankly I EXPECTED to perma-lose this world _long_ ago.  Every time we go through a big update and I _don't_, I'm surprisedly impressed.

Bonus:  Since I didn't want to stop playing my (insane) beta world just yet, I tried copying it over to the main branch.  Did it work?  Drum rolllllll.......

betaworldheretoo.thumb.png.8054620c2153929eddd3f348a1d9caa8.png

...YES!  Second one down--"Beta Boogie-Woogie".  Which is obviously now gonna need a new name.

...Notorious

What is the mod to giant trees?

• Like 1

I knew someone was gonna ask about that--it happens a lot (for obvious reasons).  XD  There's two of them:  "Evergreens 2gether" and "Big Birchnuts Together". (There's also singleplayer versions, hence the "together" in both names, to show that this is the multiplayer one.)  One of them makes twiggy trees tall too:

talltwiggies.png.455d2399ef70a8db00175554fb422392.png

though I'm not sure which.  Both are very, VERY old mods that I'm BEYOND amazed still work in 2022.

But so far, they do!  And I'm glad, because they make your forests really look like proper old-growth forests. :)

....Notorious

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2022 at 9:26 AM, LifeIsSenseless said:

Hey,

I'm not sure whether I'm in the right thread, but since it's about the update:

it says that it fixed the issue that you can't navigate to head and body gear with a controller. Maybe its fixed on the PC, but I got the update yesterday on PS4 and I still can't navigate to both gears!

I can equip something else with the right digipad button, but I can't put something in the slot myself or (what is even more important) I can't unequip stuff!

It doesn't work in my old world, I joined a random world and I made a new one. It doesn't work anywhere...

Please let me know if I just don't see an option or doing something wrong! I hope this gets fixed soon on consoles too :).

Thanks,

Life

Hey, 

big thx for the new update! It seems to have fixed the issue and I'm able again to select the Body and Head Slot!

Life