Clean Sweaper crafting recipe should be changed back!

57 minutes ago, Gods fiddler said:

i was thinking about a new recipe that fits lore and isn't too expensive

this is my idea:cleansweeper.png.e13e8d729d893f75b8fb5a0f722f1b12.png

this is good.

Another alternative would be to have some new way to reliably produce dark petals which dont involve ghosts

Being the one that initially proposed the change to a lesser recipe, I think the main point I addressed is being missed among most of the replies arguing it to NOT remain at the amazing cost it's at now. 

As a large supporter of this game, and it's artwork, I always purchase the newest skins. Even for items/characters I never use. Among some of the newest skins comes for items we can't craft, and are REQUIRED to use the clean sweeper for. It just makes no sense to have an even moderately expensive recipe for an item that we need to use just so we can apply a skin that we purchased. Most of the non-craftable items are already challenging/difficult to get. (Krampus sack for example.) Why make the thing to change the skin anything but a few twigs and some petals? It's nice to be able to change a skin on your backpack early on if you want to without having to craft another. Or have to break down your crockpot because you don't have a shadow manipulator built yet and someone picked all the dark petals ages ago.... 

The list can go on.

And not to come off as rude, but by the logic of the person who made THIS post, then the wardrobe would need to require living logs too, because it changes the characters skins and outfits like magic, but at the cheap cost of normal wood. 

Don't make things harder for us when we simply want to use the skins that we bought. All the other skins can be applied to craftable items with the click of a button.

Plus, I'm sure it will make future skins more appealing to people now that they can ACTUALLY USE THEM.

Sure, it doesn't use magical incredients anymore even though it has a magic fx, but the same can be said about the wardrobe and I doubt anyone would like to use 4 living logs and beard hairs so one can change skins.

Not every change is entirely bad because it is different and I don't think that we should take apart every little change made during a patch even if we don't fully agree. I for instance don't personally agree with the particular change made to how fashion goggles are prototyped, but I also don't feel like a change like this necessarily needs a big forums post or is the worst change ever and that it absolutely needs to be reverted.

noone wants to buy skins and then have to cripple themselves early game just to be able to use them

adding a nightmare fuel to the recipie would be fine but having to get living logs and dark petals was a stupid waste of time to just have pink lureplants or whatever

I will admit without shame that I always cheated this item into my games. The old recipe was incredibly tedious to deal with. I buy nearly every skin, I even bought the rose skins for variois characters and the spear on the steam marketplace before the buff to drop rates happened. Im not having my cosmetics thst I paid real money for limited by an obnoxious recipie. You can make it as expensive as you want, Id still just cheat it in but Im incredibly happy it has been made cheaper.  Its a cash shop item, SCREW the lore on it.

Here's some lore for you: It has a similar amount of magic as a Wardrobe, and because it's incredibly low, it doesn't require any sort of advanced magical research station or magical ingredients. The Prestihatitator is built from similarly mundane ingredients at an even less advanced science station mind you, but I don't see you complaining about that one now, do I?

Alright I'll throw in my two cents as someone who also thinks "Eh I have mixed feelings on the new one"

I consider a good recipe to follow a few rules: It's reasonably accessible for what it does (Things that use boss ingredients aren't really required for normal gameplay, things like tools need to be cheap because you need them quick and easily), The rarity of their items is reflected in their benefit (Gold gives you better tools than flint, but it would be silly to ask for you to fight dragonfly for a slightly better shovel) and those items make reasonable sense and follow the logic of the world.

That last one, overall, is far less important- but if a recipe can do it it should. Things that imply magic should use things associated with magic where reasonable (nightmare fuel, living logs, gems, whatnot). Things that you would assume need metal or conductivity often use gold, etc.

Going back to the cookbook, which is currently a carrot and papyrus- it's goofy and cheap but does follow a logic to it, you have the pages (papyrus) and the food (carrot) and it gets you a book about food. It's previous cost was, honestly, pretty ridiculous for what it did (something like papyrus, a feather pencil and then something else I can't recall) and when it first got rebalanced it was changed to a weird collection of campfire cooked junk that in no way followed some sense to make a book. Price technically more fitting for its benefit, but not really logical even by game standards.

The clean sweeper recipe is not nearly as bad as the cookbook was, and it's price is significantly more fitted to what it does, but since it is a 'magical' item I would at least like to see that reflected. Not in an expensive way, just make it like, one living log and flower petals or add in a nightmare fuel to the current one. The way the item is implied to work is literally by magically changing the item you target with it (Hence its previous placement and recipe) and wardrobe, while doing similar, is really just implying you change your 'clothes'. Ultimately it's not a big deal to a lot of people, and it did need a change for accessibility, but personally I like the inclusion of the magic themed items for it. It just needed a good chunk of them trimmed because it definitely didn't justify the old cost.

we should take into account that there are players with few hours that might want to change their skins but they dont have knowledge or experience to get, not only "rare" materials, but also reach magic tier so the recipe is way more fair even if i liked the theme behind it

36 minutes ago, HumanBean150 said:

so just change the effect from a flash of shadow into a puff of smoke, and we're all good?

it's crafted using non-magical ingredients, at a non-magical crafting station, and does non-magical things.

Funniest part is that literally nobody is complaining about the wardrobe summoning shadow hands to change your clothes, but the duster is somehow the chosen one to be super magical and needs a magical recipe.

I really feel like that if the recipe was just what it is now from the start, nobody would think much of it.

1 hour ago, HumanBean150 said:

so just change the effect from a flash of shadow into a puff of smoke, and we're all good?

it's crafted using non-magical ingredients, at a non-magical crafting station, and does non-magical things.

Heh, honestly that sounds logical even tho very inconvenient. 

Would be pretty funny if the clean sweaper now needed physical contact to switch the skins, with the character moving to the item in question and dusting it off to a different skin as the little duster it is.

Archived