• Yes, it's probably be in the same level as DST
    • Yes, but it would not be successful as DST
    • Maybe, but the game is great
    • Maybe, but the game has cult following
    • Maybe, but the game is decent
    • No, the game is good but it will be a commercial failure
    • No, the game will probably be bad
    • No, the game will probably be hate by gamers

What are the names of the game, art style, and its price?

the mobs the characters (the mobs and the characters look the same) but the lore story and mechanics can be changed to fit with the genres you also can add new things but not delete old stuff only personality backstory lore art style the setting and gameplay mechanic that can be changed.

Also, you can use everything in DST and DSA DLCs if you want.

I made this because I want to know if DST will work in other genres and art styles.

Well, considering that I've already PLAYED DS/T in the Sims, I kinda _had_ to go with "Simulation" for the genre.  For the others, I put "role-playing", "sci-fi" and "comedy", though if I'd looked at the options better I probably would've put "Strategy" and/or "Open World" in there.  DEFINITELY strategy; I've also played DST itself "as" another game--in this case, "Civilization". 
...kinda. 
...sorta.

This reminds me of that one official scenario for "Plague Inc", where your goal is to make a board game that sweeps the world, and you can put ANY weird combo of stuff together you want in it, and see what sticks.  "Of COURSE people will want an educational comedy game with dice and tokens that's playable by 6 people and has a fantasy theme, named 'Action Turtle'!  What could go wrong?"  XD

...Notorious

21 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Well, considering that I've already PLAYED DS/T in the Sims, I kinda _had_ to go with "Simulation" for the genre.  For the others, I put "role-playing", "sci-fi" and "comedy", though if I'd looked at the options better I probably would've put "Strategy" and/or "Open World" in there.  DEFINITELY strategy; I've also played DST itself "as" another game--in this case, "Civilization". 
...kinda. 
...sorta.

This reminds me of that one official scenario for "Plague Inc", where your goal is to make a board game that sweeps the world, and you can put ANY weird combo of stuff together you want in it, and see what sticks.  "Of COURSE people will want an educational comedy game with dice and tokens that's playable by 6 people and has a fantasy theme, named 'Action Turtle'!  What could go wrong?"  XD

...Notorious

Yeah, I make this poll myself and I also didn't see the strategy option.

I want DST to be like Endless Space 2 and Endless legend type of game, I love 4x type game so I like DST in my version to be like.

You start on the constant with 100 generic survivors and they decide to make you king, Wilson is the king but you can choose the other characters if you want, as you start expanding you meet other characters that you didn't choose and they become your general, then this is where the sci-fi aspect come in you going to conquer the entire solar system as you battle and make peace with aliens. 

for what I actually choose it is probably like stardew valley, stardew valley have technology beyond our time, but also have monsters and magic, and people in the youtube comment section call this "stardew valley with bosses battle", the roleplaying aspect probably comes from how Wilson interact with the other characters in the town (which is the DST+DSA DLC cast).

...and that last bit kinda goes with one of my old nicknames for Don't Starve, which is "H. P. Lovecraft's 'Harvest Moon'".  Aka, farming is involved but it's also creepy.  :)

Mixing DS/T with "simulation"...

Spoiler

In the Sims 3/4 (but especially 3) what I did was not only make Don't Starve characters, but then I put poor Willow 

simwillow.thumb.png.2374a584b0f851f39bdf55fea9bda9a8.png

on an open lot with NO actual house, only a tent for shelter, as much food as feasible had to be gathered from fishing, gardening and beekeeping...oh, and every full moon zombies would come by, which I guess is kinda the hounds equivalent. 

willowscamp.png.ee75a22d8f9c10a60f5c78b0fccd37bf.png

If she wanted warmth, she put on warm clothes (I even made her cold-weather outfit look like the Puffy Vest, lol) and/or stood by the firepit;

willowbythefirepit.png.d6a880bde7197f68f257d54e67df7a6d.png

if you're hot, put on your swimsuit, jump in the pond, sit in the shade.  It's raining?  Use that umbrella you won at the Summer Carnival.

willowcooks.thumb.png.4fd43c9cea07d90ba30a960d5434e9f7.png
(I later recoloured that to have a flame pattern.  The customisation options in Sims 3 are GODLIKE.)

Roof?  Air conditioning? Central heating?  Never heard of  'em.  : P

As you can imagine it didn't work PERFECTLY in the Sims, but it was a pretty fun different way to play, which is the main thing I was going for. Oh, and no technology that looks like it's _definitely_ from after the 1920s was allowed in any DS character's house.  (If they HAD a house.)

The other one I mentioned (playing DST as if it was another genre already) was the "March of Civilization" Challenge and is where the name "Starvania" in my custom title came from.  It was...quite a saga, but before I even think of trying it again it's gonna need a LOT of reworking. The last time I played it, the ocean was still cardboard.  : P

Oh, and I just posted this on the screenshot thread, but SPEAKING of mixing Don't Starve with other genres...

Spoiler

dstff.png.42d19b50ba008773dccd0f18fc1a215d.png

DST meets (original) Final Fantasy.  :)

(I forget now what thread this came from; but I do remember somebody said something that made me think of DST as an oldschool JRPG and what _that_ would look like, so I made this.  Heh.)

...Notorious

8 minutes ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

Wouldn't mind if Wilson got tired of being mocked at and pushed around and decided today was the day they bring out the mech he promised Wes and blasted all the denizens of the constant to smithereens.

How is that related to what you voted?

9 minutes ago, Paoling said:

How is that related to what you voted?

How do you see who voted what? And yeah it does relate to what I voted, it would be a action adventure horror where you are Maxwell and Wilson is the bad guy.

2 minutes ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

How do you see who voted what? And yeah it does relate to what I voted, it would be a action adventure horror where you are Maxwell and Wilson is the bad guy.

The role reversal trope is classic, but how would play exactly could you please explain it?

action adventure could mean a lot of things so I wanted to be sure.

11 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

now I wouldn't mind a dst dating sim

Then vote and make it happen it your fantasy.

12 minutes ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

How do you see who voted what?

Just click see who voted for this button at the end of the answer.

18 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

My romance romance gacha puzzle game will blow dst out of the water.

What kind of romance? 

Amish romance (aka bonnet rippers)

Contemporary romance

Fantasy romance

Medical romance: For example, novels by Lucilla Andrews.

Paranormal romance

Regency romance

Romantic thriller

visual novel?

And what kind of puzzle?

1 hour ago, Guille6785 said:

now I wouldn't mind a dst dating sim

(looks right)

(looks left)

I...wouldprobablyplaythatifitwasreal.

But seriously though, it everybody was written in character and it was somehow both The Constant AND also a generic anime high school (you know, the kind where you never, EVER see the characters, like...attending class?) that could be pretty hilarious. I'm imagining, like...

Wilson:  Can you BELIEVE it?  Mrs. Terrorbeak assigned us extra homework today!  And it's in the gym storage locker for some reason!
Willow:  Ugh, and you have to go through the _swamp_ behind the school to get there, too. I'm gonna be picking tentacle guts out of my hair for weeks.

No reason why there's random biomes in/around the school. There just are.  Lunch is around the firepit, and it's the same every single day:  Meatballs.  Classes, which we NEVER see a character actually go to, could include things like "Wood Chopping 101", "Advanced Toolmaking" and "Going Insane for Fun and Profit". 

Spoiler

Possibly also with a scary twist.  Charlie would DEFINITELY be the "Monika" type character if you went that route--seems to be just another regular dating option character, is actually the one _running the game itself_...

And if you used the Cherry Forest mod, somebody could Confess under the cherry tree...

Oh god, now I'm imagining school uniforms for the characters WE HAVE TO DO THIS, GUYS.  XD

schoolgirlwigfrid.png.47e9afa50aecdf313c381a14d5da9367.png

(the only school-uniform-esque picture I already had available:  "Wigfrid Goes to Hogwarts".)

...I may or may not have a sick mind.  But DUDE IT WOULD BE HILARIOUS.  So wrong, but so funny.  XD

...Notorious

7 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

(looks right)

(looks left)

But seriously though, it everybody was written in character and it was somehow both The Constant AND also a generic anime high school (you know, the kind where you never, EVER see the characters, like...attending class?) that could be pretty hilarious. I'm imagining, like...

Wilson:  Can you BELIEVE it?  Mrs. Terrorbeak assigned us extra homework today!  And it's in the gym storage locker for some reason!
Willow:  Ugh, and you have to go through the _swamp_ behind the school to get there, too. I'm gonna be picking tentacle guts out of my hair for weeks.

No reason why there's random biomes in/around the school. There just are.  Lunch is around the firepit, and it's the same every single day:  Meatballs.  Classes, which we NEVER see a character actually go to, could include things like "Wood Chopping 101", "Advanced Toolmaking" and "Going Insane for Fun and Profit". 

Hide contents

Possibly also with a scary twist.  Charlie would DEFINITELY be the "Monika" type character if you went that route--seems to be just another regular dating option character, is actually the one _running the game itself_...

And if you used the Cherry Forest mod, somebody could Confess under the cherry tree...

Oh god, now I'm imagining school uniforms for the characters WE HAVE TO DO THIS, GUYS.  XD

(the only school-uniform-esque picture I already had available:  "Wigfrid Goes to Hogwarts".)

...I may or may not have a sick mind.  But DUDE IT WOULD BE HILARIOUS.  So wrong, but so funny.  XD

...Notorious

Why do you come up with the coolest ideas???

Awww, shucks!  (blushes)  Actually it was Guille6785 who first brought up the idea, I just...filled it out?  Heh.

Also here's everyone in makeshift school uniforms.

dsthighschool.thumb.png.bfa7001e62747a37dc446ab098e2c207.png

Technically Wickerbottom should've been left as she is to be a Scary Strict Teacher, Wilson's mad scientist gear would've made him a good science teacher and Warly should TOTALLY be the school lunchlady, but I wanted to see how it would look if EVERYone was in the same outfit.  Whether it would make sense or not.  : P

--Wolfgang is the "bad boy" who ripped off the sleeves of his uniform 'cos he's too cool for school
--Woodie is that scary "kid" who's obviously been held back way too many years, but nobody wants to ask him about it
--Winona is The Tomboy who got special permission to wear the boys' uniform instead
--Wendy is the official Creepy Kid who keeps a voodoo doll, candles and strange dried plants in her desk
--Willow is the Deadpan Snarker (Daria, Wednesday Addams, Winona Ryder in "Beetlejuice", etc.)
--Wes is the type of kid who writes emo poetry on the back of his homework and listens to bands you've probably never heard of
--Wormwood and Warly are foreign exchange students (because they were ported from DS expansions!) 
--and Maxwell is a classic nerd.  XD

...Notorious

3 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

(looks right)

(looks left)

Reveal hidden contents

...Notorious

I can imagine it now if the game was like this.

Wilson is in the chemistry club. also has the personality of your normal shonen main character and some of the quirk of generic high school protag.

Willow is the trouble maker who is the protagonist's frienemy and the president of the chemistry club (she is not smart she just knows how to make the best explosion).

Wolfgang is the Weightlifting Club president who is soft but shy about it and wants everyone to be friends.

Wendy is the creepy girl who is actually kind of sweet and the president of the gardening club.

WX-78 is the president of the science and technology club they are the kuudere but still have that want to kill all fleshling mindset but add "anything for you" personality.

Wickerbottom is the school librarian and most of the science classes and Gardening teacher who is very kind, but also care about the rule but she tries to be nice about it.

Woodie is the school Ecology Environmental Science and Botany teacher who loves woodcraft items and love chopping and planting trees during break time, also have a quirky ability to transform into animals.

Wes is the president of the comedy club he can't speak but that is what makes him cute.

Maxwell is the school janitor and magic teacher he used to be the school president but he got overthrown by Wilson for being too strict, Charlie is the school president now.

Wagstaff is the mysterious rival school DSA school president that comes to DST high from time to time.

Wigfrid is the drama club president who in characters too much for her own good, she used to be in the DSA middle school division called RoG middle school.

Webber is the entomology club president he is so cute and innocent, unlike bug and spider, he used to be in the DSA middle school division called RoG middle school.

Walani is the DSA surfing club president who is super chill and doesn't care about this whole rival school stuff she is DSA high school division called SW high.

Warly is the DST high chef and food teacher who is caring and loving, he used to be in DSA high school division called SW high

Woodleg is the DSA janitor who loves telling stories about him being a pirate in the olden day, he is also a digital pirate, he used to be in DSA high school division called SW high.

Wilbur is the DSA animal club president he might not seem like it but he is the smartest monkey around he is also royalty, he is in DSA high school division called SW high.

Wilba is the DSA royalty club Queen she is smart for a child and is also a were pig, so she tries to hide it, she is also royalty, she is in DSA elementary school division called HAM elementary.

Wormwood is the volunteer club president he loves everyone and wants everyone to be friends, he is a transfer student from DSA elementary school division called HAM elementary.

Wheeler is the DSA archaeology anthropology and history teacher she is an adventurer but she loves to teach so she often gets the kids to be with her on her adventure, she used to be in DSA elementary school division called HAM elementary.

Winona is a technology and mechanic teacher she loves hard-working students and truly loves every single one of her students, she is the sister of the school president.

Wortox is the school prankster and also occult club president he loves eating soul and pranks but also loves the supernatural, but he doesn't want anyone to get hurt.

Wurt is the school book club president she loves reading and fairytales she is also the librarian's favorite, also a teacher pet.

Walter is the boy scout club president he is fearless and full of joy also he adopt a lost puppy named Woby.

Wanda is the physics and philosophy teacher she hate when student wasted their time answering questions but like to collect useless trinkets.

Charlie is the DST high school president she used to be the vice president but Wilson give her the new position when she was a kid she love the stage so her love for the stage also translate to how she teaches and manages the school.

the DST high is on a land full of different biome but DSA schools are even more diverse and colorful and since the beginning, the two have been rivals.

2 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Awww, shucks!  (blushes)  Actually it was Guille6785 who first brought up the idea, I just...filled it out?  Heh.

Also here's everyone in makeshift school uniforms.

dsthighschool.thumb.png.bfa7001e62747a37dc446ab098e2c207.png

Technically Wickerbottom should've been left as she is to be a Scary Strict Teacher, Wilson's mad scientist gear would've made him a good science teacher and Warly should TOTALLY be the school lunchlady, but I wanted to see how it would look if EVERYone was in the same outfit.  Whether it would make sense or not.  : P

--Wolfgang is the "bad boy" who ripped off the sleeves of his uniform 'cos he's too cool for school
--Woodie is that scary "kid" who's obviously been held back way too many years, but nobody wants to ask him about it
--Winona is The Tomboy who got special permission to wear the boys' uniform instead
--Wendy is the official Creepy Kid who keeps a voodoo doll, candles and strange dried plants in her desk
--Willow is the Deadpan Snarker (Daria, Wednesday Addams, Winona Ryder in "Beetlejuice", etc.)
--Wes is the type of kid who writes emo poetry on the back of his homework and listens to bands you've probably never heard of
--Wormwood and Warly are foreign exchange students (because they were ported from DS expansions!) 
--and Maxwell is a classic nerd.  XD

...Notorious

I'm too late so this is my take on that universe.

1 hour ago, Paoling said:

Wilson is the chemistry club vice president.

WX-78 is the president of the science and technology club

I'm pretty sure these two are supposed to be complete losers.

1 hour ago, Paoling said:

WX-78 is the president of the science and technology club he is the kuudere but still has that want to kill all fleshling mindset but add "anything for you" personality.

Disgusting

6 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

I'm pretty sure these two are supposed to be complete losers.

Disgusting

Yeah WX-78 is a loser they are the president of science and technology the nerdiest club, and Wilson is a loser the chemistry club only has 3 people and 1 of them is just a pet plant somehow he loses to Willow that should be a loser enough okay maybe I will change Wilson story.

also, I'm not disgusting.

Wilson now loses to a child and a pyromaniac so is he a loser now?

Just now, Paoling said:

Yeah WX-78 is a loser they are the president of science and technology the nerdiest club

BRUH

1 minute ago, Paoling said:

also I'm not disgusting.

You're not disgusting, pairing tin cans is disgusting.

1 minute ago, jan Mele said:

BRUH

You're not disgusting, pairing tin cans is disgusting.

Why can't robots get love?

Also, it is an anime trope that one of them is a kuudere robot so that fits WX-78 perfectly.

5 minutes ago, Paoling said:

Why can't robots get love?

That's like asking why crow people can't get love... with ******* humans!

It's not as bad as pairing WX in particular with an organic tho.

3 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

That's like asking why crow people can't get love... with ******* humans!

Why can't they exactly?

Also, robots don't have genitalia why would they even have naugty with humans anyway? they don't feel it.

Also, I never mention that just like a kiss and a hug like how elementary school kids think dating is.

Just now, Paoling said:

Also, robots don't have genitalia why would they even have naugty with humans anyway? they don't feel it.

Implying that romantic relationships don't exist for making raising offspring easier.

2 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

Implying that romantic relationships don't exist for making raising offspring easier.

It's a dating game what do you expect everyone wants to date robots it anime just go with it, also do you want WX-78 to make offspring? and romance doesn't need the devil tango to be a relationship.

Archived