• Yes, but it would not be successful as DST
    • Maybe, but the game is great
    • Maybe, but the game has cult following
    • Maybe, but the game is decent
    • No, the game is good but it will be a commercial failure
    • No, the game will probably be bad
    • No, the game will probably be hate by gamers

18 minutes ago, Paoling said:

It's a dating game what do you expect everyone wants to date robots it anime just go with it, also do you want WX-78 to make offspring?

Ok, what about "Implying that romantic relationships aren't sexual"?

Let's not clog up the thread?

3 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

Ok, what about "Implying that romantic relationships aren't sexual"

Let's not clog up the thread?

Yes, that is what I was trying to say the romantic relationship doesn't need anything sexual.

Back on topic why do you vote for that choice in the last questions?

14 minutes ago, Paoling said:

Back on topic why do you vote for that choice in the last questions?

Idk if the game would be successful, idk if it would be good either.

Secondary theme could also be comedy, but I had to choose one...

5 minutes ago, Paoling said:

What is a general idea behind the game you want DST to be if it was different.

Playing as "Them" and doing strategy game things.

I'm more of a puzzle and action games guy, but i don't think it would fit ds.

9 minutes ago, Paoling said:

Can you tell us how it would play? a strategy Speculative puzzle horror with DST cast sounds interesting.

I mean, I'm kinda interested in game design, but I don't know much about strategy games.

I didn't have DS(T) cast in mind. Or any story. i'm more about gameplay. I really don't care about themes.

22 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

I mean, I'm kinda interested in game design, but I don't know much about strategy games.

I didn't have DS(T) cast in mind.

I didn't have much story in mind, i'm more about gameplay. I really don't care about themes.

I can give you some idea, maybe something like you need to keep track of the character sanity and also where the player, so when the player sanity get lower you need to deploy shadow creature more and as the player gets more sanity you need to retrieve the shadow at the sanity player normally don't see THEM, because if you doesn't do that the shadow will be dead and you only get a limited amount of shadow and if you lost them all you lose the game, you need to meet the goal Charlie set up for you you will have a certain amount of day to do if you doesn't do it you need 3 strikes to game over this way, there a map that randomly generated each run you need to follow the sound when you about to choose the path, you will hear the sound of footstep or instrument the lounder it gets mean you are getting closer, each turn is 1 chart when you at the player location you can send shadow monster around them but only if their sanity is low you can always see the sanity of the player, I think that would be a pretty cool puzzle strategy game. also, you need to entertain Charlie when she doesn't give you any goal so that means not to make them die but not make them too happy either, also you should probably control something good and bad to happen so that you can control what the sanity level drops or increase to your liking but you should have a meter you need to wait to fill up so that you don't overuse them.

OKAY...I realise we've gone off of this now, but I wanted to clarify a few things with the "dating Sim" idea:

Spoiler

1.  I was personally seeing it as a PG-rated thing.  Either it would keep SEEMING like it was going to eventually go...that direction, but never would, due to a twist of some kind, or would just be written in bright-eyed innocent just never "happening" to say certain things, style.  Of course, people being what they are a lot of players would PUT in the dirty stuff in fanfic/art, but that wouldn't be in actual canon.

2.  OBVIOUSLY we're gonna need a lot of age changing, if we're even thinking of using the whole cast. The kids will have to be aged UP into teenagers, some adults will be aged DOWN into teenagers, and the adult characters whose personalities/skills lend themselves well or humorousy to being teachers/staff, would be teachers/staff.  I'm specifically thinking like:  Warly:  Cook/Lunch"lady", Wilson:  Science teacher, Maxwell:  Magic class (this IS still the Constant, after all), Woodie:  Shop teacher, Wickerbottom:  Either the school librarian or the English teacher, Wolfgang:  Gym teacher. 

The characters whose ages are unknown or hard to tell in human years (Wortox and Wormwood, for example) could be regular teen students too, for the luls.

Principal?  Charlie, of course.  With shadow hall-monitors as enforcers. :)

TL;DR:  I was thinking of a family-friendly dating sim, with the most off-color thing being, perhaps, the fact that students keep getting killed off due to al lthe monsters and dangerous biomes at the school.  : P  "I am sad to announce, class, that your regular teacher will not be coming back to school for a while. She had an unfortunate run-in with a pack of hounds while attempting to cross the quad last night and we haven't yet found anyone willing to make a Telltale Heart for her."

Also the scary school basement would be the caves. :D

(am I now kinda writing a mix between "Attack on Titan High" and "Danganronpa"?  I might be...)

...Notorious

13 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

snip

I personally don't see Wilson as a teacher, atleast not as a good one. Even if he got the position he'd probably talk more about himself than the the thing he's supposed to teach about)

28 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

OKAY...I realise we've gone off of this now, but I wanted to clarify a few things with the "dating Sim" idea:

Hide contents

1.  I was personally seeing it as a PG-rated thing.  Either it would keep SEEMING like it was going to eventually go...that direction, but never would, due to a twist of some kind, or would just be written in bright-eyed innocent just never "happening" to say certain things, style.  Of course, people being what they are a lot of players would PUT in the dirty stuff in fanfic/art, but that wouldn't be in actual canon.

2.  OBVIOUSLY we're gonna need a lot of age changing, if we're even thinking of using the whole cast. The kids will have to be aged UP into teenagers, some adults will be aged DOWN into teenagers, and the adult characters whose personalities/skills lend themselves well or humorousy to being teachers/staff, would be teachers/staff.  I'm specifically thinking like:  Warly:  Cook/Lunch"lady", Wilson:  Science teacher, Maxwell:  Magic class (this IS still the Constant, after all), Woodie:  Shop teacher, Wickerbottom:  Either the school librarian or the English teacher, Wolfgang:  Gym teacher. 

The characters whose ages are unknown or hard to tell in human years (Wortox and Wormwood, for example) could be regular teen students too, for the luls.

Principal?  Charlie, of course.  With shadow hall-monitors as enforcers. :)

TL;DR:  I was thinking of a family-friendly dating sim, with the most off-color thing being, perhaps, the fact that students keep getting killed off due to al lthe monsters and dangerous biomes at the school.  : P  "I am sad to announce, class, that your regular teacher will not be coming back to school for a while. She had an unfortunate run-in with a pack of hounds while attempting to cross the quad last night and we haven't yet found anyone willing to make a Telltale Heart for her."

Also the scary school basement would be the caves. :D

(am I now kinda writing a mix between "Attack on Titan High" and "Danganronpa"?  I might be...)

...Notorious

1. I think "Dating Sim" at least needed a kissing scene nothing much just a little kiss or a hugging scene, I also never said anything that is higher than PG-13 because dating sims are not made for children, and if the characters die it's already PG-13.

2. I think Warly as a cook and a teacher at the same time is really appropriate because Warly cook thing faster so he has time for teaching, Wilson I don't think he can be a teacher since he isn't the most qualified person to be a teacher also I think it will be really funny as a failing student and is falling behind Willow, Maxwell I think fit with magic and also a janitor to show how far he fell from grace from a principle to common laborer, Woodie would probably teach about wood and nature, studying outside, and doing an outdoor activity, he probably gonna be one of the teachers and the curio collector can be the shop teacher, Wickerbottom probably teach most of the lesson at the school since she is the most knowledgeable on everything and also the school librarian, also most of the staff member are probably just shadows, pigs, merms, and bunnies, Wolfgang probably don't want to teach and want to learn more than anything else whether he good at it is another question.

I think your idea is pretty good at this is just my opinion on your take you can choose to do whatever you want with it.

41 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

I personally don't see Wilson as a teacher, atleast not as a good one. Even if he got the position he'd probably talk more about himself than the the thing he's supposed to teach about)

Same, I don't think he qualifies enough to be a teacher either.

Well, I never once said he'd be a GOOD teacher.  Just A teacher.  : P

I did consider having Woodie be some kind of...nature...teacher, but I wasn't able to figure out a "typical high school class" type name for it.  Winona should be the shop teacher, really.  I just chose Woodie because it's often called WOOD shop.  Heh.

I kinda see Wolfgang the Gym Teacher as being one of those stereotypical P.E. teachers who yells at/mocks his students for being "wimps" all the time...while trying to hide the fact that (gasp!) HE gets wimpy sometimes too!  Dun dun DUUUUNNNN!!  Maybe there could even be a dramatic scene where, if the player makes certain choices, you actually see him shrink down and are like "Wha?"

I'm coming up with random ideas at random times for this, so...that's why it's kind of a disjointed mess . Heh.

...Notorious

Well, you choose Simulation comedy sc-fi role-playing game with DST cast and mobs what would that be like?

25 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Well, I never once said he'd be a GOOD teacher.  Just A teacher.  : P

I did consider having Woodie be some kind of...nature...teacher, but I wasn't able to figure out a "typical high school class" type name for it.  Winona should be the shop teacher, really.  I just chose Woodie because it's often called WOOD shop.  Heh.

I kinda see Wolfgang the Gym Teacher as being one of those stereotypical P.E. teachers who yells at/mocks his students for being "wimps" all the time...while trying to hide the fact that (gasp!) HE gets wimpy sometimes too!  Dun dun DUUUUNNNN!!  Maybe there could even be a dramatic scene where, if the player makes certain choices, you actually see him shrink down and are like "Wha?"

I'm coming up with random ideas at random times for this, so...that's why it's kind of a disjointed mess . Heh.

...Notorious

Botany is a thing so Woodie would be that teacher and shop teacher, wood and nature-related subject to, Winona would probably be the mechanic and technology teacher since she loves industry made products and hates homemade products, Wilson would probably fail to be a teacher also if this is a dating sim having teacher dating students is probably not the best idea, and Wolfgang personality is just too kind to be mean and also too dumb to be a teacher.

But you did pretty well coming up with stuff on the spot and this is just my personal taste I want to know how you think of it.

16 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

Yup.

I do think that Chaotica's vision of Woodie is better (the first one especially)

I don't think his dumb he is smart enough to build a shack so that something, and he isn't that violent of a person just kind of rough and tumble.

11 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

i dont know, multiple at once

I don't think you can fit every genre and theme into 1 game.

7 minutes ago, Paoling said:

I don't is dumb

Well, yeah.

I dunno what else to give him, he's characterization is that he's just Canadian and has an axe waifu, that's it. Not that the first suggestion fits this.

2 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

Well, yeah.

I dunno what else do give him, he's characterization is that he's just Canadian and that's it.

Well, you just used Canadian stereotypes that his entire personality.

And loving Canada and just everything about Canadian.

"an action open world mmo role playing rpg whit tactical round based combat, survival elements, a heavy story full of thriling, epic adventure packed and romance options, where the players can create there own stuff whitin the universe, show of your creative creations whil players all around the world! and be the first to collect all 100 side characters as your trustfully companions that will help you in battle or other activities, like fishing or mining, now only in dontstarve together"

now say what now @Paoling? does that not sound like fun?

1 minute ago, jan Mele said:

This wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I'm just saying that I don't understand your message

Which one?

3 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

"an action open world mmo role playing rpg whit tactical round based combat, survival elements, a heavy story full of thriling, epic adventure packed and romance options, where the players can create there own stuff whitin the universe, show of your creative creations whil players all around the world! and be the first to collect all 100 side characters as your trustfully companions that will help you in battle or other activities, like fishing or mining, now only in dontstarve together"

now say what now @Paoling? does that not sound like fun?

I don't have the brain capacity to imagine what that would be like.

Can you imagine what that would be like?

5 minutes ago, Paoling said:

Which one?

I don't have the brain capacity to imagine what that would be like.

Can you imagine what that would be like?

dont starve but whit all that stuff there, like, what else to expect realy? unless of course the perspective is differend, 2.5d is something that comes to mind, yes, thats an option for sure, and the 100side characters? well lets se, we got pig joe for once, pig bacon, merm glurgas, rocklobster rocky, grass gekko lizie, the lavae, and for romance options? well, i allready got my fictional crush, so cant realy say how i like that mechanic in the game, but round based rpg? oh thats great! its like dragon quest, you just select your move and then watch the animations, survival is as you know, eat food, the heavy main story follows wilson percival higgsbury, how he needs your help to defeat the evil man maxwell, and to remove him from the throne, so that others may take over, and to make from old enemys new friends, as you follow each character story, you will realise that they all have something in common, "together" to defeat the overlord of the shadow realm, to defeat the evil whitin the world for ever! while helping an old man whit bad vision to construct something to get the needed moon energy, to finaly put an end to this, yes, and to bring peace finaly into the faction based pvp too, to make it finaly so, that everyone can live whitout proplems

Archived