Jump to content

Small suggestion thread


Recommended Posts

First of all, I want to start by saying that this is probably going to be the best QoL update we have ever received. I have been enjoying every bit of the beta, I can't express enough how happy I am with all the changes. Thanks a lot Klei!

My first suggestion is regarding the "double-click" crafting. After all this time of single-click crafting, highlighting an item by clicking it, and clicking once more to craft it not only feels weird, but also not right. Also I don't know if it was just my lack of clicking skills, but I couldn't auto-craft anything even though I'm sure I double-clicked fast enough.

My second suggestion is regarding Wolfgang. Thanks for making him able to self-click to lift. Another thing I have noticed is that he can't unequip his dumbbells from his handslot without dragging the item to an empty inventory slot or without swapping items. I would very much appreciate a keybind to unequipping directly from the handslot, like left CTRL+right-click or even a simple right-click. Also allow me to say that this is coming from a person who will be playing this new Wolfgang a lot in the future. Thanks a lot for using our feedbacks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr.Tarunio said:

1. crafting favorite changing between servers might be redundant.

2. double clicking the icon to craft also seems redundant.

1) Favorites arent't changing between servers, they are global. The pined items change and I can totally understand why. In my megabase with wanda I need bundlingwraps and night armor, in an early world I don't have bundingwraps and need a lotsuit or darksword if I don't play wanda. So I think the global favorits and the not global pins are actually not and compromise. 

2) Even if would also prefere to craft with a single click: The problem ist how will you select an item then? Selecting it is one click, crafting is the second click. Selecting is needed in this new GUI for skins, favorits and pinning items. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, lionking102 said:

2) Even if would also prefere to craft with a single click: The problem ist how will you select an item then? Selecting it is one click, crafting is the second click. Selecting is needed in this new GUI for skins, favorits and pinning items. 

right click probably.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, lionking102 said:

1) Favorites arent't changing between servers, they are global. The pined items change and I can totally understand why. In my megabase with wanda I need bundlingwraps and night armor, in an early world I don't have bundingwraps and need a lotsuit or darksword if I don't play wanda. So I think the global favorits and the not global pins are actually not and compromise. 

2) Even if would also prefere to craft with a single click: The problem ist how will you select an item then? Selecting it is one click, crafting is the second click. Selecting is needed in this new GUI for skins, favorits and pinning items. 

hovering the mouse over it should be enough, i believe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Able to do tasks while the UI is open. That's all i want.

EDIT: That's not all i want. i lied.
Having the UI open won't pause the game, while also having auto pause on at the same time. its a bit weird and i forget to press the pause button without it on. make it customizable
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Prototyper stations when clicked on should show all prototypable recipes from that station.

So if i click on a science machine, it will show all recipes from it. So i can click on a shovel and backpack on the same page instead of navigating menus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

combine cooking tab and food tab, combine weapons tab and armor tab, combine chest tab with structure tab, and combine the summer and winter tab and maybe spring tab if that doesn't make it too over bloated. After this my main problems will be done with

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A dedicated trading HUD/Filter would be cool since it doesn't really fit into a crafting menu.

Spoiler
14 minutes ago, Dextops said:

combine cooking tab and food tab, combine weapons tab and armor tab, combine chest tab with structure tab, and combine the summer and winter tab and maybe spring tab if that doesn't make it too over bloated. After this my main problems will be done with

^This Too^

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've noticed from OrangE video that the ancient guardian's arena looks larger then before, if this is true will the new arena be retrofitted into old worlds?

I also wonder how the new crafting menu will feel in console, will there be a option to increase scrolling speed in the menu?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...