Winona's Machines (Help Needed)

Hi everyone! After reading the recent Winona topics I thought it would be cool if she had some new machines, but what should they do? Please share your ideas for Winona's new machines! What would you give her the ability to craft? 

Imo, it would be cool if she could make a Water flingomatic, that would water the farm plots surrounding it.

I said it in those threads, but I'll say it again here - She requires a lot of resources to build her crafts, but has absolutely nothing to help in gathering those resources which (imo) is a major contributor to her being a swap.  I would like to see her being able to build something like a chainsaw that fuels and chops wood more efficiently taking both hand and body slot - and a thumper that you place on rocky turf that generates rocks but attracts depths worms that attack it, defend the thumper and get your rocks.

Also more automation tools.

When people use Wolfgang they use him to move heavy items or to deal double damage.

When people are NOT wanting to do those things, then they really have no need to play Wolfgang unless they just like him as a character.

You swap to Wolfgang to enjoy his “Built-In” Perks..

Same situation if you Swap to Wendy for Abigail Usage or Willow to farm Shadows with Enlarged BERNIE!

These abilities aren’t usable when these characters aren’t in the game.

And a lot of you are going to hate this (I don’t care..) But Fixing Winona isn’t about giving her a bunch of new crazy contraptions like a Gardening Water Hose.

Fixing her should be as simple as making her structures descend into the ground to look like a closed Missile Silo Bunker door whenever she’s not in the server.

Winona just became no more or less a Pick/Swap as Wendy/Wolfgang or Walter

31 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Fixing her should be as simple as making her structures descend into the ground to look like a closed Missile Silo Bunker door whenever she’s not in the server.

Fixing what about her?  That people play her at all?

This would help no more people play her, and in fact directly make people play her less.  idk what your point with this type of direction would even be.  Might as well leave her as she is rather than break her further lol

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

These abilities aren’t usable when these characters aren’t in the game.

so?

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

And a lot of you are going to hate this (I don’t care..) But Fixing Winona isn’t about giving her a bunch of new crazy contraptions like a Gardening Water Hose.

so basically instead of making her a fun character lets make her even less useful

boom-mind-blown.gif

2 hours ago, Shosuko said:

I said it in those threads, but I'll say it again here - She requires a lot of resources to build her crafts, but has absolutely nothing to help in gathering those resources which (imo) is a major contributor to her being a swap.  I would like to see her being able to build something like a chainsaw that fuels and chops wood more efficiently taking both hand and body slot - and a thumper that you place on rocky turf that generates rocks but attracts depths worms that attack it, defend the thumper and get your rocks.

This idea I especially love because it is a actually fun mini game that can go wrong.

I want to add to the idea and what if the thumper drops 15 rocks, 6 flint and 4 nitre every 20 seconds. Depth worms would spawn every 30 seconds with each wave having 1 more depth worms then the last.

The crafting recipe for the thumper could be 10 cut stone, 10 trusty tape and 6 gears, it would need a expensive recipe like that because you wouldn't want people just letting the thumper run for 1 minute and then hammering and rebuilding it again for easy depth worms waves.

I would like to see her being able to build something like a chainsaw that fuels and chops wood more efficiently taking both hand and body slot - and a thumper that you place on rocky turf that generates rocks but attracts depths worms that attack it, defend the thumper and get your rocks.

Tangential to your (clearly Subnautica inspired?) thumper suggestion, I feel like Winona should also just be able to mine boulders faster at all times like Woodie and trees - it would go well with her lore working as a miner before a factory worker. I think to streamline the thumper idea it should just be used underground and cause earthquakes that generate the rocks though, depth worms don't spawn aboveground after all.

I don't know how I feel about her just being turned into a full-on gatherer character with more tools and equipment beyond the thumper, but that might just be me. She doesn't have a niche at all right now other than building her machines after all

Her base gameplay is moreso the issue as you've said before, with a downside that ironically discourages crafting (lose hunger for crafting after a while of not crafting... and 2x slower crafting when hungry.... wow) and no other unique perks for herself other than the free hit from Charlie.

6 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Chainsaw is a bit too real and would fit Factorio more than Don't Starve. Maybe some goofy thing like an axe where the head is pneumatic. The other characters could have some line where they talk about how they won't use it because it's some crazy contraption, looks unsafe, or just isn't right.

A machine to clean ocean water (either portable for little quantity, or big acting like pond and working with generator)
An advanced lightning rod able to reload generators. 
A motor for boat and a portable generator to supply the power.

I like boat but I feel no character is dedicated to it. Winona could be the one.

I dont think Winona need more machines but it would be still cool. i myselft have a lot of ideas for Winona but im not gonna post all of them here, just gonna leave some of them.

Just add an special status that can be turned on/off by the player, you can call this status the "hard work mode", every time Winona turn on the HWM she obtain the the followin buffs and debuffs.

Advantages:

She can craft even faster than before but dont get the penalty of -5 hunger points.

She can pick grass, berries, twigs faster(yeah just like in the gorge).

The things she craft are gonna cost less.Example: boards instead of cost 4 logs, are gonna cost 3 logs. Its gonna be a tiny discount, just one less material. This can be explained cause she's a hard and optimal worker so she try her best to optimize the use of resources. And yeah i know this could be broken but bear with me a little im gonna try to balance this.

She can use the trusty tapes to repair some armors, tools and weapons.( of course the strongest things aka magic stuff are out of this effect). she can only repair stuff by 50% so no weapon, tool or armor are gonna be repaired to the 100% by trusty tapes.

After 6 minuts in this mode Nona is gonna get the automatic woker affect, when in this effect she is gonna get an even bigger discount(half the cost of all craftings) yeah this sounds broken right?

Disadvantages:

During this mode Winona will lose hunger points faster and the more she stay in this mode, the more severe is going to be the lost of hunger.

After some time of staying in this mode she is gonna start losing sanity points.

This mode can only last for 8 min( the default length of a day in dst is 8 min). And after turning off this mode the player is gonna get an special effect "exhausted", when Winona is exhausted she is gonna be unable to use this mode. The exhausted effect is gonna last depending of how much time the player stayed in the HWM.

First 2 min:                                

1. -1.5x hunger points.                
  2. no sanity lost.                                                                                                                                                                                                        

After 2 min(this only last for anothers 2 min):          

1.  -2.2x hunger points                                             
  2.  -5 sanity lost per min.(this can stack)     

The rest of the time.

1. -4x hunger points(yeah ik its worst than wolfy's)
  2. -100 points per min(yeah ik its the same as klaus aura)this stacks btw :)

The most expensive craft are gonna cost extra sanity, hunger and health, yeah did you remeber that i write about trying to balance this thing? Every time she craft an expensive thing like magic or ancient stuff she is gonna lost 25 points of hunger, 35 points of sanity and 2 points of health(this can be explained cause Nona was really stressed trying to craft those things with no enough resources and i know this is true in real life cause i have a hard job so every time i return my home im really hungry and stressed).

Depending of how much time you stayed in this mode you are gonna get a different cooldown(exhausted effect). And she is gonna lose health points after retunring to normal Nona, this is gonna depend of how much the player stayed in the HWM

• Less than 4 minuts= 4 minuts cooldown(half day) and -2 points of health.
  • 4 minuts to 7 minuts=8 minuts(a day) and -5 points of health
  • more than 7 minuts=40 minuts(5 days) and 15 points of health.

And she can't craft anything if hunger or sanity are below 20. "Even I can't work under these conditions"

Finally i want to say that this is not a meter at all, yeah i know that we have enough meters in the game, this is more like an alternate version of Nona and the player can switch bewteen the normal Nona and the hard worker Nona, so this is more like a mode, maybe a really old pocket watch can represent this mode so the player can know when to return to normal Nona(yeah it could be similar to wanda's health).

Gosh this was funny to make :<

2 hours ago, NekoSoulx said:

I dont think Winona need more machines but it would be still cool. i myselft have a lot of ideas for Winona but im not gonna post all of them here, just gonna leave some of them.

Just add an special status that can be turned on/off by the player, you can call this status the "hard work mode", every time Winona turn on the HWM she obtain the the followin buffs and debuffs.

Advantages:

She can craft even faster than before but dont get the penalty of -5 hunger points.

She can pick grass, berries, twigs faster(yeah just like in the gorge).

The things she craft are gonna cost less.Example: boards instead of cost 4 logs, are gonna cost 3 logs. Its gonna be a tiny discount, just one less material. This can be explained cause she's a hard and optimal worker so she try her best to optimize the use of resources. And yeah i know this could be broken but bear with me a little im gonna try to balance this.

She can use the trusty tapes to repair some armors, tools and weapons.( of course the strongest things aka magic stuff are out of this effect). she can only repair stuff by 50% so no weapon, tool or armor are gonna be repaired to the 100% by trusty tapes.

After 6 minuts in this mode Nona is gonna get the automatic woker affect, when in this effect she is gonna get an even bigger discount(half the cost of all craftings) yeah this sounds broken right?

Disadvantages:

During this mode Winona will lose hunger points faster and the more she stay in this mode, the more severe is going to be the lost of hunger.

After some time of staying in this mode she is gonna start losing sanity points.

This mode can only last for 8 min( the default length of a day in dst is 8 min). And after turning off this mode the player is gonna get an special effect "exhausted", when Winona is exhausted she is gonna be unable to use this mode. The exhausted effect is gonna last depending of how much time the player stayed in the HWM.

First 2 min:                                

1. -1.5x hunger points.                
  2. no sanity lost.                                                                                                                                                                                                        

After 2 min(this only last for anothers 2 min):          

1.  -2.2x hunger points                                             
  2.  -5 sanity lost per min.(this can stack)     

The rest of the time.

1. -4x hunger points(yeah ik its worst than wolfy's)
  2. -100 points per min(yeah ik its the same as klaus aura)this stacks btw :)

The most expensive craft are gonna cost extra sanity, hunger and health, yeah did you remeber that i write about trying to balance this thing? Every time she craft an expensive thing like magic or ancient stuff she is gonna lost 25 points of hunger, 35 points of sanity and 2 points of health(this can be explained cause Nona was really stressed trying to craft those things with no enough resources and i know this is true in real life cause i have a hard job so every time i return my home im really hungry and stressed).

Depending of how much time you stayed in this mode you are gonna get a different cooldown(exhausted effect). And she is gonna lose health points after retunring to normal Nona, this is gonna depend of how much the player stayed in the HWM

• Less than 4 minuts= 4 minuts cooldown(half day) and -2 points of health.
  • 4 minuts to 7 minuts=8 minuts(a day) and -5 points of health
  • more than 7 minuts=40 minuts(5 days) and 15 points of health.

And she can't craft anything if hunger or sanity are below 20. "Even I can't work under these conditions"

Finally i want to say that this is not a meter at all, yeah i know that we have enough meters in the game, this is more like an alternate version of Nona and the player can switch bewteen the normal Nona and the hard worker Nona, so this is more like a mode, maybe a really old pocket watch can represent this mode so the player can know when to return to normal Nona(yeah it could be similar to wanda's health).

Gosh this was funny to make :<

So like non-combat pre-rework Wolfgang? Sounds really cool, maybe I should try to mod this in.

Probably needs some tweaking, but it'd be better to test it first.

Archived