It would be great if Klei added multiplayer in an update after the launch, so they don't have to worry about finishing the single-player. Kinda like how Mojang is focusing more on the multiplayer after the release of Minecraft on updates like the upcoming redstone update.

Guys, think of Singleplayer and Multiplayer like... ah, like two men who jumped out of an airplane, but they only have one parachute. If they try to share it, they would both die, so Singleplayer wore the parachute and Multiplayer hit the ground at 195 km/h. It wasn't pretty, but Singleplayer was gloriously unharmed and better for it.I'm sure I could have come up with a better metaphor, but I'm still shaking off the sedative the doctor's gave me. FYI, never turn your back on a doctor, they'll sedate you. :disturbed:

I think multiplayer should be saved for Don't Starve 2 if we ever get one. I don't want the devs to be forced to choose between making the game better and adding a gimmick like mutliplayer.

dont thing they would release a dont starve 2. since the game is updating constantly

Personally I don't care for multiplayer. I think minecraft made a good multiplayer game because it was never sold as a super hard survival game, whereas don't starve is made to be more difficult, which multiplayer would detract from.

Well, if you have say 3 players on a multiplayer "server" or whatever it would be called, you would have 3 mouths to feed. you would also need more resources for things such as armor and weapons. so being realistic, more players would make it more difficult to survive. Edited by Kuplunk1

Well, if you have say 3 players on a multiplayer "server" or whatever it would be called, you would have 3 mouths to feed. you would also need more resources for things such as armor and weapons. so being realistic, more players would make it more difficult to survive.

But the other 3 players will also be gathering food... They can feed themselves and if they have extra food they can help their friend...

I really, really, really hate people who whine for multiplayer in the few remaining single player focused games.I mean I would bet big money that if someone made a game about loneliness in a dark deserted place, where you play as the last human being trying to stay sane in an empty world, one of the first comments on the developers site would be "ADD MULTIPLAYR NAO PLZ"Multiplayer takes a lot of effort to implement. If it is introduced into a single player game or game series it always means lowering the quality of the game. This is simple math - the developers have a set amount of resources to work on the game. If x amount of these is used to implement multiplayer that means x amount less for the rest of the game.If you want to play multiplayer, play it in the vast majority of games that have already succumbed to it, and please for the love of everything that is sacred to you leave the few remaining games which are focused on a single player experience alone./rantOh and -1 multiplayer obviously...