Why does it rain and snow in the desert biomes?

11 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

It can rain and snow in deserts in real life. Also, the Constant isn't real life. Days last 8 minutes and there's a variety of strange creatures, so the weather is really the least abnormal thing there.

but dont have the same temperature than a forest

i always find weird not having different temperatures for certain biomes

btw since when having 8 min days is cannon? do they starve after 20 min without eat?

8 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

but dont have the same temperature than a forest

i always find weird not having different temperatures for certain biomes

btw since when having 8 min days is cannon? do they starve after 20 min without eat?

Well Wagstaff says that time moves really fast and is abnormal in the constant. 

Also that butterflys literally spawn from flowers and don't start in a larvae state.

What is cannon though? Idk, devs could just be having fun with 4th wall breaks.

2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Also that butterflys literally spawn from flowers and don't started in a larvae state.

I always imagined butterflies were sentient flowers, given that they spawn from them & when planted produce flowers

1 minute ago, Auth said:

I always imagined butterflies were sentient flowers, given that they spawn from them & when planted produce flowers

That's a really neat concept and also makes a little more terrified of the flowers themselves.

The flowers have been watching us all along.

6 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Also that butterflys literally spawn from flowers and don't start in a larvae state.

Also Maxwell on throne says time go strange here

2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Wagstaff also says fish eyes turn to X when they die. That's too meta.

Next thing he gonna quote on is how strange it is that he has health bar in the corner of the screen. 

12 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

i can take that 8 min in the real world are an entire day inside the constant but i dont think "8 min days". Characters start to starve after few minutes

also they can expend years without sleeping or evacuating, they dont lose body parts because of freezing, dont need to drink water even when the summer heat is extreme, can resist the atack of a 200tons giant because they wear a helmet, can insta heal wounds by eating, etc etc so i wont take each mechanic as part of the lore and less when is clearly made because of being convenient

i dont get why people asume the 8 min thing, isnt like we can have 24h ingame days

19 hours ago, Cheggf said:

It can rain and snow in deserts in real life. Also, the Constant isn't real life. Days last 8 minutes and there's a variety of strange creatures, so the weather is really the least abnormal thing there.

Snow covered sand and a ton of Spring rain in the desert seems weird even for the constant to me, even with time dilation and different inhabitants. I know it happens in the real world, but it seems weird in the Constant. Since there are seasons, it's implyed that the constant is on a planet that orbits a star, and it even has a moon. So, if the star that the constant is orbiting has a much greater mass, then the days would appear quicker and time it self would work differently. There's logic there and does not seem weird to me. Snow covered sand and a ton of rain in the middle of a desert of a world were desert storms only occur near Oasis is weird for me, and I can't be the only one to think that. In the spirit of making "x more x-like" maybe this can apply to biomes, coast lines, and the ocean for more dynamic weather instead of this global on/off switch we have right now. 

Edit: Since sandstorms only occur in the desert, it just seems more logical that we get travel to the desert for a break from the blinding snow turf and the harassing rains during Winter and Spring respectively. 

I mean, many of the things in the constant seems to be "artificial" in the sense that they were created by them, the moon or the person who is in the throne either being this Maxwell or Charlie, so it maybe is posible that the climate, the seasons, the day cycle and many other things are also manipulated by someone. That could also explain why the world look like an stage.

27 minutes ago, IanKSB91 said:

That could also explain why the world look like an stage.

I forgot about that. Thanks. So the world was built with the imagination of Max (but influenced by the Codex)?

27 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Rain during snowy day is normal winter weather where i live.

Nice. I only know 2 seasons now: hot & humid and not so hot & humid. Would be nice to see snow again irl.

2 hours ago, Phizzle said:

Snow covered sand and a ton of Spring rain in the desert seems weird even for the constant to me, even with time dilation and different inhabitants. I know it happens in the real world, but it seems weird in the Constant. Since there are seasons, it's implyed that the constant is on a planet that orbits a star, and it even has a moon. So, if the star that the constant is orbiting has a much greater mass, then the days would appear quicker and time it self would work differently. There's logic there and does not seem weird to me. Snow covered sand and a ton of rain in the middle of a desert of a world were desert storms only occur near Oasis is weird for me, and I can't be the only one to think that. In the spirit of making "x more x-like" maybe this can apply to biomes, coast lines, and the ocean for more dynamic weather instead of this global on/off switch we have right now. 

Edit: Since sandstorms only occur in the desert, it just seems more logical that we get travel to the desert for a break from the blinding snow turf and the harassing rains during Winter and Spring respectively. 

maybe rain could work the same way moonstorm does, simple as that

Archived