[Game Update] - 487518

• Developer

Changes:

• Characters will now comment when the Eye of Terror and Twins of Terror arrive and fly away.
  • Characters will now say something unique when attempting to give an item to a Terrarium that is missing its tree.
  • Meat Bulb renamed to Lureplant.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a bug where the Eye of Terror and Twins of Terror would not attack the player after being summoned.
  • Fixed a bug where the Eye of Terror and Twins of Terror would spawn in the void.
  • Fixed a crash when equipping the Shield of Terror after throwing the Boomerang.
  • Fixed a crash when the Terrarium attempts to spawn the boss while there are no players in the forest world.
  • Fixed a bug causing the Terrarium to be enabled during the day after loading or performing a rollback.
  • Fixed a bug causing the Eye of Terror and Twins of Terror to be spawned and invincible during the day after loading or performing a rollback.
  • Fixed a bug related to a living Eye of Terror or Twin of Terror being offscreen when day breaks.
  • Suspicious Peepers now drop souls for Wortox, and the Twins of Terror no longer drop souls for Wortox.
  • Fixed a bug preventing the Malbatross from using its swoop attack.
  • Crash fix for missing pre-translated text.
  • Deck Illuminator layering fix.

View full update

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4
  • Health 1

32 minutes ago, StevenM said:

Changes:

• Characters will now comment when the Eye of Terror and Twins of Terror arrive and fly away.
  • Characters will now say something unique when attempting to give an item to a Terrarium that is missing its tree.

View full update

Oh boy! More dialog to add to budding chef! Haha.

Thanks for the hotfix anywho.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Lureplant was only its "placed" name and meat bulb was its "item" name.

Nope, the Lureplant was named "Meat Bulb" even when placed.

Really delightful to see people being confused about this, the truth is, Lureplants were never actually called lureplants. Lureplant has always been the prefab/code name for the plant while they were actually called Meat Bulbs, and then we got the Lureplant costume skin for Wendy where it was actually called Lureplant, but even before then, people for whatever reason called them lureplants. I had this discussion with some friends a few days ago, we tried to figure where in the world the community actually adopted the name Lureplant despite it being a code name, the wiki names them lureplants and meat bulbs, and I believe there was a forum post made a few days after the update Meat Bulbs were added in where the poster called them lureplants.

We hypothesized that a developer likely called them Lureplants instead of Meat Bulbs in the update post which happens all the time! (When you're so used to code names instead of actual names working on the game, I remember Astral Detectors were called Archive Resonators in a update post by a dev way back (Glad we didn't adopt Archive Resonator haha), and that's what led to the community adopting the name of Lureplant. Really fascinating to see everyone use lureplants as the name, when they weren't ever actually called that until the skinset for Wendy!

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 6

15 hours ago, Hornete said:

Really delightful to see people being confused about this, the truth is, Lureplants were never actually called lureplants. Lureplant has always been the prefab/code name for the plant while they were actually called Meat Bulbs, and then we got the Lureplant costume skin for Wendy where it was actually called Lureplant, but even before then, people for whatever reason called them lureplants. I had this discussion with some friends a few days ago, we tried to figure where in the world the community actually adopted the name Lureplant despite it being a code name, the wiki names them lureplants and meat bulbs, and I believe there was a forum post made a few days after the update Meat Bulbs were added in where the poster called them lureplants.

We hypothesized that a developer likely called them Lureplants instead of Meat Bulbs in the update post which happens all the time! (When you're so used to code names instead of actual names working on the game, I remember Astral Detectors were called Archive Resonators in a update post by a dev way back (Glad we didn't adopt Archive Resonator haha), and that's what led to the community adopting the name of Lureplant. Really fascinating to see everyone use lureplants as the name, when they weren't ever actually called that until the skinset for Wendy!

im pretty sure i called them lure plants before skins were a thing

10 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

im pretty sure i called them lure plants before skins were a thing

ofc, is what hornet is saying, since always ( is not a rock update) they were name meatbulbs but their code has been always lureplant so from there could enter the lureplant name in the community

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Lureplant just sounds way more appropriate since well, you can Lure enemies to them.

just as something curious, the meat that shows the bulb is used by the plant to lure enemies into their eyes mouths, similar to carnivorous plant. Pigs actually can harvest the bulb to eat the meat

i notice this by placing a boat with bulbs near pig houses, the jerks were always jumping into the boat to safely steal my meat

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
corrections
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Big Ups 1

On 11/24/2021 at 5:41 PM, Hornete said:

Wargs (Varg prefab name) could also probably be added to this sort of thing