Which surface biome(s) do you think need the most attention / changes?

Out of the following:  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Out of the following:

• Forest
    • Grasslands
    • Swamp
    • Mosaic
    • Rocky
    • Savanna
    • Deciduous
    • Graveyard
    • Oasis Desert
    • Dragonfly Desert
    • No Vote / Results

1 minute ago, Beeremy the III said:

Obligatory mention of the ocean.

I can totally agree, but I decided to leave out both the ocean and the caves because chances are, they'd be voted for quite a lot.

The oceans also have a much different way to explore them (which I'm sure doesn't help with them feeling so empty.)

Forest and Savannah imo, more than one deciduous is an instant world reset for me. Doesn't matter if that world has every good set pieces ever made, its a reset. I enjoy looking for the loot stash since I cant do much during winter (much building anyways) so I usually spend that time sailing, looking for the loot stash and killing DF. 

I hardly ever visit the Savannah or forest, unless its to walk to another biome. The Savannah could be a cool spot for a blizzard. The forest could be a good spot for magical anomalies.

The Caves in its entirety.

the caves are a very very sad place to me, an entire world but it doesnt really feel like one imo, it feels like an undercooked place of the game.

I would like to get the Caves a taste of modern DST design, I really liked the Grotto a lot.

After they finish what they'd like to do with the ocean, of course.

I think the second deciduous forest can just go.  Without pig king its pretty much a dead-zone until you're hunting deer or klaus sack, and then its just an extra chore.  Sometimes I think they should just leave 3x Walrus biome always on, and remove second deciduous chance.

Besides that I think the biomes are mostly okay - just need to increase the frequency and variety of set pieces.  Nothing perks up a biome like the dev's graveyard, or some pig warriors.  I use a mod to turn up set piece chances and it makes my worlds feel much more alive.

I really just want random wacky Moon Mobs that can spawn from most actions & in any biome- 

Instead of having particular mobs in a pre-determined biome every single time: I would much rather have something like Hunt Surprise’s that keep me guessing.

9 hours ago, Owlrus said:

I chose them all after some consideration. In truth, I would love to see all the biomes get some more stuff to make them unique and worth visiting/basing.

This and having the Lunar Moon Mutations bringing things around the constant to life in wacky ways.

Time to shamelessly plug Minespatchs idea in- Crab Apple Trees.. trees that drop literal Apples that are also Crabs. Morsel & Fruit source in one Mob? Sure why not.. it’s Moon Magic.

Which has been the whole Theme of Return of Them updates..

Archived