How to help players without resources at Cooperative servers

1 minute ago, nikk said:

Reported (and ignored) Capybara007 to mods for off-topic messages.

I haven't been on these forums for that long, but to see something like this is... certainly an experience! 

But also... he's been nothing but on-topic. If you have no comebacks, just stop while you're ahead.

1 hour ago, nikk said:

Try to guess.

133190093_Screenshotfrom2021-10-0717-43-14.png.3685a08f85e3cdb25a9e999b7526d6fc.png

You need a real "big" brain with no good stuff to speak about random players and griefers for 2 days in a row.

I hope mods fix this mess in my thread.

You keep saying it's not for new players, not for randomly joining people, not for players coming to not-password protected servers. 

Who is it for then??? Your family joining your private server? Just fetch them from spawn then! Your friends joining your dedicated server? Then why would we need this list, I'm pretty sure we can figure stuff like this out on our own with our friends in private. 

Also: birds drop starting resources for newly joined players. There are starting items for them as well. Doing a small base at spawn is a matter of preference.

Also you're being awfully rude. You might need a bigger brain to fit some empathy in there.

7 minutes ago, nikk said:

Reported (and ignored) Walk the Plank to mods for off-topic messages.

I know you are going to report me, so why not say this: you don't understand the use of reporting, and you don't know how to start or finish an argument. Take some classes on it maybe, practice with more discussions, but its never a good idea to just block the people that disagree with you.

2 hours ago, nikk said:
4 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Why invest so heavily to the development of the portal area when one Lazy Deserter will be enough to teleport the players strait to the base?

You don't need anything to mark a portal. Everyone knows where it is.

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Man, you don't mark the Portal with Lazy Deserter, it's for teleporting players via channeling.

1 hour ago, nikk said:

Nobody except you said that.

"Bruh! BRUH!"

By this point you either have problems comprehending what you read, don't pay attention, use some erroneous translation tool or, more likely - just trolling. And I take back this: "...lil authoritarian conduct..." - it's totally authoritarian; gods help the poor chaps ending in your server with all this "report/ignore/ban" mentality. Very constructive dialogue and good way of taking criticism.

Also, for the record, since is pretty clear you don't play pubs yourself: Co-Op tag is just that, a general tag with no real meaning as what actual game-play goes behind it. I have seen Co-Op pubs with PVP enabled, I had the displeasure of being in Co-Op servers where a group of people bossed everyone around and who didn't comply was kicked out with many invectives flying left-and-right, Co-Op with traps at spawn and all over the place (Cave entrances, Touchstones, etc), where people were swearing you like in a country tavern because you took some item from somewhere random and so on. Is just a guideline to which you may or may not adhere. Spoiler in pubs: most don't, playing alone, dying alone, looting alone other lonely dead players.

You can place backpacks near portal containing an axe, pickaxe, and torch.

It's psychology but it's easier to steal items when they are all in one basket, rather than collecting every single item from different sources. Even newcomer Wilsons aren't that keen on stealing tools.

How to help joining players in a public server without griefers, trolls, pros, etc.:

1. Set up a base right next to spawn with everything included
  2. Always make sure that everyone who joins gets their inventory filled with items
  3. Don't ask yourself where you can obtain all the required items just do it, always make sure that the base doesn't disappear for some reason, make sure that everyone gets items and don't waste your time doing something else besides sitting at spawn and greeting everyone
  4. If someone doesn't obey or disagrees with step 1-3, report them to the admins, press on the 'Ignore User' button on their profile and leave a totally unnecessary reply on your topic to demonstrate your powers

5 minutes ago, KeshS said:

You can place backpacks near portal containing an axe, pickaxe, and torch.

It's psychology but it's easier to steal items when they are all in one basket, rather than collecting every single item from different sources. Even newcomer Wilsons aren't that keen on stealing tools.

My opinion is that cooperative playstyle isn't about "stealing".

26 minutes ago, nikk said:

They even cite my message with "How to help" question...

Reported (and ignored) BezKa to mods for off-topic messages.

Dude slow down mods are gonna trip over all these reports

Also how is my post not on topic? 

And if someone needs resources in game they can just... Pick them up? From grass Tufts, and saplings? Mine rocks? You know, play the game?

Or speak up in chat, and you can tell them where's base, or meet up and give some stuff to them?

Just now, BezKa said:

Dude slow down mods are gonna trip over all these reports

Also how is my post not on topic? 

And if someone needs resources in game they can just... Pick them up? From grass Tufts, and saplings? Mine rocks? You know, play the game?

Or speak up in chat, and you can tell them where's base, or meet up and give some stuff to them?

He ignored you, he won't even see your message. No point in responding to him anymore.

1 minute ago, Starlogy said:

He ignored you, he won't even see your message. No point in responding to him anymore.

I kind of forgot that blocking people is called ignoring on forums. I thought he just said "ignored" as in literally, without the function. 

It's so funny though. 

Archived