[Game Update] - Public Testing 481116

• Developer

Hi everyone,

Today's patch for the Public Testing branch contains a bunch of fixes to the worldgen features we've been developing, as well as a couple new world traits to check out. It also introduces several new achievements for Spaced Out! owners.

Full patch notes below. If you'd like to try the Public Testing branch you can follow the instructions listed here.

Features:

• Spaced Out! Only:
    • Added Crashed Satellites world trait.
    • Added Distress Signal world trait on non-starting worlds.
    • Added new achievements:
      • Radical Trip
      • Sweeter Than Honey
      • Morale High Ground
      • That's Rad!
    • The Duplicant in the Cryotank 3000 will now always spawn with the "Ancient Knowledge" trait, granting them 3 skill points and preventing them from spawning with any traits that make them bad at tasks.

Changes & Improvements:

• Updated all localizations
  • Adjusted Database elements and recipes consumers/producers layout alignment
  • Spaced Out! Only:
    • Changed Materials Science research to Applied Sciences research 
    • Added description string for mid-sized swampy asteroid 
    • Added unique asteroid art for the Classic Rime Cluster
    • Adjustments to how the new game cluster selection screen layout responds to different screen resolutions.
    • Worldgen: 
      • Replaced the Rust biome on Classic Rime's second world with Frozen.
      • Sound:
      • Added sound for Temporal Tear Opener

Fixes:

• Spaced Out! Only:
    • Worldgen:
      • Magma Channels can no longer spawn right beside the starting location.
      • Removed Superconductive Asteroid's crust, which was unintentionally added. 
      • Enable Geo Active and Geo Dormant traits for the classic style Large Forest Cluster and Large Swamp Cluster. 
      • Starting worlds in classic style clusters have more random geysers and can include (large) Volcanos and Leaky Oil Fissures.
      • Removed Tungsten and Niobium volcanoes from possible geysers on the Classic Rime Cluster.
      • Volcanic Activity world trait uses Abyssalite border over Granite.
      • Fixed Frozen Core trait on Oily Swamp Asteroid.
      • Improved Swampy Asteroid placement of AETN.
      • Removed Alternate Pod Location trait from "landing site" asteroids.
      • Improved Rusty Oil Asteroid's placement of Oil Reservoirs.
      • Improved Tundra Asteroid's placement of Iron Volcanoes.  
      • Fixed oil world traits on Rusty Oil Asteroid.
    • Fixed "colony lacks skill" tooltip on Materials Study Terminal.
    • Fixed Temporal Tear Opener animation playback issue.
    • Fixed coordinate prefix of classic Rime cluster.
    • Fixed Interplanetary Launcher and Landing Beacon not detecting obstructions on certain worlds.
    • Fixed an issue where building on a Regolith Asteroid could result in infinite digging. 

View full update

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 2

awesome patch!  i hope you guys keep adding to the replayability of the game.  i'd love to see some SO only traits like "active core" to get volcanoes in the core like rime does.  or a mini geo active trait, just 1-2 extra random covered geysers.  maybe a 'teeming' trait to increase native critters or some traits to do with temp that applies to the whole asteroid instead of just the core/crust

btw could we get space scanners back for the regolith asteroid?  i know some people have colonized the asteroid now and dust comets aren't that dangerous but it would be nice.  or comets during half the day so we can time it out or something would be nice

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, JarrettM said:

The Duplicant in the Cryotank 3000 will now always spawn with the "Ancient Knowledge" trait, granting them 3 skill points and preventing them from spawning with any traits that make them bad at tasks.

At least this makes the cryotank a bit more worthwhile, I usually avoid it but this seems more reasonable.

• Like 8

I made a GeoSortaAcitve trait for myself.  Adds GeoActive to Spaced Out starting worlds (+2 generic geysers) and to the lesser asteroids (+1 generic geyser).

Devs, you should totally copy this.

I'm already thinking ahead... GeoRandom!  For the large asteroids you get anywhere between -4 and +5 random geysers.  But you won't know until you explore the map!  I need to start making this.... 

• Haha 2

it seems the new classic rime asteroid gets beetas and saturn critter traps on the main asteroid.  idk if that's intentional but seems off, rime also naturally doesn't get any slicksters like in the base game unless you get an oil trait

the achievement 'morale high ground' has "alien research data" as its requirement.  it feels odd that it doesn't have a required dupe count too, just requires everyone, even if everyone is 1 or 80 dupes

the cryopads are not destructable.  could you guys add them to the demolition list?  preferably only after they've been emptied/defrosted

the SO swamp main asteroid -can- get geoactive/geodormant traits.  i saw a leaky oil fissure on the SO swamp as well, SWMP-C-972500456-0

edit:  the SO swamp main asteroid can get metal volcanoes as well currently with geoactive.  SWMP-C-1501413762-0 has an iron and a cobalt volcano, i've seen sulfur geysers as well

the magma biome with neutronium sucks on the superconductive biome

image.thumb.png.1d97c34406bb1a51f999916e20429b70.png

Edited by zach123b
more stuff
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Hi everyone,

Today's patch for the Public Testing branch contains a bunch of fixes to the worldgen features we've been developing, as well as a couple new world traits to check out. It also introduces several new achievements for Spaced Out! owners.

Full patch notes below. If you'd like to try the Public Testing branch you can follow the instructions listed here.

Changes & Improvements:

• Updated all localizations
  • Adjusted Database elements and recipes consumers/producers layout alignment
  • Spaced Out! Only:
    • Changed Materials Science research to Applied Sciences research 
    • Added description string for mid-sized swampy asteroid 

Is it the right time to remind the metallic caves still don't have a description (WORLD_TRAITS.METAL_CAVES.DESCRIPTION)

and that some skills are still marked WIP in the localization template? (DUPLICANTS.ROLES.USELESSSKILL.NAME, DUPLICANTS.ROLES.THERMAL_SUIT_WEARER.NAME, DUPLICANTS.ROLES.THERMAL_SUIT_WEARER.DESCRIPTION)

• Like 2

Please fix Magma Channels completely erasing the minor volcanoes in the volcanic biome.  I have to purposely avoid this world trait because it makes the starting world lack a replenishable source of magma.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2021 at 1:58 AM, JarrettM said:

The Duplicant in the Cryotank 3000 will now always spawn with the "Ancient Knowledge" trait, granting them 3 skill points and preventing them from spawning with any traits that make them bad at tasks.

Oh wow, so now we shouldn't expect a flatulent doctor who has to be quietly murdered and never spoken of again?

• Haha 2

@JarrettM could you please update logic port offsets in radbolt buildings before todays release? It's changing a few numbers in the code, 10 minutes of work max, but it would make them much more consistent. Currently they are scattered all around the buildings, sometimes in the corner, sometimes in X axis with radbolt port but with random Y offsets, it looks really messy... I'd suggest to place them at the same tile as radbolt port, but any kind of consistency would be good. Thanks a lot!

Btw - have you considered adding Logic Activation Parameter sliders to those buildings like reservoirs have? Would be really nice feature, but for sure much more work than changing 4 offsets so I could understand if you didn't want to rush it today :)

Thanks a lot for this great feature, I really love it and it was much needed :)

Edited by pether
  • Like 1

I think the logic output ports of rad buildings should be the opposite of what they are now, so that it turns red when the capacity is full and green when it is not. Because Radbolt is unnecessary not only when the capacity is full, but also when the building, especially Radbolt engine is not present.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mfd said:

I think the logic output ports of rad buildings should be the opposite of what they are now, so that it turns red when the capacity is full and green when it is not. Because Radbolt is unnecessary not only when the capacity is full, but also when the building, especially Radbolt engine is not present.

good catch