Anenemies

I suggested this exact thing too in the suggestions and feedback category a while ago, and probably others too. 

I have a world at day 7k with 11 anenemies, imagine. This way it would feel costly enough to get them so you can't mass produce or anything but you should be able to get more somehow. 

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Alternatively they could just naturally Respawn in the moon biomes out at sea and be explained away as “hehehe Moon Magic”

Seriously- I’m not joking, the moon has weird effects on everything in this game.. so Why not?

don't think moon magic would explain that moon's effect so far has been altering living and dead things just saying they respawn because they are a species would be easier

15 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

I do remember a bug during one of the beta's where they would spawn inside of the mosaic biome, i think it was from the meteors. Like seriously they would be everywhere

Considering that their natural biome is the lunar island, which is a piece of the moon and fell from the sky, their appearance in this way seems almost logical and in the crazy spirit of the game. XD

A minute of crazy theories - it always seemed to me that anenemies and skittersquids are kinda similar. Purple, in the form of a star and with teeth. It would be fun if they were like caterpillars and butterflies - one creature that changes in the course of life. Or maybe anenemies are actually dead skittersquids, washed ashore like kelps and mutated under the influence of the moon into this kind of predatory plants. This could explain the presence of white teeth - this is the same mutation as in toothy moon hounds. And most importantly, skittersquids are renewable - they appear every new moon. Which means that they can swim to the lunar island and turn into anenemies there as much as they and you want.

Archived