Can we please get to add gems to color Wanda's watches please?

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i dont think they will let us use another kind of gem but purple for lore reasons but they could let us change the name of the clock with a pen

in the meantime, clicking a clock near a mark makes the mark perform an animation, in that way you can know which clock activates a mark

I don't mean to change the gem on top of the watch but to encrust it somewhere else or allow it to simply color the watch

and yeap...  the pencil would be my preferred idea too

Currently I just place mine in a chest and use the skin of the chest to tell me where it goes. 

Since I've always had a habit of organizing biome exclusive items by chests skins it helps to indicate where a watch goes. For example, the ruins chest skin from the matheus puzzle has my watch that goes to the ruins (plus there's gems in it too). You can also still activate your watches from your chests so you don't have to carry them on you at all times. This is the method I use in the mean time. The only watch I carry on me for now is the one that goes to base (its how I ditch hounds lol).

I like your idea of marking them with a pencil though. Then I could stick them all in a single chest.

6 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Currently I just place mine in a chest and use the skin of the chest to tell me where it goes. 

Since I've always had a habit of organizing biome exclusive items by chests skins it helps to indicate where a watch goes. For example, the ruins chest skin from the matheus puzzle has my watch that goes to the ruins (plus there's gems in it too). You can also still activate your watches from your chests so you don't have to carry them on you at all times. This is the method I use in the mean time. The only watch I carry on me for now is the one that goes to base (its how I ditch hounds lol).

I like your idea of marking them with a pencil though. Then I could stick them all in a single chest.

same I put them in chest with a sign and with statues BUUUUUUTTT to keep them in your inventory might be cool we do need some sort mark them

There is already a mod about changing the name with a pen. Although it's fresh, so they still fix the bugs. But most likely in the near future it will be finished.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2602814715

As for the main game, I'm not sure if they will do anything about it. The inability to distinguish between different clocks can be considered part of the balance for such a strong item. This, and also the fact that the purple gem already has a purpose and can't be used for this.

4 minutes ago, Lokena said:

There is already a mod about changing the name with a pen. Although it's fresh, so they still fix the bugs. But most likely in the near future it will be finished.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2602814715

As for the main game, I'm not sure if they will do anything about it. The inability to distinguish between different clocks can be considered part of the balance for such a strong item. This, and also the fact that the purple gem already has a purpose and can't be used for this.

relying on "there is a mod for that" isn't really a permanent and reliable solution to solve a problem in the game!

and yes that mod is broken so that doesn't help now either

23 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

i've started using an idea i saw in a video where you put watches in a chest then "label" them with items the area comes from
you put the watches in one row, then the items above the watch corresponding to the location it goes to (shell bell for pearl's island, thulecite for ruins, etc.)

I already do that .... I got signs and chests but when you carry them in the inventory and have more than one then is yikes

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

relying on "there is a mod for that" isn't really a permanent and reliable solution to solve a problem in the game!

and yes that mod is broken so that doesn't help now either

It's not broken, it's just not finished yet. This mod is only a couple of days old, as well as everything that applies to Wanda in general. Give it time.

And I'm not arguing that mods should always be the solution, it's just one of the possible options. If you don't like the idea of using mods, I'm not forcing anyone, but just mentioning its existence doesn't contradict the topic. Someone may find it useful, even if it's a temporary solution. And this doesn't mean that I don't agree that this is a useful feature and it would be nice to see it in the main game.

2 minutes ago, Lokena said:

It's not broken, it's just not finished yet. This mod is only a couple of days old, as well as everything that applies to Wanda in general. Give it time.

And I'm not arguing that mods should always be the solution, it's just one of the possible options. If you don't like the idea of using mods, I'm not forcing anyone, but just mentioning its existence doesn't contradict the topic. Someone may find it useful, even if it's a temporary solution. And this doesn't mean that I don't agree that this is a useful feature and it would be nice to see it in the main game.

it does contradict the topic cuz the idea is having a thing that even console players can use for the base game and also I added another idea to color the clocks or adding a little decoration with gems

mods are awesome but I don't want the discussion derailed to "there is a mod for that"

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

it does contradict the topic cuz the idea is having a thing that even console players can use for the base game and also I added another idea to color the clocks or adding a little decoration with gems

mods are awesome but I don't want the discussion derailed to "there is a mod for that"

Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't want my suggestion to sound like an excuse to close the topic because someone from the fan base had already thought of it. And I agree that console players shouldn't be deprived of any added features. Also, I really like the idea of inlaying. Maybe they can use moon lenses for this, instead of just gems? Many have been trying to find more applications in crafting for them.

I just have the rightmost watch in my inventory teleport me to the base and the watch to the left of it teleport me to wherever else is an important area. Any more than that and I can put watches in chests in the base with signs and/or skins telling me where to go.

Not saying making it easier to tell which goes where is a bad thing, though. Just sharing how I keep track. My inventory is already pretty cluttered with a pair of ageless watches, a backstep watch, and a second chance watch so filling it up even more with a bunch of backtrek watches wouldn't work for me since I don't generally wear backpacks.

I love Wanda clocks as is. You can make a whole system however you like. I'll share mine even tho nobody asked. 

I like to build telebase where I keep all of the teleport watches (except for 2 I carry on me). Each location has a seperate chest even if it only has 1 clock in it.

I have 6 chest for land, 6 for caves and 6 for ocean content + chest in the middle for 9 clocks that lead to telebase. 

Chests labled as Important locations have more than one clock in them, and if locations are close to each other I also keep them in the same chest.

for example: oasis and antlion clocks are in the same chest, and Pearl island has 3 clocks leading to it since it's my vibing zone.  

10 clocks that lead to telebase in total, and I always carry one of them on me and swap right after using to a fresh one.

And lasty, a disposable clocks chest with clocks I'm gonna break later + inactive clocks.

Here is a simple trick: always carry on yourself 1 clock to telebase and 1 clock that isn't active. Whenever you want to go anywhere - activate unused one and then teleport to telebase. Swap them both for same fresh ones, do whatever it is you wanted to do and then use the resently activated one while keeping it in chest to go back wherever you were. Then later just deconstruct it. This way you can be anywhere at any time. 

3 hours ago, amogus said:

It would be nice, but imo a bit too cheap

Maybe make it require a piece of moon glass to etch writing on the watch? idk

It's... literally a label? So you can remember where your watch will take you? The watch itself is already fairly expensive, I don't see how something that would be BASIC quality of life should be so expensive

1 minute ago, 0bit said:

It's... literally a label? So you can remember where your watch will take you? The watch itself is already fairly expensive, I don't see how something that would be BASIC quality of life should be so expensive

i'm just spitballing :smile:

11 hours ago, zenburu said:

Or they could add skins for Backtreck Watches to help us differentiate them, just like they did with Wormholes.

Although this would work, and It is a good idea, it would probably be too time consuming for klei to add at least 4 or 5 skins. It also sets the issue that unlike with wormholes, that show you the skin on the other side, is not entirely clear for the watches of where they go unless you know the skins pattern made up by whoever placed it.

I think the different chests system is good enough and you only need to carry one with you (or 2 at most, with one open to make new anchors). That said the main problem comes in pubs if other people starts taking them and not placing them in the correct spots, or if something destroys the chests containing them. You need to test them to know where they go again.

It would certainly be convenient if we could write on them, even if it’s a simple word. If you need to re-purpose your watch you need to disarm it, so whatever you wrote on it will disappear anyway.

But like I said this change, to me, is not a pressing matter really since the chests system works great and you would always do better using them from chests than carrying more than one or two on you.

Just now, HowlVoid said:

$5.99 to color your watch yellow.

Idk man I think it would make the game pay-to-win. 

I mean, the chest method is enough. But skins would help. 
Also Wanda is a paid character, same with wormholes skins and chests skins that help us differenciate them and save time, so it's nothing new.

Of course being able to write on it as ShadowDuelist said would be a better option. 

Ok here is the absolute simplest system I can come up with:

When Wanda opens her map and she has Watches in her inventory all relevant teleporting locations will be displayed by an icon on your map. The icon is the same as the one used to mark your teleporting location by the backtrek watch.

When you need to see locations underground you can go to the nearest sinkhole or its time Klei let us toggle between maps like most games do.

3 minutes ago, zenburu said:

I mean, the chest method is enough. But skins would help. 
Also Wanda is a paid character, same with wormholes skins and chests skins that help us differenciate them and save time, so it's nothing new.

Well because Wanda is a paid character, some people may be bothered with the fact that you need to pay again for a qol effect. 

Wormholes can be marked by other means like tiles and skins on chests is more for aesthetic reasons. 

I think with how expensive watches are and how inconvenient it for the player to have to remember where each watch goes, perhaps its best they just outright tell you the location.

Having to test each watch to get your bearing is a waste of the players time I think; its not hard, just time consuming.

8 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Wormholes can be marked by other means like tiles and skins on chests is more for aesthetic reasons. 

Skins on chests are really helpful for saving time, instead of opening all of your chests to see which one has the thing you're looking for. And yes, wormholes, chests and backtrek watches can be marked by other means. So skins would be helpful but not necessary.

Archived