Can we please get to add gems to color Wanda's watches please?

15 minutes ago, zenburu said:

Skins on chests are really helpful for saving time, instead of opening all of your chests to see which one has the thing you're looking for. And yes, wormholes, chests and backtrek watches can be marked by other means. So skins would be helpful but not necessary.

True, I just hope for a in-game way to tell before we consider skins. (Which we'll probably get at some point anyways)

One thing I like to do is similar to what people did before the introduction of Wormhole Skins; place a Moonlens of any type next to an anchor point, but also place an identical gem STAFF next to the corresponding watch in my inventory. I like to use staves because they still represent the gem of their type but also serve a good purpose outside of just identifying the watch; so I usually start with an Ice Staff and a Star-Caller's Staff but if I still have anchor points to spare I'll use a Fire Staff, Lazy Explorer, etc. However if you have like 10 anchor points or more, you're better off just pairing them with an item associative of their location (but if you have that many anchors...I think you have a bigger problem in general).

True you're sinking a couple extra slots just to know where you're going, but I like using the Piggyback with her anyways because of how you're able to shorten hikes with the watches so the speed penalty becomes negligable in the long-run.

4 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

$5.99 to color your watch yellow.

Idk man I think it would make the game pay-to-win. 

You can already buy skins for chests to make organizing much faster and easier, buy skins for wormholes to figure out where they go, buy skins for bundling wrap to differentiate its contents, buy Wurt so you can swap to her to make merm farms (unique to her), buy Wormwood so you can swap to him to more efficiently make huge farms and some living logs while you're at it, buy Wortox for an easier early game, and buy Wanda herself to be able to teleport around the map.

I don't think buying skins for her watches is much of a concern.

28 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

You can already buy skins for chests to make organizing much faster and easier, buy skins for wormholes to figure out where they go, buy skins for bundling wrap to differentiate its contents, buy Wurt so you can swap to her to make merm farms (unique to her), buy Wormwood so you can swap to him to more efficiently make huge farms and some living logs while you're at it, buy Wortox for an easier early game, and buy Wanda herself to be able to teleport around the map.

I don't think buying skins for her watches is much of a concern.

I was honestly joking because Klei was super awesome about giving the skins for Wormholes for free. 

But after reading your comment maybe the game really is pay to win lmao

4 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I was honestly joking because Klei was super awesome about giving the skins for Wormholes for free. 

But after reading your comment maybe the game really is pay to win lmao

It's a little pay to win, yeah. Not very much, though. You have a few minor advantages you can buy but they're mostly conveniences. Compare it to a game like Dead by Daylight where you need to buy a bunch of different $5 characters to get perks that will make it so you don't instantly lose games when you face good players and are at an enormous disadvantage unless you're spending $30+ on DLC. Or a game like Warframe or Payday 2 where the entirety of it is just microtransactions. Or a game like Black Desert Online where you can spend hundreds of dollars on a single weapon. DST is a very tolerable level of pay to win.

27 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

It's a little pay to win, yeah. Not very much, though. You have a few minor advantages you can buy but they're mostly conveniences. Compare it to a game like Dead by Daylight where you need to buy a bunch of different $5 characters to get perks that will make it so you don't instantly lose games when you face good players and are at an enormous disadvantage unless you're spending $30+ on DLC. Or a game like Warframe or Payday 2 where the entirety of it is just microtransactions. Or a game like Black Desert Online where you can spend hundreds of dollars on a single weapon. DST is a very tolerable level of pay to win.

I don't actually mind pay to win games if they're single player games/pve. I have spent quite a bit of money on creation club content for skyrim because their is no way for me to get mods otherwise. (They are a bit expensive...)

I think pay to win can be done right as long as it doesn't substitute actual content in the game. Klei has a very nice balance with purchasable content and I think they continue to do a good job in this balancing act. I think the payed for content in DST is more than just tolerable, its not intrusive at all and does not replace any actual content in the game. They are side-grades in reality and I give them very high props for maintaining that pattern with every release. Like Joe says they aren't perfect, but this is definitely one of the things they got right. Having said that, I don't think their is any real pay to win content in dst. Wanda, Wurt, Wortox, etc, are pretty balanced in their own right and their perks all have non game breaking costs.

Archived