Q-o-L Mega Wishlist!

1 minute ago, Hornete said:

You know what the tin fishing bin is right?

Yes I do but what your saying is rather than killing merms or fishing in a pond next to the king I should go sailing around the sea gathering up ocean fish then empty my inventory and carrying these fish to him from my boat do you not think that will take abit of time in comparison?

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

Yes I do but what your saying is rather than killing merms or fishing in a pond next to the king I should go sailing around the sea gathering up ocean fish then empty my inventory and carrying these fish to him from my boat do you not think that will take abit of time in comparison?

I'm not saying you should go to the ocean SPECIFICALLY just to get fish to give to Merm King. I haven't heard of anyone who goes to a biome for just ONE specific thing, generally they interact with multiple pieces of content in that area, and wouldn't you know it the ocean has multiple pieces of content that'd intertwine with the ocean fish. 

Even if you don't want to, you can still just use regular fish. No one's forcing you to go to the ocean to get rarer fish, but for those who DO catch rarer and heavier fish in their time on the ocean as Wurt, I think they should be rewarded with better loots when they trade to the Merm King.

On 9/16/2021 at 7:44 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Dragonfly fight Rework that completely breaks everyone’s Meta inbound! :lol:

But speaking of Bosses: In general they have unique fun mechanics and could be exciting fun content if they weren’t such a pain in the rear side to fight solo, there are options to toggle More/Less or None for these Bosses- But what does that actually DO? I was under the assumption it meant I could lower their health/damage to make the fights more fun to do Solo.. but that doesn’t appear to be what those toggles do.

With the upcoming QoL can we get actual options to adjust boss health pools? &/Or Better descriptions in the toggle menu’s of what changing those things actually DOES to the world? I had to resort to Wiki just to find out what World Loops & Branches were.. This can be confusing when it probably shouldn’t be? 

The settings affect the bosses timers and/or chances to spawn, pretty much like most other creature settings in the world customization.

I'm not sure if adding more text to descriptions for tinier world settings would really do much more than confuse people either to be honest, though it would be nice if a few tiny explanations could be sprinkled here and there... somewhere... no idea where though honestly. Same for settings like mob health, not sure if adding a seperate setting for each boss' health wouldnt be a bit much though I would like to see some more settings along those lines in some way.

Speaking of descriptions though, one thing I definitely think warrants adjustment is the descriptions of the different game modes (or maybe an adjustment of the modes themselves?). It's really weird to me how not only some information about mode exclusive things, such as grass, twigs and berries only regrowing in endless worlds and not survival or wilderness, are neglected to mention (this is something that should probably be changed in my opinion, giving regrowth of the basic resources for all modes), in the case of wilderness it can be straight up confusing for new players because it mentions "Those you encounter may or may not be friendly", which literally means nothing.
Mobs aren't any more aggressive than in other modes, pvp is not tied to wilderness, a server's intent/playstyle dictates how players will most likely play on it (and even then it's not a guarantee, though still works better than just wilderness), that bullet point is just confusing at most.

Similarly I think it's strange how there is an online toggle at the bottom of these settings which can not be adjusted whatsoever, at least not to my knowledge. Being able to change whether a server is online or offline could open a few smaller possibilities for converting online worlds to offline ones and vice versa (of course since skin ownership is not really possible to check in an offline world maybe revert things back to their default skin if toggled from online to offline?)

3 hours ago, Hornete said:

I'm not saying you should go to the ocean SPECIFICALLY just to get fish to give to Merm King. I haven't heard of anyone who goes to a biome for just ONE specific thing, generally they interact with multiple pieces of content in that area, and wouldn't you know it the ocean has multiple pieces of content that'd intertwine with the ocean fish. 

Even if you don't want to, you can still just use regular fish. No one's forcing you to go to the ocean to get rarer fish, but for those who DO catch rarer and heavier fish in their time on the ocean as Wurt, I think they should be rewarded with better loots when they trade to the Merm King.

While I'm sure the idea is to not effect the current trading system outside of giving new rewards or lowering the value of the current system i don't see how they could make it worth it and the latter is truly what worries me when I see this suggestion as what felt like a ok transaction became horrible for the sake of ocean fishing and anytime I see the possibility of increasing Wurt's involvement with the ocean I get worried.

5 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

While I'm sure the idea is to not effect the current trading system outside of giving new rewards or lowering the value of the current system i don't see how they could make it worth it and the latter is truly what worries me when I see this suggestion as what felt like a ok transaction became horrible for the sake of ocean fishing and anytime I see the possibility of increasing Wurt's involvement with the ocean I get worried.

isnt about being better than other methods but have the option

they could even do that the king gives you gems, different color for differnt fish and only if is a big one

i would like to be able to chose which menu animation and music i want. I will miss the wanda one

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

isnt about being better than other methods but have the option

they could even do that the king gives you gems, different color for differnt fish and only if is a big one

i would like to be able to chose which menu animation and music i want. I will miss the wanda one

And if they went this route I'd be somewhat fine(still would want the current loot box style system to use a stackable currency or be removed entirely but eh) but I can't see them doing something like this as it would greatly devalue sunken chests.

Atleast from my experience it feels like Wurt wasn't designed with the fishing update in mind and as such it has made her far more tedious than she should be. 

12 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

but I can't see them doing something like this as it would greatly devalue sunken chests.

this doesnt mean they can also change the loot from sunken chest and the chances of getting a new mark

even if they dont, it doesnt devalues sunken chest, how can it make them less useful when you will be founding pearl's bottles when trying to fish?you will actually interact more with them

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

this doesnt mean they can also change the loot from sunken chest and the chances of getting a new mark

even if they dont, it doesnt devalues sunken chest, how can it make them less useful when you will be founding pearl's bottles when trying to fish?you will actually interact more with them

Guess we'll just have to wait and see just hope Wurt doesn't end up walking away feeling even worse like the last time.

On 9/10/2021 at 7:00 PM, Hornete said:

Chat Censors

Hide contents

Klei implemented a great feature where swears and slurs in the names of servers will be censored. Unfortunately the same doesn't apply to the in-game chat, so I think it should!

i agree to everything but this 

i dont want any message bot interrupting my texts 

what is this,

roblox?

46 minutes ago, HellHeater said:

i agree to everything but this 

i dont want any message bot interrupting my texts 

what is this,

roblox?

It's not much, I'm not asking for swears to be censored, nah I love swearing. I'm asking for genuinely harmful slurs to be censored. And I'm asking for an option on the client side, not a forced thing for everyone. This feature already exists in the form of server names anyways.

3 hours ago, Hornete said:

It's not much, I'm not asking for swears to be censored, nah I love swearing. I'm asking for genuinely harmful slurs to be censored. And I'm asking for an option on the client side, not a forced thing for everyone. This feature already exists in the form of server names anyways.

The game has Chat censors on the Xbox version, it is actually highly annoying more then it is helpful…

You can’t type “You are about to Die” or “I am at 6hp please help I am about to die..”

Because apparently saying the word Die in a game ALL ABOUT DYING OR NEARLY DYING is a huge No-No..

Wasnt DST rated 13+? I’m pretty sure I’ve heard the word Die a billion times in kids games when bosses kept trying to kill me in games like SPYRO THE DRAGON & CRASH BANDICOOT back in the day..

Anytime a game gets a Chat Censor- it honestly feels like it does more Harm then it does good…. There was this Zombie game I played once where the word ZOMBIE was censored- And you want to know why??? Because apparently Zombie was related to drugs somehow.

Censor-ship is stupid, blocking swear words is fine.. blocking adult language I can understand too- but blocking the word Die in a game where any second that’s something that can happen to you? That’s a bit too far…

Instead I have to type “please help 2hp about to be dead” or “If you don’t leave base right now Deerclops is going to spawn and make sure you AND your base kick the bucket”

I want a QoL that specifically uncensor’s the word Die.

4 hours ago, Hornete said:

ooooh sorry about that i misunderstood i agree then my bad im dumb

I don't like how when you're wearing an eyebrella rain is quiet, but when you get under a giant tree (witch i use to cover my base from summer heat most of time) while still wearing an eyebrella rain gets even louder then when you're not protected at all. I know it's a weird complain, but this realy drains my sanity irl.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:00 PM, Hornete said:

However, unfortunately this does not apply to inventory actions like fueling an item, or eating food, you have to keep clicking. So let's bring this feature to them !

So this is a bad time to suggest that survivors choke if they don't respect chewing time? (Like what happens when you don't paddle right).

Really solid suggestions overall. I especially like your point about the Construction Amulet, it would be nice to have Green Gems be relevant for speedrunning not just megabasing.

However there are a couple that jut don't work,

• Controllers don't have an active inventory slot, and honestly neither should mouse & keyboard. Items you're holding in your hand should also require an inventory slot.
  • Water balloons not working on mobs is intentional. It's already extremely easy with just two players to get max damage in first autumn (Warly + Wolfgang, I don't know how Wanda is balanced). Being able to control wetness would allow those two players to crank up damage even higher by using a Morningstar.
  • How the hell is censorship ever a good thing? People should have the right to say whatever the **** they want to say, corporations be damned. Consequences need to come after actions, not before actions.

1 hour ago, JaxckLl said:

How the hell is censorship ever a good thing? People should have the right to say whatever the **** they want to say, corporations be damned. Consequences need to come after actions, not before actions.

local gamer is distraught because they can't be racist or homophobic

One QoL feature I would wish for is that when the ruins regen the plants should also regen! (Saplings, Grass tuffts, Banana trees, Berry Bushes)

On 9/10/2021 at 6:00 PM, Hornete said:

Wurt Hat Fix

Hide contents

image.png.7444ab2b570bafb8b7db565f6f950948.png

Wurt can look really bad with some hats, this is mostly due to her much shorter than average size compared to other characters.

Perhaps a way to fix this could be making a new AnimState function that offsets symbols by a certain amount in all animations of the entity? So the "swap_hat" symbol could be lowered for Wurt?

I once asked for a physical Wurt Update and still to this day nothing chaged :( so I wouldn't get my hopes high on the hat thing

10 minutes ago, Sera_chan said:

I once asked for a physical Wurt Update and still to this day nothing chaged :( so I wouldn't get my hopes high on the hat thing

Oh I have one million and one changes I would do to Wurt if I could, she's got so much cool potential but she falls flat the most out of all the new DST characters imo.

5 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Oh I have one million and one changes I would do to Wurt if I could, she's got so much cool potential but she falls flat the most out of all the new DST characters imo.

Taking a look at your profile and your mods I think Klei should just employ you xD 

On 9/13/2021 at 1:55 PM, SomebodyRandom said:

Pretty sure this wasn't implemented because the Moon's prying eyes can't reach the Caves without a little help. So why not add a gadget to let the Moon see the portal, so we could use this caves portal?

If lore-wise the problem is that the moon can't see the sky, the florid postern could be made to spawn in the lunar grotto, which is full of vitreoases that supposedly pierce the "ceiling".

As of my own suggestion, I'd a trade inn rework!
I'd like the trade inn to be able to accept clothing of any tier and even different tiers at the same time: for example, rather than getting a classy skin only by using 9 commons, I'd like to be able to get a classy skin also by using 6 commons and a classy, or even one single spiffy skin (9 commons = 45 spools usually give 1 classy, 1 spiffy = 50 spools would give 1 classy). 
The tier of the resulting item would then be tied to the total sum of spool spent: for example, 45 spools worth of traded-in skins would make a classy item much more likely than any other tier, 135 spools worth of traded-in skins would make you get at least a spiffy, 450 spools worth of traded-in skins would make you get at least a distinguished skin.
It would also be nice to be able to trade distinguished skin in the trade inn, so you can get a guaranteed elegant skin from it. And perhaps, even trading in elegants to reach the quota for another elegant: like in the first example I made where with 6 commons and a classy you'd get another classy, with 6 distinguished and an elegant you could get another elegant.
Making the amount of traded-in items even more flexible, it would be nice to be able to trade more than 9 items: perhaps, using the quota system I explained above, I could reach the 450 quota (for distinguished/elegant items) by using 90 common skins. The opportunity for even contemplating this thought never presented itself before I had this idea, but now that it's in my mind, I think that if I had 90 common skins, I would trade them in… :wilson_blush:

Last wish: fix this tragedy.

On 10/2/2021 at 8:41 AM, Hornete said:

local gamer is distraught because they can't be racist or homophobic

Dude, don't be such a ****. People should be allowed to communicate in whatever way they feel appropriate to convey how they feel. That is not a sanction for prejudice, that's a statement of opposition to unilateral censorship by corporations.

Archived