bsod clock watchdog timeout

Not sure if it's oni or mods problem, but it happened twice today, my computer stops responding - no mouse/keyboard/etc

then the BSOD ( attached image in portuguese language )

Google translate:

"The device has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. We are collecting some information about the error and then we will reset it for you. 0% complete For more information about this issue and possible fixes, visit https://www.windows.com/stopcode If you call support, please provide this information: Stop Code: CLOCK WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT "

Anyone knows how to get a list of installed mods?

sshot-2021-08-14-[16-11-41]-1.png

Inspiring Tunnel Cycle 242.sav

I dont think ONI is the reason but a symptom.

CLOCK WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT points to a hardware issue.

This can be a faulty CPU (the worst case...).

It may occur also on overclocked CPUs, and it may occur with bad drivers (update them) or an issue with the used 3rd party antivirus suite

I would act as follows: Disable overclocking > test | Disable any third party antivirus > test. | Update all drivers > test, If really nothing helps a windows reinstall may solve it. It even this do not work... consult a computer repair service.

Well my CPU is not overclocked neither I have antivirus installed on this machine ( yes, shame on me lol )
What I did was chkdsk my drives and it did found some corrupted files, maybe that was the problem, I haven't checked again after this.

Strange thing is that it only happened while playing oni, I'll try later with mods on and off to see what happens.

Regarding the computer repair service you mention, I'm that guy from the repair service :oops:,
Maybe not a good one :D

Thanks for replying

There is no problem with not using a third party antivirus anymore. The build in windows defender is good enough.

Yeah corrupt files could be an issue, but i suggest du you run some tests.

And regarding its only occuring with ONI: The game stresses the CPU way beyond most of other games, while it nearly completely ignores GPUs.

If the CPU is faulty, this would be moment to fail.

I'm gonna run some cpu stress tool to see if it's faulty, thanks for your help

Do you know if there's any way to run oni without all the mods but also without unsubscribing from the steam workshop?

I don't want to go to the process of search the mods I'm used to play with oni again after I run the tests, it's kind of tedious...

Thanks for replying

On 8/16/2021 at 5:24 AM, SharraShimada said:

Disable the mods ingame via the mods menu? They are just disbled, but still there.

No, I'd like to play a clean install without any mods in oni folders, for a clean testing.

Nevermind, I just unsubscribed from all of them and started a new world, let's see what happens

16 hours ago, Morfeo said:

check your driver and look out for windows update, it happens often?

Windows update is up to date

7 hours ago, Ricardo F said:

Windows update is up to date

and this my friend can be an issue sometimes, I repair pc too in spare time (I'm a back-end develop.) and sometimes update from windows bring wrong driver or just an updated version of driver no longer adapt for old version of the same hardware

10 hours ago, Morfeo said:

and this my friend can be an issue sometimes, I repair pc too in spare time (I'm a back-end develop.) and sometimes update from windows bring wrong driver or just an updated version of driver no longer adapt for old version of the same hardware

Yeah thats microsofts fault. If there is a WHQL-certified driver, windows update will prefer to install this one over a newer one without certification.

So, why do hardware manufactures do not certify them? Because MS charges them money for doing so. So only major releases are being send to Microsoft. Everything in between... not.

On 8/14/2021 at 4:18 PM, Ricardo F said:

Not sure if it's oni or mods problem, but it happened twice today, my computer stops responding - no mouse/keyboard/etc

then the BSOD ( attached image in portuguese language )

Google translate:

"The device has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. We are collecting some information about the error and then we will reset it for you. 0% complete For more information about this issue and possible fixes, visit https://www.windows.com/stopcode If you call support, please provide this information: Stop Code: CLOCK WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT "

Anyone knows how to get a list of installed mods?

sshot-2021-08-14-[16-11-41]-1.png

Inspiring Tunnel Cycle 242.sav 2.67 MB · 1 download

That's awkward. It's most likely a bug in windows's faulty configuration.

De qualquer maneira, eu acredito que as sugestões aqui colocadas já resolveram o seu problema.

Archived