Worn out suits eject hundreds of O2 in bottles

I really like the idea of worn out suits, but they shouldn't leave the remaining oxygen in bottles just lying around - otherwise you have to inject hundreds of kilograms of O2 into your base, causing popped eardrums. Or dump it somewhere else. Couldn't the suits keep the oxygen attached to them at all times?

12 hours ago, Gurgel said:

I just put a canister emptier set to Oxygen and Prio 9 somewhere convenient. That solves the problem nicely.

nicely is not the adjective i would use: we're still talking about extra errands. You could put an auto sweeper next to the drop off, but still...

mind that at default difficulty worn suits happen only occasionally, at harder ones they're a pretty common occurrence.

24 minutes ago, Isidoro said:

nicely is not the adjective i would use: we're still talking about extra errands. You could put an auto sweeper next to the drop off, but still...

mind that at default difficulty worn suits happen only occasionally, at harder ones they're a pretty common occurrence.

Apparently you can't. In Vanilla bottles won't get sweeped by autosweeper. I tested it and it is really annoying. I agree that there is a problem with this feature. If there was a bottle to pipe filler and auto sweeper could grab bottles that would be nice.

28 minutes ago, Artorias36 said:

The whole mechanics of these worn atmo suits is a nuisance and this is just a side effect of that nuisance.

What we wanted was bug fixes and optimisations to the original game. What we got was a plethora of new bugs, weird mechanics introduced for seemlingly the sole purpose of annoying players, and a sprinkling of new stuff with questionable at best usefulness.

17 hours ago, Isidoro said:

It does solve the problem nicely. Compared to suit repair, the additional effort is minor. Optimization is subject to diminishing returns. You are in that area.

It is completely fine if you want to play that way, but solutions that are generally completely acceptable stop applying if you do that.

9 hours ago, Saturnus said:

What we wanted was bug fixes and optimisations to the original game. What we got was a plethora of new bugs, weird mechanics introduced for seemlingly the sole purpose of annoying players, and a sprinkling of new stuff with questionable at best usefulness.

Who is that "we" you are talking about? Pluralis majestatis?

3 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Who is that "we" you are talking about? Pluralis majestatis?

That "We" is anybody who played the game for more than 300 cycles and know how bad the game is optimized. You just need few critters in your base and some pipes to have a drastic fall into performances. It is even worse on the DLC as you discover more and more asteroids.

This is the main problem with the game if you plan to play for many cycles into one colony and little is done about it. While the focus seems to be on changing things that worked for many months without problems.

I mean the food change. Yeah i get it putting food on a pit of CO2 or Chlorine was too op, but now food spoils even if it is in a powered fridge. And it would be fine, but is a nonsense that if the fridge is oxygen enviroment it spoils faster than if it is in a Sterile enviroment. Why? I mean is inside the fridge. But hey it would be all good if they at least inserted a mechanics to tell the dupes how many calories per cycles they can cook without having to do it manually.

Same thing for the atmo suit. They were overpowered we knew that, so they made a low tier tech with gas masks. I don't know about others but i never use them. They need pumped oxygen like atmo suits, they exhale CO2 so you cannot use them in vacuums. They do not protect against enviroments. I rather spend 2 cycles researching the atmo suits than dealing with the gask masks. And the whole repair thing is not even a resource issue since it cost 1 fiber, is a nuisance. If you are building a vulcano tamer with 5 dupes, you often see 5 atmo suits under repair and you lose 1 cycle for nothing.

12 minutes ago, Artorias36 said:

That "We" is anybody who played the game for more than 300 cycles and know how bad the game is optimized. You just need few critters in your base and some pipes to have a drastic fall into performances. It is even worse on the DLC as you discover more and more asteroids.

This is the main problem with the game if you plan to play for many cycles into one colony and little is done about it. While the focus seems to be on changing things that worked for many months without problems.

I mean the food change. Yeah i get it putting food on a pit of CO2 or Chlorine was too op, but now food spoils even if it is in a powered fridge. And it would be fine, but is a nonsense that if the fridge is oxygen enviroment it spoils faster than if it is in a Sterile enviroment. Why? I mean is inside the fridge. But hey it would be all good if they at least inserted a mechanics to tell the dupes how many calories per cycles they can cook without having to do it manually.

Same thing for the atmo suit. They were overpowered we knew that, so they made a low tier tech with gas masks. I don't know about others but i never use them. They need pumped oxygen like atmo suits, they exhale CO2 so you cannot use them in vacuums. They do not protect against enviroments. I rather spend 2 cycles researching the atmo suits than dealing with the gask masks. And the whole repair thing is not even a resource issue since it cost 1 fiber, is a nuisance. If you are building a vulcano tamer with 5 dupes, you often see 5 atmo suits under repair and you lose 1 cycle for nothing.

All I am reading here is your personal opinion. I am part of that group you defined and called "we", and I do not support your opinion. Your opinion might be received better if you were mindful and spoke for yourself only.

20 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

The default in base game is "indestructible" so... worn suits never happen really

it happens on my dlc seed. It's not as frequent as the beginning, so i'm assuming i was pumping the wrong oxygen to the station or something.

then again, if it is not meant to happen it's a bug :D

21 hours ago, Tanmorik said:

Apparently you can't. In Vanilla bottles won't get sweeped by autosweeper. I tested it and it is really annoying. I agree that there is a problem with this feature. If there was a bottle to pipe filler and auto sweeper could grab bottles that would be nice.

My mistake, I have a mod for that.

16 minutes ago, Isidoro said:

it happens on my dlc seed.

DLC has many differences. That's why there is a different section in the forums to discuss about it. :)

Wrong element wouldn't cause suits/masks to eject their oxygen. Only when they get "worn" they eject a canister of any remaining oxygen

1 hour ago, Artorias36 said:

I used masks quite a bit early in the DLC, but I no longer use them. Once I figured out their downsides (CO2 emissions, no protection) I started getting atmo suits early again, and just having dupes wear an Atmo Suit when going through the teleporter or in a rocket, so I have an Atmo Suit at the destination. I also build Carpet tiles in spacefarer modules so I can dismantle them for reed fiber for repairs.

I don't find repair annoying, I just have an Exosuit Forge set to infinitely repair suits, and with suitable priorities they get repaired quickly. It was annoying before suits were automatically returned to the docks but now it can all be fully hands-off.

3 hours ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

All I am reading here is your personal opinion. I am part of that group you defined and called "we", and I do not support your opinion. Your opinion might be received better if you were mindful and spoke for yourself only.

Same here. And having some relevant CS background, I think it is amazing that ONI runs as well as it does.

57 minutes ago, blakemw said:

I used masks quite a bit early in the DLC, but I no longer use them. Once I figured out their downsides (CO2 emissions, no protection) I started getting atmo suits early again, and just having dupes wear an Atmo Suit when going through the teleporter or in a rocket, so I have an Atmo Suit at the destination. I also build Carpet tiles in spacefarer modules so I can dismantle them for reed fiber for repairs.

I don't find repair annoying, I just have an Exosuit Forge set to infinitely repair suits, and with suitable priorities they get repaired quickly. It was annoying before suits were automatically returned to the docks but now it can all be fully hands-off.

I find that masks are a nice intermediary cheap (energy-wise) solution for me. I basically use them in every game now. They are certainly not critically needed and rushing Exo Suits is perfectly fine as well. 

4 hours ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

Only the optimization part is refered to all. Food and atmo suit was my own personal thoughts. It is hard to believe that you don't agree that the game starts to perform much worse after many cycles, after many pipes built, critters, etc. I can accept that it is not an issue for you or for some, to see your scrolling on the map slow af or loading a 2000 cycle colony that takes ages, but denying the whole thing is just nonsense. I mean there are even tons of threads both here and on reddit about it.

On 8/8/2021 at 11:09 PM, Gurgel said:

I just put a canister emptier set to Oxygen and Prio 9 somewhere convenient. That solves the problem nicely.

A nice fix for a bug that consumers shouldn't have to deal with.

On 8/9/2021 at 1:17 PM, sakura_sk said:

The default in base game is "indestructible" so... worn suits never happen really

I am really glad people who do not have the dlc don't have this bug, irrelevant for me since I do have the dlc, but sure, good for you.

17 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Having contributed to this community, having (presumably) accumulated many, many hours in it, having seen the game's growing pains and it growing up, one might think that one has a right to be heard as to what direction the game should head in. One would be very wrong, contribution - optional, hours invested - for your own enjoyment, sticking with the game - appreciated but drowned in a sea of voices asking for their own recognition, hungry to quell their own voracious appetites. This we is no more than an echo of a vociferous minority willing to express their views on this forum, not of the majority of players that want freshness, newness, entertainment. Not everyone plays after 1000 cycles, not everyone can reach 100.

5 hours ago, Artorias36 said:

I see complaints where I could see suggestions, maybe a change in tone might make one read after the first sentence. Also, while the devs might offend by not catering to your very important needs, maybe ... maybe there is someone else playing this game differently, maybe they are making changes for those people?

10 minutes ago, ovidiuds said:

I am really glad people who do not have the dlc don't have this bug, irrelevant for me since I do have the dlc, but sure, good for you.

I do play the DLC and play only that. I also like to see what differs between versions. As far as I know it's not a bug. It's just like any other mechanics of the game I have to deal with.

5 hours ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

The "We" is numerous players that may or may not voice their opinions but are frustrated with all the bugs and optimization issues. Considering the numbers of people who liked my comment on fixing old bugs, it's safe to say that Saturnus opinion is shared by others.

I fully share his opinion by the way. I avoid playing the DLC because it's still early access. I just don't want to play an early access title: I want a stable game that won't change much.

Having a released game I play reverted to early-access level of testing, with colony breakage akin to an early-access game/DLC leaves a very sour taste in my mouth.

2 hours ago, Fradow said:

The "We" is numerous players that may or may not voice their opinions but are frustrated with all the bugs and optimization issues.

It is still a portion of players and personal opinion that don't express another portion of players

9 hours ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

The irony here is palpable. Take the first and the last sentence. The first sentances says that what is posted is the personal opinion of the poster. The last sentence says the poster should post their personal opinion.

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

The irony here is palpable. Take the first and the last sentence. The first sentances says that what is posted is the personal opinion of the poster. The last sentence says the poster should post their personal opinion.

The irony here is that the message was not understood, and it is partly my responsibility. Going back to the post that started this discussion:

On 8/9/2021 at 9:30 PM, Saturnus said:

"We" here, is used to define a group of people who was later defined as:

11 hours ago, Artorias36 said:

That "We" is anybody who played the game for more than 300 cycles and know how bad the game is optimized.

In any case, as far as I know, no one here has been elected to speak in the name of others, and that is why I have suggested posting personal opinions only and phrasing it as a personal opinion, not in a way that makes it seem like someone is posting in other people's name. I do not mind any opinion presented that way, but I personally dislike when people use "we" and speak in other people's name for whatever reason they might have when they are obviously expressing their personal opinion (and you and I seem to agree on this fact based on your last post).

All this is rather off topic from the OP. I have no intention of going any further with this. It is up to you to do whatever you want with it. My apologies @Tobruk for derailing away from your initial post!

24 minutes ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

In any case, as far as I know, no one here has been elected to speak in the name of others, and that is why I have suggested posting personal opinions only and phrasing it as a personal opinion, not in a way that makes it seem like someone is posting in other people's name. I do not mind any opinion presented that way, but I personally dislike when people use "we" and speak in other people's name for whatever reason they might have when they are obviously expressing their personal opinion (and you and I seem to agree on this fact based on your last post).

All this is rather off topic from the OP. I have no intention of going any further with this. It is up to you to do whatever you want with it. My apologies @Tobruk for derailing away from your initial post!

You don't understand the difference between facts and opinions. It is a fact that the game lose fps and performance after many cycles of gameplay, a fact well proven by threads in several platforms, from this very forum, to reddit, to the very steam reviews. As it is a proven facts that several bugs are still not fixed. The opinion part is whether the performance issue or the bugs is a game breaking problem or not. To me it is, to you it seems it isn't. But doesn't change the fact that they both exists.

7 hours ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

Yes. Stating "we" in this way is an attempt to hijack the presence of anybody that is present and also an attempt to fake a unified front. As such I find it completely unacceptable. Unless you are an elected spokesperson with a mandate, speak only for yourself. 

Archived